Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:16 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nived1964 View Post
Correct.

The right words are "anchor baby", period. For the most part either they are pregnant when coming over and know that if born here can stay here, or they get pregnant as quickly as possible and know that they will be allowed to stay.
They are called "anchor baby" for the parents, unfortunately our laws make the baby a citizen, the laws need to be tougher to not allow this to happen.
That will not happen though, we have to many bleeding heart libs in office and they know that it will upset the base if they do anything other than open the check book and provide.
That may be the case Sir, but these children are still American Citizens...that is the facts.

but i see you're fond of labels.

Last edited by 1751texan; 03-21-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 03:33 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Chicagonut you are correct. In the piece I pulled below, it states that the Court has implicitly assumed that such children are entitled to birthright citizenship. The word to follow is "ASSUMED". The supreme court WILL not revisit the ruling, I don't think it will ever change.

The difference between "legal" and "illegal" immigrants was not clear at the time of the decision of Wong Kim Ark.[11] According to The Heritage Foundation, which maintains that Congress possesses the power to exclude children born in the United States to illegal immigrant parents from U.S. citizenship by legislation, neither in that decision nor any subsequent case has the Supreme Court explicitly ruled on whether such children are entitled to birthright citizenship via the amendment,[12] although that has generally been assumed to be the case.[13] In some cases, the Court has implicitly assumed, or suggested in dicta, that such children are entitled to birthright citizenship: these include INS v. Rios-Pineda, 471 U.S. 444 (1985)[14] and Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982).[15]
The Heritage Fondation vs. the US Supreme Court...

I think i'll go with the SC's interpretation. Anyday.

neither in that decision nor any subsequent case has the Supreme Court explicitly ruled on whether such children are entitled to birthright citizenship via the amendment.

Nor has the Court ruled whether such children are Denied to birthright citizenship via the amendment.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:34 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The Heritage Fondation vs. the US Supreme Court...

I think i'll go with the SC's intrpretation. Anyday.

neither in that decision nor any subsequent case has the Supreme Court explicitly ruled on whether such children are entitled to birthright citizenship via the amendment.

Nor has the Court ruled whether such children are Denied to birthright citizenship via the amendment.

You've made the case for a border wall and work place raids. If we can't stop the madness we need to stop the invasion.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
That may be the case Sir, but these children are still American Citizens...that is the facts.

but i see your fond of labels.
And that law needs to be changed to eliminate Anchor Baby status.

Jim Crow laws against Americans were declared unconstitutional; it is now time to do the same with birthright citizenship for kids born to illegal aliens.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 PM

42 posts, read 86,428 times
Yes I am fond of labels, because that is how most all the minorities in this country want you to see them, with labels (Mexican American, African American, etc), not as simply Americans, that is unless it benefits them to be Americans VS a minority.

A bleeding heart lib would not and could not help a "Cream/pale potato eating Irish American".

If we did not have labels, then we certainly could do away with racism, correct? And we all could be judged on our abilities, correct? But libs could stand that, they need to have the poor, the underprivileged to "lend a helping hand" to. That is of course only if your skin color is anything other than white. If your white you MUST be privileged, you must be smarter, your skin is WHITE.

So get your head out of the sand, there IS reverse discrimination everyday in the work force, I as a "cream/pale potato eating Irish American" see it. No one will come to my defense if I call out and say it. Oh shame on you Potato Eater, don't you know that the African/Mexican American needs a job more than you, even though you have 10 more years of experience, 4 more yrs of college and we could really use you, but you know we have this whole Quota thing, sorry nothing to see here, move on.
Judge a man by his ability, his willingness to work, NOT by the color of his skin.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Yes I am fond of labels, because that is how most all the minorities in this country want you to see them, with labels (Mexican American, African American, etc), not as simply Americans, that is unless it benefits them to be Americans VS a minority.

A bleeding heart lib would not and could not help a "Cream/pale potato eating Irish American".

If we did not have labels, then we certainly could do away with racism, correct? And we all could be judged on our abilities, correct? But libs could stand that, they need to have the poor, the underprivileged to "lend a helping hand" to. That is of course only if your skin color is anything other than white. If your white you MUST be privileged, you must be smarter, your skin is WHITE.

So get your head out of the sand, there IS reverse discrimination everyday in the work force, I as a "cream/pale potato eating Irish American" see it. No one will come to my defense if I call out and say it. Oh shame on you Potato Eater, don't you know that the African/Mexican American needs a job more than you, even though you have 10 more years of experience, 4 more yrs of college and we could really use you, but you know we have this whole Quota thing, sorry nothing to see here, move on.
Judge a man by his ability, his willingness to work, NOT by the color of his skin.
Two quick notes here:

Not so long ago: there was severe prejudice against the Irish--------worse even that against 'free people of color'

Also; some Hispanics are indeed lily White (little or no Black or Indian heritage) despite la raza'a strident denials here in the USA. Flip side; the standard of beauty in Latin America and Spain is white skin and blue eyes.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:41 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

We are forced to attend this thing at work called diversity training. I'm starting to wonder if I was hired for my skill set or that I'm American Indian.

I hope it's the former but this "training" gives me doubt.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We are forced to attend this thing at work called diversity training. I'm starting to wonder if I was hired for my skill set or that I'm American Indian.

I hope it's the former but this "training" gives me doubt.
1ATP: you brought up an excellent point there; such 'diversity' nonsense casts a shadow across the qualifications of any non Anglo male-------even in they are capable enough to succeed on their own merits.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:35 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two quick notes here:

Not so long ago: there was severe prejudice against the Irish--------worse even that against 'free people of color'

Also; some Hispanics are indeed lily White (little or no Black or Indian heritage) despite la raza'a strident denials here in the USA. Flip side; the standard of beauty in Latin America and Spain is white skin and blue eyes.
I'm "White Hispanic" according to the 2010 census.

1/2 Hispanic origin & 1/2 European.

My Hispanic side -- Spaniards and Puerto Ricans are all relatively fair with Vincente Fox type complexions. In fact, my Italian brother-in-law has darker skin. When my aunt visited from PR some years ago, she spoke of the discrimination in PR against those of deeper skin tones. Teachers, politicians, etc., all tended to be fair skinned.

The majority of 'people of questionable immigration status' we see tend to have indigenous features. One has to question: is part of the reason behind their flight oppression felt at home (lack of services, etc.) because they have indigenous features and are not fair? Is there some racism at play within these countries?

Old 03-21-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I'm "White Hispanic" according to the 2010 census.

1/2 Hispanic origin & 1/2 European.

My Hispanic side -- Spaniards and Puerto Ricans are all relatively fair with Vincente Fox type complexions. In fact, my Italian brother-in-law has darker skin. When my aunt visited from PR some years ago, she spoke of the discrimination in PR against those of deeper skin tones. Teachers, politicians, etc., all tended to be fair skinned.

The majority of 'people of questionable immigration status' we see tend to have indigenous features. One has to question: is part of the reason behind their flight oppression felt at home (lack of services, etc.) because they have indigenous features and are not fair? Is there some racism at play within these countries?
Quite possible. In fact; several 'brown' Mexicans ca. 1990 who visited Spain told me they picked up on the racism directed against them by the White Spaniards so the same may apply SoB from the criollos.

Too; I used to know a White Puerto Rican who had an obviously 'Anglo' looking White daughter; said daughter was extremely prejudiced against Mexicans much to the mom's sadness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration