Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 AM

814 posts, read 2,307,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Even more damaging is our unfortunate habit of allowing miserable ingrates from abroad to settle here in the US legally, people who do nothing but p*** and moan about the place from dawn til dusk.
another worthless post. and how is it damaging? please delineate it for me and everyone.

also, what was in the content of my post that was not true?

ingrate? interesting. i wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those closet wn's.

how would i be an ingrate unless you believe others just living on american soil are somehow just takers and not givers. (this is american territory, therefore they are breathing american air, how dare they!) lol

I work and pay taxes just like anyone else. AND, i had to deal with a ****load of undeserved prejudice while doing it and i was legal from the time i got here.

And no, i didn't choose to come to america. that you are right about.

maybe, you should be grateful some of those illegals actually want to work in your country instead of me. lol

Old 03-08-2009, 07:46 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,953 times
Andreabeth I doubt you actually talk to any of them as you can barely manage a sentence in English, let alone another language. My guess is you are, just as I claimed, on the lower rung of our society and these people threaten you. With your attitude why would you even talk to them to find out how they feel about us?

Old 03-08-2009, 07:52 AM

As I had predicted - a quick check of andreabeth's posts are all about one subject "Mexicans". This is the only issue in the US according to Andreabeth. I only covered the first page of posts, but these Mexicans are more important than the war, education, smoking, obesity and the deficit.

Nah no racist element here; she would probably say Hitler liked Jews too!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:02 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
another worthless post. and how is it damaging? please delineate it for me and everyone.

ingrate? interesting. i wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those closet wn's.

how would i be an ingrate unless you believe others just living on american soil are somehow just takers and not givers. (this is american territory, therefore they are breathing american air, how dare they!) lol

I work and pay taxes just like anyone else. AND, i had to deal with a ****load of undeserved prejudice while doing it and i was legal from the time i got here.

maybe, you should be grateful some of those illegals actually want to work in your country instead of me. lol
Irrelevant:

If you have so much contempt for the USA and its cultural mores---------do us a favor and leave.

We indeed have our problems and we certainly do not need additional ones---------especially from an illegal alien apologist.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Andreabeth I doubt you actually talk to any of them as you can barely manage a sentence in English, let alone another language. My guess is you are, just as I claimed, on the lower rung of our society and these people threaten you. With your attitude why would you even talk to them to find out how they feel about us?
Typical derogatory comment from an illegal alien apologist: when your side is checkmated; you folks attempt to tear us down with personal insults.

In my reply to leanna: do the USA a favor and move to another nation if you are so disgusted with us 'illiterate rednecks'.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 AM

Arizona Bear not only are all her posts about MEXICAN's but she lists you as a friend! You guys rant on them together.

Arizona how about I move to another country if you pay back the US the amount I've put in their federal and state treasuries the past 2 years. Make up for my taxes as you are the super-patriot and perhaps I will retire overseas.

Umm we are talking approximately $55,000 per year or are your posts worth that much? LOL

Its easy to talk - isn't it?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Arizona Bear not only are all her posts about MEXICAN's but she lists you as a friend! You guys rant on them together.

Arizona how about I move to another country if you pay back the US the amount I've put in their federal and state treasuries the past 2 years. Make up for my taxes as you are the super-patriot and perhaps I will retire overseas.

Umm we are talking approximately $55,000 per year or are your posts worth that much? LOL

I stand by what I stated.

Legal immigrants Mexican or otherwise I welcome to the USA.

Illegal aliens are almost without exception criminals and need to not only be deported but should have their assets seized as well.

As for JDubsMom: we may have our differences but where illegal immigration per se is concerned----------we do see eye to eye.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:41 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
macmeal there is some truth in what you say. I lived 6 blocks from the border and because I speak Spanish had many conversations with these illegals. For me its a combination of factors. 1. I remember them building a house across the street during a record heat wave- well over 100. They were there when my little girl's school bus left at 6;17 AM and worked until 7PM. I watched them for a while one day and brought them some ice cause they didn't seem to have cold water. A couple of days later my tire went flat and my jack etc were in my son's car. I had to go into town but when I returned someone had removed the wheel for me. I've always found them extra nice. As an elected prosecutor I rarely found them in any real trouble. Maybe a DWI here and there.

I started with nothing but have 3 grad degrees and am in the top 1% in wealth. These Mexicans are not a threat to me - my job because I worked my way through school and got an education.

On this post most of those who disagree with me are pretty articulate, however look at your local newspaper online - people complaining about Mexicans often are totally illiterate. I can almost guess their position each time just by the sentence structure ( or lack thereof). At least the Mexicans can speak ONE language fluently.

I'm not easily stereotyped. I voted in the last 3 GOP primaries, but after supporting Ron Paul, I voted for Obama. I am extremely strict on crime - I almost never believe a burglar should get probation.

I see these people working their asses off, in the worst conditions, and for slave wages and yet they have to time and energy to help others. I also see ignorant fat rednecks too lazy to work and learn our language and blaming these guys for all their problems.

Yes they are breaking the law but some laws are badly motivated and have been throughout our history- forget for a second what you think of marijuana and look at the legislative history of how the statutes were enacted. "A bill to curtail the brown and red races" ( from California). Read the debate in the Minnesota legislature as the legislators to a man, didn't even know what marijuana was - when Wash DC send them the prohibiting legislation.

Each law has to be decided on its own merits - for me, as to the Mexicans "live and let live"
I share almost your exact experiences with illegals. I've worked with them, enjoyed their company, had them do 'favors' like you describe, and found them to be cheerful, enjoyable, hard-working people, MUCH like Americans might have been a generation or so ago. I've even had a number of them in my own extended family, long ago (all legal now).

My position is that illegal immigration was once a 'win-win' situation, but that society is changing; like so MANY other things, what 'worked' in the past may not 'work' now, and it's getting harder and harder each year to make a 'case' for illegal immigration, even as the NUMBERS of illegals increase exponentially. What was once a sort of 'arrangement of convenience' has now become a huge, monstrous social problem, and in today's world, in our high-tech society, where we can't even give a 'good life' to our own high-school dropouts..(or even our own high-school GRADUATES !), there's really no way we can continue to accomodate illegal immigrants.

We tend to forget that many Mexicans..AND OTHERS...arrive here each year LEGALLY. The US does quite a job of admitting immigrants; but the days of 'winking' at the local 'mojados' are coming to an end. It just CAN'T go on, and that's my position.

And unfortunately, whatever your views on the "fat rednecks" may be, (and I'm not always fond of all their habits, either), those 'rednecks' are US citizens, and are entitled to be here. Every nation has it's 'good and bad', but unless you're truly ready to become a 'citizen of the world', then you can't compare the local 'losers' to illegals arriving from elsewhere. Your kid may be a LOT nicer, smarter, and more polite than MY kid....but I can't start supporting YOUR kid, because I'm stuck supporting my own. You can't fairly compare the two.

I do agree with most of your points....the best to you...

Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:

I bet more than that on traffic lights, rube.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post

Why stay here if you can find nothing positive to say about Americans or our society? No one asked you to come here and no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to stay. If you truly have such a low opinion of the place, why continue to live in the US? What did you come here for anyhow?

Speaking of racists............unless my memory fails me, weren't you looking for places to live with large populations of asians? It would seem to me that fits the definition of racism that the majority of you seem to support. Why do you need to live with alot of asian people? I do not need to live with alot of white people. As a matter of fact, I don't. I live in one of the few successfully integrated communities in the Chicago area. Look up Oak Park, Il. I have black neighbors, I have asian neighbors and I have gay neighbors all within half a block of my house. I couldn't care less what their skin color or sexual orientation is, just as they couldn't care less about mine. That is because the one thing we all have in common is that we are all US citizens or in the US legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration