Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Running away from the police is reasonable clause, you get no argument from me. Good example. Besides that, I see no other examples of reasonable clause regarding violating immigration laws. If you can think of I'm all ears.
Do they have a DL? Do they have registration for their auto? Do they have proof of insurance?

BTW, according to Who?Me you just misspelled the same word twice and if I didn't manage to read what you meant I wouldn't have understood you. The word was clause where you meant cause. I mention this only because Who?Me hit at a poster who didn't seem to post well enough for him/her. If a lib pulls something like that I feel that any lib that makes a similar error, even typo, it needs to be commented on.

Now, let me say that I will not hit at you again. As log as I can make it out I won't say anything and I surely could this time.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What I don't get is that if this law is so "bad", certainly one could point to the specifics of the law and make their case. None here are doing that, which leads me to believe they are talking our of their arse. Something that is all too common these days.
I just gave you some examples and you failed to respond. You obviously are not familiar with the law.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:38 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
16 pages of responses and I've only heard one example in which cops can use as probable cause for questioning someone's immigration status, running away or fleeing the police. Short of doing that, any search is unconstitional. If you can think of another example, I'll acknowledge it, just as I acknowledged the other example given.
Point out the law specifically, show its portion of violation and give an example of abuse. Otherwise, shut up.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:38 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
So does that mean we now have to carry passport, birth certificate or certificate of naturalization at all times just in case an officer asks for proof?

Or, does the fact that I am a middle class, middle aged, white caucasian mean that I am exempt from getting stopped?

Nb. I live in Arizona.

Yet some have no problem having government being heavy handed in demanding proof from citizens of having health insurance.

Is there a difference from a police officer and a IRS officer shaking you down?

I don't support this Arizona law, but just sayin'..............

Old 04-23-2010, 02:39 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
I just gave you some examples and you failed to respond. You obviously are not familiar with the law.
You didn't point out the specifics of the law. Shut up until you do.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:39 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Running away from the police is reasonable clause, you get no argument from me. Good example. Besides that, I see no other examples of reasonable clause regarding violating immigration laws. If you can think of I'm all ears.
I don't know enough about the behavior patterns of people here illegally to give another. People that work in that field may have some training on things to look for that might be reasonable, but I certainly don't know.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:40 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do they have a DL? Do they have registration for their auto? Do they have proof of insurance?

BTW, according to Who?Me you just misspelled the same word twice and if I didn't manage to read what you meant I wouldn't have understood you. The word was clause where you meant cause. I mention this only because Who?Me hit at a poster who didn't seem to post well enough for him/her. If a lib pulls something like that I feel that any lib that makes a similar error, even typo, it needs to be commented on.

Now, let me say that I will not hit at you again. As log as I can make it out I won't say anything and I surely could this time.
He MEANT probable claws!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Got a log in your eye?

http://bible.cc/matthew/7-5.htm

Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I don't know enough about the behavior patterns of people here illegally to give another. People that work in that field may have some training on things to look for that might be reasonable, but I certainly don't know.
Most police officers are not properly trained in illegal immigration laws. That is best left to customs and border patrol agents.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You didn't point out the specifics of the law. Shut up until you do.
First of all, calm down, no need to become hysterical and abusive. Secondly, I posted the specifics of the law and another member posted a link, what more do you want. If you don't bother reading it the first time I'm not going to repeat myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration