Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:59 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times

Advertisements

Delivering a baby is an emergency that is dealt with at the ER. People don't get pregnant to **** off Americans, nor to seek free services. Besides, last time I checked stats, Latinos are not far from other ethnicities in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 03:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Delivering a baby is an emergency that is dealt with at the ER. People don't get pregnant to **** off Americans, nor to seek free services. Besides, last time I checked stats, Latinos are not far from other ethnicities in the US.
When did I mention “Latinos?” Illegal aliens deliberately give birth in this country to avail themselves of our freebies, and to improve their chances of remaining in this country. That’s a fact.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:09 PM

Please show reliable evidence of "your fact".

Old 10-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Give me a few minutes.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:18 PM

Fair enough.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:20 PM

163 posts, read 240,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Give me a few minutes.
Where's that video of the woman who crossed the border with her husband and 2 daughters specifically to give birth in the US because she wanted her family to have a better life and she knew that would happen if the baby was an American citizen. If I remember correctly they weren't at all shy about their reasons for coming to the US.

She ended up having a c-section at no cost to her and told the interviewer that she really couldn't understand the resentment that caused.

Quote:
EDIT: Found the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ZnX9JRo5M

Old 10-17-2009, 03:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
What you just described is definite cause to eliminate birthright citizenship unless at least one parent (preferably the mother) is a legal resident or US citizen.

Birthright citizenship is extinct in almost any First World nation including Ireland.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
I agree Benicar but people use the ER for exactly that emergencies. I know many who will do anything to not go to the ER. Many do home remedies. Many are also afraid of showing up to the hospital for fear of being deported as we now know many have been turned over to authorities.
Frankly, I have never heard of a hospital calling ICE to come get some illegal in the ER. Under EMTALA, if a hospital refuses to treat someone they can be fined $50,000.

Investor's Business Daily

Quote:
Paying The Price For Illegal Care

Under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, or EMTALA, hospitals can't even ask for a patient's
immigration status or ability to pay prior to delivering treatment.
They also can't keep such uninsured patients waiting, even if their problem isn't an emergency. Nor can they discharge them until they're fully stabilized and have safe transportation.

<snip>

The law isn't limited to ERs. Hospitals must accept illegals at any facility on campus -- including outpatient clinics and doctor's offices -- located within 250 yards of the main buildings.

<snip>

Hospitals end up treating uninsured illegals for the sniffles and other nonurgent care, and pass that exorbitant cost on to the insured, the Government Accountability Office has found.

<snip>

Many eat losses and eventually go out of business like they're doing in droves in California, which has seen 85 hospital closures in the last decade. An additional 55 facilities have shut down ERs. The state ranks last in the country in access to emergency care and last inERs per capita, making it woefully unprepared to respond to a major earthquake or terror attack.
At one time California had the finest ER system in the country.

<snip>

Quote:
Border hospitals are the hardest-hit. By law, they have to treat even illegals injured while crossing the border. Each year, hundreds of them pour into the ER at El Centro Regional Medical Center near SanDiego with fractures sustained while climbing the fence or eluding border patrols in high-speed car chases. Others suffer from multiple organ failures from dehydration.

Many abuse the system with encouragement from groups like Maldef and La Raza, which have spread the word about EMTALA. In Texas, hospitals are flooded with walk-in mothers in labor showing up in the ER tohave their anchor babies.
etc., etc., etc.

You get the drift.

(help me)

Paying The Price For Illegal Care | Legal > Health Care Law from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/health-care-law/12873067-1.html - broken link)

Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Eliot is one of an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They're given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

As for Eliot's mother, no longer as fearful of deportation, she told CBS News her name, Fabiola, and her story.

"So your son is an American citizen. What does that mean to you?" Pitts asked.

"I am very glad that he was born. That's why I came here - so my children, my husband and I could have a better life," she said through a translator.
Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense - CBS Evening News - CBS News
Quote:
Question
I have recently found out that I am pregnant. If all goes well, I am due by the first week of May 2007. I am planning give birth in the US, and therefore come and stay in the US at least 2 months prior to my due date. Now the question is: How long can I stay in the U.S. on a B-1/B-2 visa? And if the US immigration authorities at the port of entry grant me less time than I need to give birth, can I apply for an extension?

Answer
So you are intent on using services in the US without contributing...sorry I won't help with your quest. The United States tax payers are already inundated with foreign nationals using our medical services, schools, and other tax funded programs without paying a dime toward the use, hence US Taxpayers end up fronting the cost of your child and services.
Immigration Issues: Birth in USA on B2 Visa, us immigration authorities, b2 visa

Quote:
All told, federal law (not the Constitution) gives citizenship to an estimated minimum 400,000 babies each year who don’t have even one parent who is a U.S. citizen or permanent legal immigrant. This is a huge impediment to efforts to stabilize U.S. population to allow for environmental sustainability. And it is a great incentive for more illegal immigration.

Each of these babies becomes an anchor who retards deportation of unlawfully present parents—and who eventually will be an anchor for entire families and villages as chain migration leads to the immigration of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
'Anchor' Babies: No More U.S. Citizenship - BusinessWeek

Old 10-17-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
Where's that video of the woman who crossed the border with her husband and 2 daughters specifically to give birth in the US because she wanted her family to have a better life and she knew that would happen if the baby was an American citizen. If I remember correctly they weren't at all shy about their reasons for coming to the US.

She ended up having a c-section at no cost to her and told the interviewer that she really couldn't understand the resentment that caused.

EDIT: Found the video:

YouTube - Mexicans --- "Anchors Aweigh" on US Soil
It took me forever to find that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration