Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

More and more: I am starting to think that why the MSM is not reporting the whole truth concerning illegal aliens and their enablers is that the public anger would be too great otherwise.

Why I say that is prejudice is growing against the mostly Mestizo Spanish speaking Mexicans/Central American in particular and there may be some well founded fears that innocent folks may win up getting caught in the impending crossfire.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 02:56 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,721 times
Really? Left-wing ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, LAT, Newsweek, etc. aren't reporting accurately on both sides of the illegal immigration issue?

How could that be?

I suppose there's always talk radio, my media preference BTW.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:10 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times
I think it's because there is no independent big media anymore. They are all run by huge corporations who are not only into media, but other businesses. Business loves illegal aliens. Cheap pay; no benefits; no taxes and pass on their social costs to the taxpayers. It is particularly disgusting that that American staple, the Chamber of Commerce is pro-illegal alien.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM

706 posts, read 940,222 times
I agree with You .....The anger that would be generated by reporting the problems and costs associated with and created by illegal immigration would certainly "stir the pot", as well as increase the focus the general public would place on the problem, and perhaps force the issue to the forefront.

But what I want to know is WHY is there a concerted effort by the MSM to keep the problem from from ever being reported, except for the all too frequent "sympathy" type of report ?

It is intentional.....but why?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:40 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I agree with You .....The anger that would be generated by reporting the problems and costs associated with and created by illegal immigration would certainly "stir the pot", as well as increase the focus the general public would place on the problem, and perhaps force the issue to the forefront.

But what I want to know is WHY is there a concerted effort by the MSM to keep the problem from from ever being reported, except for the all too frequent "sympathy" type of report ?

It is intentional.....but why?
The inordinate fear of 'the Race Card' drives everything today. Any publcation that took even a MODERATELY stern view on this subject would instantly be labeled 'part of the right-wing fringe'. ANY speaker or broadcaster or publication or writer who deviates even SLIGHTLY from a nearly 100% 'symathetic' view of illegals is quickly labeled as a 'hatemonger', and the FEAR of this probably compounds it. Think about all the times the word "hate" is thrown around...or "racism". These words have become so overreachingly broad that they could mean just about ANYTHING.

Not willing to be even MENTIONED in the same sentence as 'unkind'...or 'mean-spirited'..or 'racist'...most of these publications, and their writers, just "cave". Most politicians do likewise, and the few that do NOT endure the term "hard right".

The 'Race Card' today has as much power to intimidate as "Gay" might have, a generation ago...or being "a commie" in the 1950's. These labels ruined people, and careers....and were to be avoided at all costs.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:52 PM

53 posts, read 93,174 times
The media is nothing more than a mouthpiece for democrats. ever wonder why the the postville raid was always depicted as a said and mericiless event?

prove me wrong. the democrats control the maintstream media THAT IS WHY!

Old 07-31-2009, 05:17 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
I was in Seattle about two weeks ago. At the airport, one of the maintenance clerks in the food court noticed my New Mexico t-shirt. She asked me if I was from NM, and I answered her in Spanish. We had a nice talk. She proceeded to tell me how she got her first job in Santa Fe when she came up from Juarez, but moved to Seattle because the wages were so much higher. She loved the cool weather compared to Juarez/El Paso. I asked her if she was a citizen, and she made it clear she was not, but that nobody cared. She claimed she was making $12 an hour cleaning tables at SeaTac. She said she paid her taxes (FICA I'd guess), had a car with insurance, and her kids were in good schools. Her husband worked in Seattle part of the year, and in Yakima the rest. They made $50K a year according to her. In Juarez they might make $5K a year.

That is why we will never stop illegal immigration.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:57 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,605,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
More and more: I am starting to think that why the MSM is not reporting the whole truth concerning illegal aliens and their enablers is that the public anger would be too great otherwise.

Why I say that is prejudice is growing against the mostly Mestizo Spanish speaking Mexicans/Central American in particular and there may be some well founded fears that innocent folks may win up getting caught in the impending crossfire.

Any thoughts?
Hate crimes against Latinos are already growing as are hate groups, so if they truly are causing all these problems you would have a point. However, how can we be so sure there is something to report? The only place I see negative news on illegal aliens are on conservative blogs and who knows if what they say is true. For example, according to cron.com it's a myth that illegals are costing the U.S. billions of dollars in welfare the fact is that illegals are not even eligible for welfare so how can they even be costing us billions in that regard as some conservatives are claiming?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
For example, according to cron.com it's a myth that illegals are costing the U.S. billions of dollars in welfare the fact is that illegals are not even eligible for welfare so how can they even be costing us billions in that regard as some conservatives are claiming?
Oh, but they are eligible to get social benefits if the female illegal aliens can breed who-knows-how-many anchor children.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Hate crimes against Latinos are already growing as are hate groups, so if they truly are causing all these problems you would have a point. However, how can we be so sure there is something to report? The only place I see negative news on illegal aliens are on conservative blogs and who knows if what they say is true. For example, according to cron.com it's a myth that illegals are costing the U.S. billions of dollars in welfare the fact is that illegals are not even eligible for welfare so how can they even be costing us billions in that regard as some conservatives are claiming?
Not just brown Latinos are in danger from the fools on either side of the pro/anti illegal immigration debacle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration