Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So is jay walking. In my hometown it is illegal to build a house without a fireplace...despite the average temp. being closer to 80. The "illegal is illegal" argument is really, well, an overly simplified argument. Laws are made by man, thus legality is subjective.
And if you do not like such laws...................leave. No one is holding a gun to your head demanding you live in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Exactly facts are facts. Hence why I posted this. That it is time that the facts are shown. $10billion vs. $41billion annually. Obese people cost the nation 4x more annually. Not saying we should harm or heckle fat people, but merely pointing out that its interesting that the energy is spent on trying to use illegal immigrants as scape goats for a whole host of problems, yet we don't do that to other types of people that put more of a financial strain (obese people being simply an example).
Irrelevant.

Illegal aliens are criminals and they need to disappear back across our borders.

You are really showing signs of desperation dragging the 'obese' strawman into a conversation concerning a bunch of losers who have no business being here in the first place.

Besides: many probable illegals are 'fatties' themselves so what is your point?

Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Not really BS...diabetes, a host of neurological disorders weaker immune systems...overall just a worst state of health will lead you more to the hospital.

These things take time from work, hence reduce production and detract from the economy. Being illegal, in of itself, doesn't affect productivity. Also the earnings are used to uy things, hence pump money into the economy.
Illegals take more OUT of the economy than they put in, especially when it comes to healthcare.

BTW, why don't you ***** about the government? They are the ones who allow the crap to be put into the food that makes people fat and sick. Additives in food are not necessary but the people of this country merrily eat the crap anyway and then they drive their butts down to Micky Ds and eat that nasty crap. When I was young there was not a damn fast food joint on every block. When people went out to eat they went to a restaurant and ate a decent meal and it was a treat back then. Now we have have a generation of idiot young people who think they should eat out for every meal and that every person should have a cell phone and talk on it constantly. The whole society is sick and the people who ***** about fat people are no damn different, especially when they like the illegals instead of American citizens who happen to be fat. I would be willing to bet that you are not fit and that you do planty of unhealthy things. You are not worth discussing this because you want an excuse to say that illegals are ok and fat people are not. I would be willing to bet that you couldmn't keep up with me and all that I do every day and that you probably eat very unhealthy.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:00 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Irrelevant.

Illegal aliens are criminals and they need to disappear back across our borders.

You are really showing signs of desperation dragging the 'obese' strawman into a conversation concerning a bunch of losers who have no business being here in the first place.

Have you seen what becoming Americanized has done to Mestizos? They are fat and more of them become diabetic than Americans who are fat. The illegals are very unhealthy and I wish they would go back to their home countries and be unhealthy there.

BTW, you are right about this being a strawman. He wants to allow illegals and make fun of Americans.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
fail to acknowledge the costs of obesity. In 2004 the "cost" of illegal immigration was stated to be $10 billion annually. Granted, this study is 5 years old, yet the costs would not have dramatically increased. Illegal Immigrants' Cost to Government Studied (washingtonpost.com)

However, obesity costs $41 billion annually. Some researchers have shown, those that live in more conservative areas are more likely to be obese (the deep South, the Midwest, the intermountain region...)

So this begs the question, why focus on the costs of illegal immigration...and not on other more pressing issues?

I understand this is the illegal immigration forum, so of course you won't talk about obesity costs, but the point I'm making is that there more pressing issues we are currently facing.
If we boot the illegal losers out, then we will have an additional $10 billion that we can use to help obese actual Americans slim down. The money can be spent on dietitians to teach them how to eat healthy, gyms that for public use and educational programs.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 AM

27 posts, read 39,438 times
ummmm the fat people do not steal work from me!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:10 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
And if you do not like such laws...................leave. No one is holding a gun to your head demanding you live in the USA.
What? This is actually really irrelevant to the conversation, seeing how the point was that laws are not immutable. So what is your point?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Irrelevant.

Very relevant...since the majority of 'fatties' are legal. Thus, showing that this intense hatred and misguided efforts aren't really solving any problems.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerdick View Post
ummmm the fat people do not steal work from me!!!!!!!!
Neither do illegals...

Old 07-15-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If we boot the illegal losers out, then we will have an additional $10 billion that we can use to help obese actual Americans slim down. The money can be spent on dietitians to teach them how to eat healthy, gyms that for public use and educational programs.
If we kicked out obese pple we would save $41billion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration