Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

illegal immigration is only a factor. urban poor have to live with this sort of hell all the time.
the issue is our disfunctional law system that outlawed punishment and retribution for crime years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you going to post a rape by and Illegal alien I can post thousands by American Citizens. Whats your point? I guess it's alright to rape someone if you are legal? rape and murder is the same no matter who does it.

The point is illegal aliens have NO RIGHT to be here. If they weren't in this country the odds are we wouldn't be having this discussion and that little girl along with countless other children and women being raped, sodomized and molested would not have to relive the nightmare or in this case die at the hands of these disgusting illegal alien maggots.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
So we shouldn't automatically assume that people aren't rapists and murderers?

Should we keep an eye on immigrant looking people, while keeping our back to the obvious citizens? Aren't most cases of child molestation committed by people close to the family? How can you avoid this kind of tragedy?
Kicking all illegals out of the country, since they are the ones we should be worried about harming our children?
No we should not assume that they are a violent criminal. We should assume that since they are an illegal that they deserve to be deported and react accordingly. Not all bank robbers are violent nor would I house one or provide them with sanctuary.
I agree with your previous post and your heart felt outrage. If the hispanic community would step up publicly and denounce illegal immigration and help enforce our laws that would do nothing but improve their image.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:11 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
If you going to post a rape by and Illegal alien I can post thousands by American Citizens. Whats your point? I guess it's alright to rape someone if you are legal? rape and murder is the same no matter who does it.
What is your point ! You are so damn far out you are almost back in. This whole forum is about ILLEGALS, not american criminals. You are going defend this scumbag by attempting to compare him with American criminals??? Thats the worst "strawman argument" I have ever heard. Every body else does it so its OK ?? At the very least you are off topic.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:16 PM

223 posts, read 300,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No we should not assume that they are a violent criminal. We should assume that since they are an illegal that they deserve to be deported and react accordingly. Not all bank robbers are violent nor would I house one or provide them with sanctuary.
I agree with your previous post and your heart felt outrage. If the hispanic community would step up publicly and denounce illegal immigration and help enforce our laws that would do nothing but improve their image.
There is a disconnect in logic here. We can't let a story of an illegal alien committing a crime keep us from wanting to improve the immigration system. It's a case by case basis. What one illegal alien does is NOT relevant to the other millions in this country.

This is a cheap political scare tactic. You can't predict crimes like this before it happens.
It's cheap to associate one problem with another problem to get the masses scared and resentful.
"Illegal" is broad status, an umbrella term for people living here without documents. Not the name of a street gang.

YouTube - Open Door 2

Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
There is a disconnect in logic here. We can't let a story of an illegal alien committing a crime keep us from wanting to improve the immigration system. It's a case by case basis. What one illegal alien does is NOT relevant to the other millions in this country.

This is a cheap political scare tactic. You can't predict crimes like this before it happens.
It's cheap to associate one problem with another problem to get the masses scared and resentful.

YouTube - Open Door 2
There is nothing wrong with our immigration system. Adding a half a million people each year legally is still way too many. Do you have any idea how many resources each 1/2 a million people take up? The water they use, the food they eat, the carbon foot print they create? We need to slow legal immigration and halt illegal immigration. The US is sliding down hill by default with the amount of unskilled, poorly educated Peasants from other Countries we are taking in.
Just because you have family or people of your race you want to let in doesn't "make it so".
Pick a team, pick a side and figure out who you are.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is nothing wrong with our immigration system. Adding a half a million people each year legally is still way too many. Do you have any idea how many resources each 1/2 a million people take up? The water they use, the food they eat, the carbon foot print they create? We need to slow legal immigration and halt illegal immigration. The US is sliding down hill by default with the amount of unskilled, poorly educated Peasants from other Countries we are taking in.
Just because you have family or people of your race you want to let in doesn't "make it so".
Pick a team, pick a side and figure out who you are.
Why do you feel it necessary to make it a race issue?
You are exposing your suspicion and prejudice of an ethnic group.

I'm talking about the irresponsibility of trying to associate an immigration status with child molestation. It's an old school, anti-immigrant fear tactic.
Get off the topic of my "race" and the "people" of my "race".

Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Why do you feel it necessary to make it a race issue?

I'm talking about the irresponsibility of trying to associate an immigration status with child molestation. It's an old school, anti-immigrant fear tactic.
I'm Apache, still wanna tread that path? I know most of these people coming across are Indians via Mexico. Does that change the way I feel about them emptying my wallet? Hell no.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm Apache, still wanna tread that path? I know most of these people coming across are Indians via Mexico. Does that change the way I feel about them emptying my wallet? Hell no.
So? What's that supposed to mean?
I repeat:

Old 05-28-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
So? What's that supposed to mean?
I repeat:

Illegals are of all colors, I dislike them an equal amount. I also don't try to make excuses for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration