Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 08:35 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sure we’re paying for it. Moreover, countless hospitals nationwide have gone bankrupt due to illegal aliens. Yet, those who oppose are vilified.
i truly do not understand the meat of the argument on this forum? Those who opppose views of non allowance of criminal immigration have not proved one statistic where it proves to be a positive for this country?!!

I can only see the concern for the present and furture of this country to try and recapture what once was a healthy environment FOR ALL, if the laws are abided to prevent the sucking dry of resources we have built.

I just don't "get" the opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 08:38 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
i truly do not understand the meat of the argument on this forum? Those who opppose views of non allowance of criminal immigration have not proved one statistic where it proves to be a positive for this country?!!

I can only see the concern for the present and furture of this country to try and recapture what once was a healthy environment FOR ALL, if the laws are abided to prevent the sucking dry of resources we have built.

I just don't "get" the opposition.
They want to help everyone and sometimes I feel like they don't even know about what they are discussing. How many illegal immigration supporters actually know the effects of illegal immigration? Or have they even ever lived in an area that had a huge illegal immigrant population? A lot of them just want to defeat "the system" too, they feel good knowing that someone has taken advantage of what is available in the US. They are the "Stick It to the Man" crowd, but don't realize the ramifications for everyone that come from sticking it to the man. And that leads to the pro-illegal immigration groups that actually hate the US, but they are demanding immigration reform and amnesty. Why? So you can hate the US more, but get to live here? They are the ones at the rallies with the US flags that were simply handed to them by rally organizers.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:38 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
While the sentiment of "I don't want to wish ill on anyone" is laudable - these illegal freeloaders don't give a damn about the health and wellbeing of the legal citizens and residents of this country who are pushed out of the way to mak sure THEIR needs are met - so I'm not going to shed any tears for THEM.

They GET the care CONTINUALLY - while citizens & legal residents without adequate insurance live with watching their lives ruined financially by medical bills they have no hope of payin - but we have be sure we're compassionate and allow these criminals to suck up the resources.

The woman in the article went back to Mexico - her trip and another 3 MONTHS of treatments paid for by the hospital.

IF I as a legal resident don't have the funds and need it can I get the SAME? I very much doubt it.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
While the sentiment of "I don't want to wish ill on anyone" is laudable - these illegal freeloaders don't give a damn about the health and wellbeing of the legal citizens and residents of this country who are pushed out of the way to mak sure THEIR needs are met - so I'm not going to shed any tears for THEM.

They GET the care CONTINUALLY - while citizens & legal residents without adequate insurance live with watching their lives ruined financially by medical bills they have no hope of payin - but we have be sure we're compassionate and allow these criminals to suck up the resources.

The woman in the article went back to Mexico - her trip and another 3 MONTHS of treatments paid for by the hospital.

IF I as a legal resident don't have the funds and need it can I get the SAME? I very much doubt it.
No, you wouldn’t. A citizen either pays the bill, or their account is sent to collections. I personally know people who have had their wages garnished for failure to pay hospital bills; whereas, illegals can enter any ER in this country and will be treated with no expectation of ever paying.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
"How many illegal immigration supporters actually know the effects of illegal immigration? Or have they even ever lived in an area that had a huge illegal immigrant population?"

I was guilty of this until I came to Texas, then, my bubble was burst and my eyes opened. Nothing against "Texas", criminal immigration is rampant and I could not understand why no one spoke English in America. I spoke with a maid who is here illegally and she was pleased she got everything free.

When she told me how it was done, I became outraged.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
"How many illegal immigration supporters actually know the effects of illegal immigration? Or have they even ever lived in an area that had a huge illegal immigrant population?"

I was guilty of this until I came to Texas, then, my bubble was burst and my eyes opened. Nothing against "Texas", criminal immigration is rampant and I could not understand why no one spoke English in America. I spoke with a maid who is here illegally and she was pleased she got everything free.

When she told me how it was done, I became outraged.
Oh yes, they know all of the tricks of the trade. They feel no shame, because they feel entitled, and they have no respect for this country. They are only here to get what they can; to hell with us.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:37 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
They want to help everyone and sometimes I feel like they don't even know about what they are discussing. How many illegal immigration supporters actually know the effects of illegal immigration? Or have they even ever lived in an area that had a huge illegal immigrant population? A lot of them just want to defeat "the system" too, they feel good knowing that someone has taken advantage of what is available in the US. They are the "Stick It to the Man" crowd, but don't realize the ramifications for everyone that come from sticking it to the man. And that leads to the pro-illegal immigration groups that actually hate the US, but they are demanding immigration reform and amnesty. Why? So you can hate the US more, but get to live here? They are the ones at the rallies with the US flags that were simply handed to them by rally organizers.
A lot of this sense of entitlement and hostility towards the U.S. which is white-anglo dominant is a resentment over the past history between the U.S. and Mexico. Many of these la raza types both citizen and non-citizen are nursing old grudges passed on to them by their ancestors over so-called stolen land. This is what gives them their sense of entitlement to everything in this country.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
I have an idea. Send all those pro-illegal activists and groups down to Mexico to fight for them and their rights in their own country. If they truly believe that the Mexicans are being slighted then where better to protest and fight for rights than in the home country ?

Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
I think it is time for Mexico to join the millinium and get up to speed with their own health care system and their own social services systems and leave ours alone until we can untangle some things here. I am sure what drives the divide amongst the supporters and the non supporters is the rapant theft of our coffers, leaving the money pot almost empty for Americans when they need the help the most.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:24 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212david51 View Post
University Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV They spend $2 MILLION each month on 80 illegals who show up in the ER needing dialysis. The same 80 patients. President Obama has not told us how his "health care plan" will prevent them from continuing to do the same.
I know! I know!

He will simply legalize them all. Then they will no longer be illegal and that $2 million will be spent on "legal" immigrants.

See how easily that worked out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration