Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

VDARE.com: 11/06/09 - He Lies! Obamacare Does Cover Illegal Aliens. (And Legal Immigrants Too, Needless To Say)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 02:51 PM

706 posts, read 940,222 times
This should come as no surprise to anyone. I would have been surprised if their bill didn't cover illegal aliens. However, this is the House version of the bill and it will go through many changes (considering that the repubs have their own version) prior to ever being brought to vote in the senate.

That's when we will begin the onslaught of faxes,phone calls and e-mails to our elected "representitives" and let them know how we feel.......not to mention a few more teaparties....

However, the devil will still be in the details and I really don't trust the senate any more than the house.

Perhaps we should change the battle cry to

THEY LIE !

Old 11-08-2009, 02:57 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
And they were even on the news yesterday saying they would NOT be covered...So what's the truth?????

Old 11-08-2009, 03:03 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And they were even on the news yesterday saying they would NOT be covered...So what's the truth?????

We won't know the truth anytime soon, not one damn politician can tell the freaken truth. Don't the politicians know that illegal means illegal and they don't qualify for anything. Illegal means you're breaking the law and if i broke the law i would be sitting in a jail cell. They all make me sick and Obama needs to be impeached quick before he takes this country down the toilet bowl.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
When it comes to statements made by politicians, truth is always the first casualty.

judge them by what they do,never by what they say.

while I don't trust MSLSD for news coverage,even they see a battle ahead for the house bill in the senate.... Even though it is not mentioned, coverage for illegal aliens is sure to become an issue....thats our job !!!

Rough road ahead for health care in Senate - Health care reform- msnbc.com

"The glow from a health care triumph faded quickly for President Barack Obama on Sunday as Democrats realized the bill they fought so hard to pass in the House has nowhere to go in the Senate"

SNIP

Old 11-08-2009, 04:35 PM

The House Bill does indeed allow coverage for illegal aliens....but remember,it is only a bill, not a law. The House creates bills, but only the Senate can pass them and move them to poser in chief for his signature before they become law or get vetoed....so it is not yet a law. We have a lot more lies and political soundbites to endure before it will ever become law.

BL

Old 11-08-2009, 04:45 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
The House Bill does indeed allow coverage for illegal aliens....but remember,it is only a bill, not a law. The House creates bills, but only the Senate can pass them and move them to poser in chief for his signature before they become law or get vetoed....so it is not yet a law. We have a lot more lies and political soundbites to endure before it will ever become law.

BL

Maybe someone will become a hero and save the 45% of us real taxpayers this awful burden of paying for something most of us do not need or want.

The dems are doing the happy dance prematurely, but Obama is pulling strings with OUR stimulus money to those who were looking like they were against it.

Now as far as the illegals, Obama said it would NOT cover them, Pelosi said it would not cover them so they did lie and we need to not allow them to get away with it.

HELL NO TO COVERING CRIMINAL ILLEGALS WITH MY TAXPAYER MONEY.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Maybe someone will become a hero and save the 45% of us real taxpayers this awful burden of paying for something most of us do not need or want.

The dems are doing the happy dance prematurely, but Obama is pulling strings with OUR stimulus money to those who were looking like they were against it.

Now as far as the illegals, Obama said it would NOT cover them, Pelosi said it would not cover them so they did lie and we need to not allow them to get away with it.

HELL NO TO COVERING CRIMINAL ILLEGALS WITH MY TAXPAYER MONEY.
Don't look for in heroes in the house or senate....there aren't any. What happens to this bill now will depend a great deal on how people react. These politicians no more reresent their constituents than ( IMHO) Obamadinejad represents America....

But, He was elected....and all of his co-conspirators have been re-elected for years.

If history is any indicator, the majority of people will do nothing to counter what is happening....

We will see.....

Old 11-08-2009, 09:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Just another of the lies the President has spoken in the last 18 months.
Of coarse the illegals will have everything for free that you worked hard and paid taxes for. I don't believe a word that leaves his lips. He is nothing more than a slick talking salesman, that is going to tell you what you want to hear, and when you get your product, your expectations are shot to hell. The bait and switch artist, at its finest.

1) “…not because I believe in bigger government — I don’t — not because I’m not mindful of the massive debt we’ve inherited — I am.” Speech to congress, February 24, 2009
2) “And that is why I have ordered the closing of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay and will seek swift and certain justice for captured terrorists…” Speech to congress, February 24, 2009
3) “My administration has also begun to go line by line through the federal budget in order to eliminate wasteful and ineffective programs.” I wonder if the President knows he doesn’t have a line item veto.
4) “My immediate task is making sure that the second half of that money, $350 billion, is spent properly. That’s my first job.” Press conference February 9, 2009, talking about TARP money.
5) “It also contains an unprecedented level of transparency and accountability, so that every American will be able to go online and see where and how we’re spending every dime. What it does not contain, however, is a single pet project, not a single earmark, and it has been stripped of the projects members of both parties found most objectionable.” Press conference February 9, 2009 talking about his own economic bill.
6) “Second is recognition of the limits of the judicial role, an understanding that a judge’s job is to interpret, not make law, to approach decisions without any particular ideology or agenda, but rather a commitment to impartial justice…” I thought about putting this first because he was introducing Sotomayer who is on tape saying judges make policy, among other things.
7) “It’s not just enough to change the players. We’ve gotta change the game.” He has appointed over 150 recycled Clintionistas
8) “I opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. It should be repealed and I will vote for its repeal on the Senate floor. I will also oppose any proposal to amend the U.S. Constitution to ban gays and lesbians from marrying.” Either this is a lie or his later position where he opposes gay marriage, take your pick for number eight.
9) “I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community.” In reference to Rev. Wright 42 days before he disowned him.
10) “To those Americans whose support I have yet to earn: I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President, too.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration