Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Can you point to a single post on this forum in which somebody has advocated torturing and/or killing people?
I was wondering if I had blinked and missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 AM

163 posts, read 240,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Benicar

Would you like for illegals to run through a minefield to get the jobs that American companies hand to them? What would be the logic in that? If the government doesn't deter employers from hiring these people, they have failed, our companies have failed, this is definitely a human rights issue.

This is some weirdo stuff that people complain about, you know your companies and government lure these people in, take responsibility for this failure and not allow people to die.
Like many others before me, I too believe the companies hiring the illegals need to be severely punished but the corruptness of the companies does not excuse the illegal aliens from their responsibility to adhere to the laws of a sovereign nation.

The people who cross the border illegally are just as responsible for what happens as are the companies that "lure" them here. Let them take their share of responsibility for the failure and deal with the repercussions of their actions.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
I'm sick and tired of people who think I should be happy with less quality of life because of those who think they are entitled to something. That I should feel I owe someone something because they want it. I don't have much to begin with and will soon have less as my job is being outsourced to India. I will be unemployed...I wonder how many social services will be available for ME if I need them.

And I don't think I deserve something JUST because I was born here but also because I play by the rules and know I need to EARN what I get.
Unfortunately: till the pro illegal alien apologists get kicked in their collective (financial) balls; they are self centered and clueless at best.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:03 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardndapaint View Post
You have a twisted view of this issue. I'm sure you can picture the Mexican with drooping mustache and gold tooth just laughing at you. Evil, evil poor people!

Did you predict you would become the affluent one that hated those poorer than you?

I never predicted that all of us would be competing with peasants from Mexico and Guatemala for our tax dollars that's for sure.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:14 AM

749 posts, read 1,790,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
Like many others before me, I too believe the companies hiring the illegals need to be severely punished but the corruptness of the companies does not excuse the illegal aliens from their responsibility to adhere to the laws of a sovereign nation.

The people who cross the border illegally are just as responsible for what happens as are the companies that "lure" them here. Let them take their share of responsibility for the failure and deal with the repercussions of their actions.

I agree. No one is making them cross the border.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Illegals have to cross many canals if they are on foot. In the desert in many areas like El Centro there is a canal every quarter mile. They know they will be caught if they cross where it is safe(like a bridge) so if they put up another fence they will still attempt to cross at the same spots.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Jamaica must be REALLY xenophobic places. They don't dig CANALS to keep people out....they have a whole OCEAN. Anyone attempting to sneak in there would drown!

OK, all joking aside: As a long-time veteran of the public water field in California, I have some familiarity with concrete-lined canals; they're death traps. Almost impossible to escape once you're in, what with algae, etc. And the escape ladders are often far apart; even worse, the ladders are usually on alternate sides, slimy, and steep. If you're exhausted, it's unlikely you'll be able to use one anyway. I once personally rescued a dog from a canal. He was terrified, and near death. It wasn't easy.

Granted, canals kill. So do freeways, so do railroad tracks, and so do cliffs. So does heat, and so does thirst. But no one is FORCED into any of these situations; there is a way NOT to die in any of these ways. Dogs may have no common sense; people do.

I've had a long relationship with illegals; I knew MANY illegals, long ago, before they were 'news'. I've even been related to a few.

That was then; this is now. Illegal immigration was once a 'minor issue'. It no longer is.

If you want to stay safe, stay out of canals. Don't hop freight trains. Don't enter underground storm drains. Don't dart across freeways. I wish I had a more encouraging bit of advice, but I don't. Illegal immigration today is a nasty business, but blaming canals isn't the solution. Canals aren't designed for human beings. Avoid them.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:02 PM

18 posts, read 13,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Can you point to a single post on this forum in which somebody has advocated torturing and/or killing people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I was wondering if I had blinked and missed it.

I guess you do a lot of intentional blinking for your side. Lets see what the search button turns up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
All the more reason to close/lock our border with Mexico with 'shoot-to-kill' orders issued to LE.
Quote:
All the more reason to close/lock our southern border and issue 'shoot-to-kill' orders to our Border Patrol if an illegal trying to cross our border does not stop when ordered to do so.

Memo to illegal aliens: the word 'Stop' you had best learn............or else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Yes, in a perfect world! How I'd love to apply for that job; an automatic rifle and plenty of ammo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
I don't value criminals lives. If I was in the situation. I would be looking trying for a head shot...the last thing you want is for your tax dollars paying for medical care for another illegal. Like we say in Texas, " Shoot to Kill"
Quote:
As you stated.

What we need is a Berlin style wall complete with death strip, watchtowers and US Gov't personnel with 'shoot-to-kill' orders.
Quote:
The way things are going: it is fast becoming time to find out.

Needless to say: a double wall with a plowed strip between them would make for a 'shooting gallery'.........read that once an illegal cleared the inner fence then he may be home free--------unless picked up by regular LEO.
Quote:
If it means physically fortifying our southern border and issuing our BP 'shoot-to-kill' orders to shut off the flow of illegals-----------so be it.

We want those illegal alien criminals out of the USA.

Quote:
Fortify our southern border and issue 'shoot to kill' orders to our border patrol----------problem solved.

As for your race insinuation: Mexico treats illegal aliens from Guatemala like crap so do us all a favor and put your (expired) 'race card' away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The first thing I would do is to have another Operation Wet****!!! While that was going on I would call our troops back from Germany and Korea and send lots of them to the borders with shoot to kill orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callo View Post
Okay, imagine this scenario:

The US economy has collapsed, unemployment is 30%, and the government is falling apart. In desperation, the army seizes power, suspends the constitution, and dismisses the government. The new ruler declares as one of his first acts to fix the crisis, to make all illegal aliens enemies of the state. Futhermore, he retroactively strips citizenship from all descendants of illegals, and their children as well, and authorizes anyone to arrest and/or kill them should they be discovered.

If finally given the opportunity, would you yourself use force to finally drive the invaders and their spawn out of our land for good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I think force should already have been used.Sooner or later it will be if our government continues to NOT do its job and protect AMERICAN CITIZENS FIRST.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
To whom it may concern: we have the right to defend our borders against invasion------------up to and including using lethal force.

Concerning illegals already in the USA: provided they leave without fuss; they would not be hurt............if they forcibly resist------------all the bets are off.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardndapaint View Post
I guess you do a lot of intentional blinking for your side. Lets see what the search button turns up.
Perhaps you aren’t aware of the difference between defending our borders from foreign invaders, which in fact should include lethal force; and indiscriminate torture and murder.

BTW, what happens to foreigners caught illegally in Mexico? Oh, that’s right, they are now more lenient. Now, they don’t sanction rape, murder, and robbery of illegal foreigners. They are now more “humane” in hopes of having amnesty for their remittances, I mean, citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration