Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:55 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times

Advertisements

i have to side with you here.

it says most. but does not give exact numbers as to how many exactly were illegal.

thats always suspect. why not give exact numbers?

either way they are thugs and we are fine without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
The article said dozens rounded up and several were illegal aliens. Several out of dozens does not equal most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 04:20 PM

380 posts, read 709,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh I see. These gang members were legally here with visas, probably students and technical workers like programmers before they got jumped in.

That's odd, my wife who is a crime analyst says most of them give an alias in the hopes they can make bail before they are found to be here illegally and deported if they have a rap sheet. If they say they are an American then they too have to provide some sort of identification.
I may be guilty of splitting hairs or playing devil's advocate but the article specifically said that only several of the dozens were here illegally. Also most criminals, illegal or not, will usually shoot an alias when they are arrested. However, this will only be effective at hiding their real identity if it's their first arrest because once a repeat offender's fingerprints are entered into a database everything pops up, illegal or not. I know here in New Jersey deportation proceedings will only be initiated for a "serious" felony. Illegal immigrants will be released after serving time for misdemeanors such as drunk driving, petty theft, domestic violence, or drug possesion.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac213 View Post
Crips, Bloods, 18th Street, Surenos, etc have been around for decades in the United States. Can you say the same about in Mexico and Central America?
Mexico and Central America is where they are from.

No American gang would call themselves "sureños", (nor norteños, el sur, el norte, dieciocho, words that mean nothing to most American and certainly meant even less to Americans 20-30 years ago).

As far as gang violence in Mexico - have you been to Ciudad Juarez lately?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

No American gang would call themselves "sureños", (nor norteños, el sur, el norte, dieciocho, words that mean nothing to most American and certainly meant even less to Americans 20-30 years ago).

• surenos-named for their location in southern California
  • nortenos-named for their location in northern California
  • dieciocho-named after 18th St. in Los Angeles
These gangs were started by people born in the USA

Last edited by contachster; 07-01-2009 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: 111

Old 07-01-2009, 03:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
you are completely wrong!!!!

but cantac handled you fine.

see above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Old 07-01-2009, 04:57 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I may be guilty of splitting hairs or playing devil's advocate but the article specifically said that only several of the dozens were here illegally. Also most criminals, illegal or not, will usually shoot an alias when they are arrested. However, this will only be effective at hiding their real identity if it's their first arrest because once a repeat offender's fingerprints are entered into a database everything pops up, illegal or not. I know here in New Jersey deportation proceedings will only be initiated for a "serious" felony. Illegal immigrants will be released after serving time for misdemeanors such as drunk driving, petty theft, domestic violence, or drug possesion.

No worries, hair splitting is fine. Personally I wish ALL of them busted were deportable. It sucks that any willl be allowed to stay because they are Americans. Of course were it not for the 14th I'm sure that number would have been close to "all" gang members being deportable in that sweep.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
No worries, hair splitting is fine. Personally I wish ALL of them busted were deportable. It sucks that any willl be allowed to stay because they are Americans. Of course were it not for the 14th I'm sure that number would have been close to "all" gang members being deportable in that sweep.
You might be right about your statement concerning the 14th ammendment, however, I do not think any of us will see that ammendment changed in our lifetime. Changing the constitution is a long drawn out process. And even if it was changed it would address one issue but it could have unforseen negative consequences for many law abiding people.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:07 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
You might be right about your statement concerning the 14th ammendment, however, I do not think any of us will see that ammendment changed in our lifetime. Changing the constitution is a long drawn out process. And even if it was changed it would address one issue but it could have unforseen negative consequences for many law abiding people.
negative consequences, like?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
negative consequences, like?
I knew you were going to ask that the second I typed it, LOL! Well one example is explained by yours truly in the thread "California closer to ending anchor baby births...." Go check that out and in the mean time I'll put on my bullet proof vest because I am sure you have a strong opinion about that my friend!!

Last edited by contachster; 07-02-2009 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: r

Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
I knew you were going to ask that the second I typed it, LOL! Well one example is explained by yours truly in the thread "California closer to ending anchor baby births...." Go check that out and in the mean time I'll put on my bullet proof vest because I am sure you have a strong opinion about that my friend!!
If you are discussing illegal aliens as your putative 'law abiding people'..........I see no negative consquences whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration