Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:38 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,148 times

Advertisements

Conviction of the following crimes can trigger mandatory deportation of legal and illegal aliens:

• Drug crimes
• Being a drug user or addict
• Possessing, selling, buying or owning firearms or any parts or accessories
• Crimes of moral turpitude
• Aggravated felonies
• Failure to register as a sex offender
• Committing acts of domestic violence, stalking, child abuse, neglect or abandonment, including violating a protective order
• Prostitution
Violation of any US immigration laws, including failing to report address changes, falsifying immigration documents, falsely claiming US citizenship, helping others enter the country illegally and knowingly providing false or misleading information on any immigration document or application
• Threats to national security, terrorism

8 USCA §1227(a)(2). For the majority of these crimes, it does not matter how long the legal resident has lived in the United States. If any non-citizen commits one of these crimes at any time after entering the country, he or she may be deported if convicted. It also does not matter if he or she is actually charged with committing the crime - charges of conspiracy or attempt for any one of these crimes also may trigger deportation.

Press Release - Mandatory Deportation Based on Criminal Conviction on the Rise

While this is good news ON PAPER, there is no mention of illegal entry on the list of offenses worthy of deportation. . . . did I miss something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 PM

471 posts, read 587,634 times
Still, it IS good news. Check one for the good guys.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:57 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Conviction of the following crimes can trigger mandatory deportation of legal and illegal aliens:
The operative word is “can.” Call me cynical, but I would feel much more optimistic if it stated they “will” be deported.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The operative word is “can.” Call me cynical, but I would feel much more optimistic if it stated they “will” be deported.
So would I. I believe that what happens in this country in the next year and a half will be both interesting and critical. I also believe that whatever happens in that time frame will be indicative of whether or not America as we know it will survive this invasion.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:07 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Why can't it be for ANY crime?

Old 05-03-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So would I. I believe that what happens in this country in the next year and a half will be both interesting and critical. I also believe that whatever happens in that time frame will be indicative of whether or not America as we know it will survive this invasion.
Agreed. Our country is now on life support. Granting amnesty would be tantamount to pulling the plug.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Because, they would have to deport ALL illegals; and we certainly can't have that.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Our country is now on life support. Granting amnesty would be tantamount to pulling the plug.
As usual, you have read my mind.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What Benicar said and because apparently they and their ethnocentric racists aren't the only ones who believe that they are the exception to the rule of law.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,854,248 times
Quote:
Because, they would have to deport ALL illegals; and we certainly can't have that.
Yep, doing that would be sooooooooo racist (while forgetting about the fact that illegal entry is a crime for some strange reason that no one one earth could ever comprehend).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration