Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

A frequent complaint from pro-illegals is that anti-illegals only attack illegal aliens, while ignoring their employers. Likewise, anti-illegals accuse pros of supporting illegal immigration, which most vehemently deny. Given that both sides ostensibly oppose these greedy unscrupulous bast@%ds, why don’t we coalesce and attack them?

IMO, the ONLY way to effectively send a message, is to boycott known employers, and to pressure our elected representatives to end the futile wrist-slapping of companies found guilty of employing illegals.

I believe we can be more effective if we target a few major corporations at a time. However, others may feel differently. In any case, we MUST impact their bottom line to be considered a formidable threat. It is imperative to send a clear message that we will boycott their business until they cease their illegal employment practices.

It doesn’t matter if your opposition is motivated by the exploitation of illegals, or the displacement of citizens. If you are serious, you will get involved and make a difference.

Please, let’s not turn this into another pro/anti bickering-fest. If you don’t have serious suggestions, and are only here to inflame, please do us all a favor and ignore this thread.

I have linked to an organization devoted to fighting illegal employers.

WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Why would pro-illegals want to attack these employers? If they were put out of business, fined, or forced to hire legal help, their illegal employees would lose their jobs.

For that matter, why would these 'ruthless' businessmen want to see their employees given amnesty? If they received amnesty, they'd be entitled to the rights of a legal worker....and these employers can't AFFORD legal workers...(or so we're told). Worse yet, if given amnesty, these illegals would then be 'Americans'....and Americans won't DO these jobs, as we've all heard over and over. It just wouldn't work.

The chances of the 'pro-illegal' movement coming out against these employers, I'm afraid, is pretty remote. It may be worth a try; it may at least expose some hypocrisy. But honestly, pro-illegal groups 'attacking' those who employ them? Not likely, I'm afraid.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Why would pro-illegals want to attack these employers? If they were put out of business, fined, or forced to hire legal help, their illegal employees would lose their jobs.

For that matter, why would these 'ruthless' businessmen want to see their employees given amnesty? If they received amnesty, they'd be entitled to the rights of a legal worker....and these employers can't AFFORD legal workers...(or so we're told). Worse yet, if given amnesty, these illegals would then be 'Americans'....and Americans won't DO these jobs, as we've all heard over and over. It just wouldn't work.

The chances of the 'pro-illegal' movement coming out against these employers, I'm afraid, is pretty remote. It may be worth a try; it may at least expose some hypocrisy. But honestly, pro-illegal groups 'attacking' those who employ them? Not likely, I'm afraid.
Agreed: it is not nice for illegal aliens to bite the hand (unscrupulous employers) that feeds them.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:19 AM

Agreed. However, as we know, most regular pro-illegal posters on this forum claim they don’t actually “support” illegal immigration. They also accuse us of giving a free pass to the employers. Well, this is their opportunity to do more than talk.

Are there any pro-illegals willing to fight employers?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. However, as we know, most regular pro-illegal posters on this forum claim they don’t actually “support” illegal immigration. They also accuse us of giving a free pass to the employers. Well, this is their opportunity to do more than talk.

Are there any pro-illegals willing to fight employers?
+1 here.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have linked to an organization devoted to fighting illegal employers.

WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition
I have no problem with the cause, although I don't think we should be budging into confidential employee/employer information. This should be handled by enforcement of the Social Security Administration, the Department of Labor, the Department of Homeland Security, local police, etc.

Also, I must declare that I think that site is garbage. All of the claims on there are based on he said, she said, none of it can be substantiated. I looked at a few of the entries and literally the only proof the person had was that there were employees "speaking Spanish to each other." Oh, so I should automatically assume that the establishment knowingly hires illegal immigrants and I should stop buying goods and services from them? Give me a break.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I have no problem with the cause, although I don't think we should be budging into confidential employee/employer information. This should be handled by enforcement of the Social Security Administration, the Department of Labor, the Department of Homeland Security, local police, etc.

Also, I must declare that I think that site is garbage. All of the claims on there are based on he said, she said, none of it can be substantiated. I looked at a few of the entries and literally the only proof the person had was that there were employees "speaking Spanish to each other." Oh, so I should automatically assume that the establishment knowingly hires illegal immigrants and I should stop buying goods and services from them? Give me a break.
There are also employers who in fact were employing illegals. You can’t throw out the baby with the bath water. I guess your suggestion is that we should continue to allow the government to do nothing.

Quote:
Since 5/4/2006, McDonalds stores in Nevada have been listed on WeHireAliens.com (see report here). On July 16, 2008, ICE release a press release announcing the major bust ($1 Million and possible jail time) of the same franchise owner in Nevada!
Quote:
"I just wanted to let you know that we found out we were on this website and investigated what had been reported. I am a new owner of this business and was not aware of the hiring practices that had been going on. We took over this businesss in January of this year. In my finds I had found that we did have illegal aliens working at our restaurant. I let go 20 employees within one work day due to illigitimate papers. "
--Chad Head, Corky's BBQ, Brentwood, TN

Old 12-14-2009, 10:32 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
I would agree, except this is through FIRE. Sorry. Too hyper nationalistic, not moderate enough, doesn't propose any viable solutions for BOTH parties.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I would agree, except this is through FIRE. Sorry. Too hyper nationalistic, not moderate enough, doesn't propose any viable solutions for BOTH parties.
Then, what do YOU suggest? What difference does it make “who” compiles the list, if it enables us to identify and attack illegal employers? Do you have a more credible organization with an illegal employer database?

I anticipated this response. No one really wants to attack the employers. You just want illegals to be granted the right to legally work in this country.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
The problem is that too many pro illegal types also employ illegals. Sure just for yard clean up or week end projects but they like that cheap labor to much to end it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration