Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
It is wrong because the government is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars making and printing tests in all those languages when it is simply not necessary.
With Kentucky possibly in a $1 billion budget hole, printing up tests in one language only could shave a few dollars of the deficit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 04:40 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Ky. governor reverses English-only policy - WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY |

Well that was short lived thanks to Governor Beshear.

Interesting words from Gov. Beshear, i guess he didnt see the poll that a Louisville news station took today that said 93% support a English-only drivers test.
An the Hammer falls!!! on laws that make no sense. Or maybe he didn't want to lose the support of the 7% of people who didn't agree at the risk of losing the support of the 93% that support it. Political suicide or, better data than your average lay man has access to?

That law did was very short lived.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Last time I checked - the road signs are in ENGLISH (though pro-illegal groups will likely be trying to change that soon as well).

Glad to see laws that favor safety over political correctness.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:57 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
An the Hammer falls!!! on laws that make no sense. Or maybe he didn't want to lose the support of the 7% of people who didn't agree at the risk of losing the support of the 93% that support it. Political suicide or, better data than your average lay man has access to?

That law did was very short lived.
And the hammer falls? lol I thought AZB had a patent on that phrase. Guess we all tend to rub off on each other, huh. Might wind up being a good thing. My faith is reborn.

Maybe there is hope yet.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:01 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
And the hammer falls? lol I thought AZB had a patent on that phrase. Guess we all tend to rub off on each other, huh. Might wind up being a good thing. My faith is reborn.

Maybe there is hope yet.
Hehe, yeah I did it on purpose. I figure some of you would get a kick out of it. Sorry AZB for the blatant disregard of your copyright.

On the side though, I do have learned quite a bit on the month or so that I have been posting here. I can say that I am a much better informed individual due to coming to the CDF. I hope you guys can say the other posters and the people just like to read can say the same.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post

Maybe there is hope yet.
The pro illegal advocates are grasping at straws: being that most of them are indeed some variety of 'Hispanic'------------they are using machismo to cover up their growing fear that mass deportations will be commencing.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Thank you Kentucky for the voice of reason.

Our state has gone to symbols so you don't have to read. The only problem is that when you see only part of a symbol, it can sometimes change the meaning. Kentucky has the right idea.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
How disgusting.

Shame on you, Traitor Beshear.
Ain't that the truth?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Ain't that the truth?
Beshear has a small history of playing games with illegal immigration. Beshear said that he supports 287g but wants the federal govt to pay for it. He claims he'll do it when the federal govt pays for it (crickets chirping.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration