Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 08:49 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times

Advertisements

The Brewton Standard > Opinion > Illegal immigration must be stopped (http://www.brewtonstandard.com/articles/2010/03/03/opinion/doc4b8e703d21184100891497.txt - broken link)

Ok, now Alabama is tired too...

Quote:
Those who defy the law, who refuse to follow that legal process, who come to our states and counties illegally must be dealt with accordingly and with the full force of the law. And if there is a role the state of Alabama can play in deterring illegal immigration, then we must embrace that role and implement those policies and laws needed.

That is why that I am supporting four bills that crack down on illegal immigrants, prevent those with state contracts from hiring illegals and revoke the business license of those who violate federal law by hiring illegal workers.
Quote:
It is time we get tough on those who continuously and knowingly violate the law and hire illegal immigrants.These measures are the right thing to do, and I will do all in my power to get these passed.
Mh-hm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Default Basic Constitutional knowledge is a Good Thing.

Finally, I support legislation that will mandate that any person arrested for DUI or a felony will be denied bail without proof of citizenship or proof they are in the country legally. This bill is just plain Alabama common sense. If Alabama has an illegal immigrant in jail, he should not be freed. Why on earth would you let them go free? If they can't prove that are in this country legally, then they should stay in jail until they are sent back home.

How does one prove Citizenship. If you were stoped by a Police officer, how would You prove to him, that you are a Citizen?

Some one needs to give this guy a copy of the Constitution. I guess thats why he's a state senator instead of a Supreme Court Judge.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Finally, I support legislation that will mandate that any person arrested for DUI or a felony will be denied bail without proof of citizenship or proof they are in the country legally. This bill is just plain Alabama common sense. If Alabama has an illegal immigrant in jail, he should not be freed. Why on earth would you let them go free? If they can't prove that are in this country legally, then they should stay in jail until they are sent back home.

How does one prove Citizenship. If you were stoped by a Police officer, how would You prove to him, that you are a Citizen?

Some one needs to give this guy a copy of the Constitution. I guess thats why he's a state senator instead of a Supreme Court Judge.
What we need is a tamper proof biometric I.D. card that indicates whether a person is a citizen or not. If one is here legally in this country but not a citizen they should have a different I.D. card that designates that. If you don't have either or then that would be proof right there that they are here illegally. One should be required to carry their I.D. card at all times much like we always carry our DL for I.D.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:44 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What we need is a tamper proof biometric I.D. card that indicates whether a person is a citizen or not. If one is here legally in this country but not a citizen they should have a different I.D. card that designates that. If you don't have either or then that would be proof right there that they are here illegally. One should be required to carry their I.D. card at all times much like we always carry our DL for I.D.
I am a BIG fan of this and have wondered why it hasn't been done. Especially after 9/11.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:24 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
OK we get our brand new cards...

but I think its not Alabamas true intention to detain non-citizens. Makes for a great bill, but I really dont think the Senator is serious. if he were serious, why would we go thru all that inconvience of taking a day off work, going to the newly fromed Citizenship Identification Office...go prove our citizenship, if the Alabama law only targets aliens that are arrested for a Felony or D U I?

So if an alien in involved in a fender-bender the Alabama DPS has to let the guy go-even though he doesnt has a licence, ID card, or insurance?

Why would Alabama not deport a guy walking down the street smoking dope with no National ID card?

Maybe because if they denied bail and held all these guy without papers, then the jails and the courts would start to fill up...and holding a person till Ice picks them up(when ICE picks them up)...will strart to cost the county money...to house and feed them till the see a Magistrate on the dope charge.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:55 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:

How difficult is it to carry a valid State Driver's license?Unless they're letting Illegal Aliens get one.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:

Why does he need a copy of the constitution? Is enforcing the law unconstitutional? If a police office pulls me over I show him my driver's license. That proves I'm a citizen or legal resident- done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration