Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:36 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

CENTENNIAL — A man who authorities say caused an accident that killed two women and a 3-year-old boy in an ice cream shop in Aurora in 2008, is on trial this week in Arapahoe County District Court.

Francis Hernandez, who is in his 20s, faces 19 charges, including vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an accident involving death, and child abuse resulting in death.

Read more: Trial begins for man accused of killing two women and boy in ice cream shop - The Denver Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 10:24 PM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
According to this story the other driver was on meth *A toxicology report found that Guntharp had high levels of methamphetamine in her system.* I really don't see how his immigration status has anything to do with the car crash.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
According to this story the other driver was on meth *A toxicology report found that Guntharp had high levels of methamphetamine in her system.* I really don't see how his immigration status has anything to do with the car crash.
On Sept. 4, 2008, Hernandez ran a red light and was driving more than 70 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone on Havana Street when he hit a pickup that was making a turn into a hamburger joint at a strip mall, according to authorities.

He had been arrested 16 times previously, including for numerous traffic offenses, but was never deported.

This is a person who is here illegally, has no license to drive, and has been arrested 16 times, and you are trying to defend him?!?

Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
On Sept. 4, 2008, Hernandez ran a red light and was driving more than 70 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone on Havana Street when he hit a pickup that was making a turn into a hamburger joint at a strip mall, according to authorities.

He had been arrested 16 times previously, including for numerous traffic offenses, but was never deported.

This is a person who is here illegally, has no license to drive, and has been arrested 16 times, and you are trying to defend him?!?
Sometimes it takes tragedy to effect change. I just wonder how many will be needed to secure the borders and enforce our laws. I find illegal aliens as thieves and nothing above. They come in as thieves with a criminal mentality, I have no sympathy for any of them.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:49 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Sometimes it takes tragedy to effect change. I just wonder how many will be needed to secure the borders and enforce our laws. I find illegal aliens as thieves and nothing above. They come in as thieves with a criminal mentality, I have no sympathy for any of them.
If he is convited of a crime, do you want him Deported, or do you want him here doing time, costing tax payers money?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

No this man clearly does not need defending. What is wrong the system, that he had been arrested 16 times, has no license to drive, and no nothing done to him. Something wrong with this picture.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
the 16 prior arrests is baffling!!!
the fact that the other driver was also under the influence is inexcusable.
no one is a winner here.

poor innocent child that died because of irresponsible adults.

the blame should be evenly dealt.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:24 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If he is convited of a crime, do you want him Deported, or do you want him here doing time, costing tax payers money?
Personally, I want him doing time and a hell of a lot of it.

Deport him and he'll be back in a week.

As far as the other driver goes, he may have been high, but it is obvious from the article that the fact that he was turning into the hamburger place did not cause the accident. Driving hell bent for leather in a 40 mph zone caused the accident.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:26 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Personally, I want him doing time and a hell of a lot of it.

Deport him and he'll be back in a week.
Yeah but then our taxes have to pay for his grade-A medical healthcare in prison plus his food and housing. And if he is going to do time, so should the female meth addict who was also involved in the car crash.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:31 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Yeah but then our taxes have to pay for his grade-A medical healthcare in prison plus his food and housing. And if he is going to do time, so should the female meth addict who was also involved in the car crash.
This story has gotten a lot of press here in Wyoming. I live only a couple of hours from Denver. I would venture that I've seen/heard more about it than those of you who do not live in the area.

The female driver was not at fault as far as her driving was concerned. She merely made a turn. The idiot driving 70 in a 40 was at fault. Even if she had been completely sober, she could not have avoided him, he was going too fast. From where she was, it wasn't possible to determine his speed--as she was making a LEGAL turn.

As far as the taxpayers go, I'm sure that they'd rather pay his incarceration than lose more citizens to his careless, reckless, driving and his illegal presence in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration