Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 AM

640 posts, read 1,732,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, she didn’t make this an issue of race or ethnicity, the peddlers of illegal aliens did. She is merely dispelling the myth.
Yep. Pretty much. Every pro-illegal organization (as well as sympathizers on this board) will begin each statement with "Latinos believe..." and "Latinos want..." and "Latinos feel..". Their self-aggrandizement and arrogance to believe they can speak for people they've never met is amazing. In addition, they'll create straw man arguments that to stand against law breaking means to be "anti-Latino", or "racist", or as Arpayaso asserted, that I'm looking for some validation from "The Man". Love it! To be a proponent of illegal immigration when this country has 20% of unemployed people shows where your loyalties lie. Certainly not with the country that likely has given you everything and that members of my family have fought and died for.
Well, truthfully, I got plenty of validation knowing that many minorities have views similar to mine. The reality is far different than what amnesty proponents are trying to portray. I'm just making a point that many Latinos (and Asian and Black people) don't agree with their promotion of law breaking. It needed to be said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 11:25 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
A declining population isn't a bad thing considering job shortages, natural resources, crowded schools, jails and hospitals.

You forgot to mention this little tidbit from the article. The birthrate only fell from 14.1 in 2001 to 13.9 in the year 2002. So it is leveling off. Besides our birthrates are still nearlly double our deathrates today. Yes, we are still over populated considering our carrying capacity in this country.
actully I read from several sites; 2007 was a boom year, but most other years from 2001 have been below normal.
And I did cite my source. This was in response to the person that posted were over populated...

Old 02-27-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
Yep. Pretty much. Every pro-illegal organization (as well as sympathizers on this board) will begin each statement with "Latinos believe..." and "Latinos want..." and "Latinos feel..". Their self-aggrandizement and arrogance to believe they can speak for people they've never met is amazing. In addition, they'll create straw man arguments that to stand against law breaking means to be "anti-Latino", or "racist", or as Arpayaso asserted, that I'm looking for some validation from "The Man". Love it! To be a proponent of illegal immigration when this country has 20% of unemployed people shows where your loyalties lie. Certainly not with the country that likely has given you everything and that members of my family have fought and died for.
Well, truthfully, I got plenty of validation knowing that many minorities have views similar to mine. The reality is far different than what amnesty proponents are trying to portray. I'm just making a point that many Latinos (and Asian and Black people) don't agree with their promotion of law breaking. It needed to be said.
Sampling group according to Zobby...700 on line hispanics sampled.

So if 400 online hispanics agree with you on questions that were not all that clear in meaning....is 400 on line hispanics really a good sampling?

Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Sampling group according to Zobby...700 on line hispanics sampled.

So if 400 online hispanics agree with you on questions that were not all that clear in meaning....is 400 on line hispanics really a good sampling?
Regardless of poll results, there are many minorities who are staunch opponents of illegal immigration. Pro-illegals would have us believe that our opposition is simply that of a fringe group of “haters,” when nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Regardless of poll results, there are many minorities who are staunch opponents of illegal immigration. Pro-illegals would have us believe that our opposition is simply that of a fringe group of “haters,” when nothing could be further from the truth.

A poll was offered up. I questioned the poster interpretation of the poll, the poll's data.

There is not information in the poll to speak on "Haters" or Pro-Illegal fringe groups.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:59 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
A poll was offered up. I questioned the poster interpretation of the poll, the poll's data.

There is not information in the poll to speak on "Haters" or Pro-Illegal fringe groups.
Nor did I imply such. My comments were in reference to the incessant pro-illegal accusations of racism, haters, xenophobes, nativists, etc. toward opponents of illegal immigration.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:47 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
I think it's fair to say most people are against illegal immigration according to the polls I have reviewed. I thank the OP for dispelling the continuous claim of ethnical approval. As proved in other threads, the abuse of such claims should outrage Latinos as well as equating as illegals such as La Raza has done.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I think it's fair to say most people are against illegal immigration according to the polls I have reviewed. I thank the OP for dispelling the continuous claim of ethnical approval. As proved in other threads, the abuse of such claims should outrage Latinos as well as equating as illegals such as La Raza has done.
How did the OP do that?...the op neither disproved nor proved any point of continuous claim of ethnic aproval.

What the OP does claim is that she is against illegal immagration. I would go as far as to say...without data to back me, Most americans of all cutural backgrounds and races are not in favor of illegal immigration.

Now, the Zogby poll as well as others, pose questions to Americans...depending on who the pollster is working for, on ideas about immigration and dealing with undocumented aliens in country now. If the OP wanted to show that most Hispanics did not agree with some Hispanic Organinzations' viewpoints on immigration, then a poll is need to ask those folk their ideas on that subject.

No where in the Zogby poll did it ask about specific Hispanic organizations or their view points. So no credible assumptions can be made form that Zogby data.

Last edited by 1751texan; 02-28-2010 at 06:38 AM..

Old 02-28-2010, 02:39 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Nor did I imply such. My comments were in reference to the incessant pro-illegal accusations of racism, haters, xenophobes, nativists, etc. toward opponents of illegal immigration.
What I've noticed is that pro-illegals will deny any poll that confirms what it appears most Americans want. They will argue not only the poll but the data and methods, unless of course they can dig one up that seems to point in the direction they want it to point. It appears most Americans want more enforcement and removal of Illegal Aliens.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
What else would you expect from a poll commissioned by an anti-immigrant and anti Latino group?

Quote:
Coming from the same group whose leader, Mark Krikorian, recently argued that Judge Sotomayor should change her name to sound more “Anglo (http://americasvoiceonline.org/krikorianattacks - broken link),” and who has previously blamed immigrants for global warming (http://americasvoiceonline.org/page/content/blametheimmigrants/ - broken link)
Quote:
Here's a quick Public Service Announcement from FiveThirtyEight.com's Nate Silver, who has called CIS' polling firm, Zogby, the "Worst Pollster in the World":
CIS-Zogby Polling FAIL: Cooking the Books on Latino Support for Mass Deportation | America’s Voice (http://americasvoiceonline.org/blog/entry/cis_fail_polling_latinos/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration