Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 12:15 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Starting today, South Carolina’s largest businesses will be subject to random audits of their employment documents as part of a crackdown on hiring illegal immigrants.

The S.C. Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation will focus its attention on businesses that typically hire immigrant workers, said Jim Knight, a department spokesman.

“For instance, you can be pretty sure construction and landscaping will be on that list for audits,” Knight said.
Illegal immigrants? Firms face employee audits - Local / Metro - The State (http://www.thestate.com/local/story/847793.html?RSS=local - broken link)

Quote:
Businesses with fewer than 100 workers will not be required to follow the immigration law until July 1, 2010.
July 2010? Oh well. It's better than nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:14 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
One will notice that more and more states are coming on board cracking down on illegal aliens along with their enablers.

Methinks the Feds will be getting the hint real soon

Old 07-01-2009, 10:19 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,548 times
I agree with AB. They have to start cracking down. As a state I'm trying to possibly relocate to, I'm glad to see SC (which has a known illegals problem) plans to at least try to do something about it.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
That is great. It is a start. The states are getting it, finally.

Those sanctuary states, not waking up, are going to be flooded with illegals looking for work.

The fed and a lot of politicians are clueless or greedy. States are getting it but our federal government, which the states relied on and waited for them to do something about it, are taking command of their citizens cries for help.

Representatives like Lamar Smith, need to get the word out and change the minds of those that don't see the big picture. Politicians and the wealthy, never see, or feel the real effects illegal aliens have on the lower and middle class. I consider myself middle class, but as illegals have come into my construction career, I am forced to become on the lower side of that, in order to compete. Soon, if it keeps up, I will be low class and in poverty. As I'm now working for less than I did in 1980.
I'm too old to retrain for another career. But as most flooring installers, we rely on retail flooring dealers to sell flooring and provide us with a job. We are labeled subcontractors, so the retail flooring dealers can cheat the IRS, State income tax. Insurance, both liability and workmans comp. and no overhead associated with employees. This also allows them to hire illegals without fear of penalties, as labeling everyone that works from these retail flooring stores as a subcontractor/independent business.
The illegals don't pay income taxes to neither the Fed or State. They cannot get and do not have insurance, not even on their vehicles. How do I compete with that and stay legal paying my taxes and insurance??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration