Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:17 PM

264 posts, read 457,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Well, I wondered what Obama would do next to push amnesty? I've just read where he is in the throws as we speak in making Puerto Rico formally a state, the 51'st, without the knowledge of Americans. He'll secure votes anyway that he can.

They may vote today!
It's unlikely that any referendum held on the Island would resulting in moving the Commonwealth toward statehood.

That said, I would love to see PR as the 51st State! The vast majority of Puerto Ricans living in the U.S. are probably some of the most outspoken opponents against illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 12:31 PM

313 posts, read 344,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
It's unlikely that any referendum held on the Island would resulting in moving the Commonwealth toward statehood.

That said, I would love to see PR as the 51st State! The vast majority of Puerto Ricans living in the U.S. are probably some of the most outspoken opponents against illegal immigration.
I think you're confusing Puerto Ricans with the White, Republican Cubans.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Ever since our governor signed HP 1070 this past Friday; I am getting the impression that the dominos (other states) are getting ready to fall in line at breakneck speed with similar legislation. Hell; even the Dems in DC; of all groups, want the border secured before discussing any sort of CIR.

IMHO California will be lone holdout among big states (at least here in the west) and it will hit the fan there--------big time. Yes; there are some illegal aliens threatening terrorism if they don't get there way but--------such insanity will explode in their collective faces.
Have you been deaf to the national opposition to this bill?
Arizona is being ridiculed, and only the most bloodthirsty, and blindest, and most easily manipulated of anti-Mexican immigrants have been backing it up.

Arizona sheriffs and police chiefs have spoken out against it, our President has spoken out against it, celebrity and famous journalists have spoken out against it, the country's top legal experts have spoken out against it, city officials across the countries have spoken out against it.

SB 1070 isn't going to make it. The pressure isn't going to die down, this law written by that racist Pearce and signed by that marionette Brewer is going to be D.O.A.

Of course the pro-reform people want the border secured before any reform is passed...you people usually brush it off as disingenuous! "Methinks" some people don't know recognize logic and rationale when they see it.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:35 PM

264 posts, read 457,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
I think you're confusing Puerto Ricans with the White, Republican Cubans.
No, I'm not.

In fact, I would go far as to say that the vast majority of Puerto Ricans I've known over the years hold an open dislike of Mexican/Central American Mestizos in general.

No offense, this is just my observation.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
No, I'm not.

In fact, I would go far as to say that the vast majority of Puerto Ricans I've known over the years hold an open dislike of Mexican/Central American Mestizos in general.

No offense, this is just my observation.
Nice, glad to see it's not always "just about illegals".
I've known lots of Puerto Ricans myself, but I guess I don't hang out with as much of a racist bunch as yourself.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
More US citizens have died, victims of crimes committed by illegals than died on 911. We went to war with 2 countries because of 911. By some estimates as many as 13 or more US citizens are killed each day by illegals. This does not count rapes, robberies, or ID theft.
Yes people are beginning to look very hard at the illegal problem. Justifiably so, what is amazing is how little main stream media reports these crimes.

I wonder how many more have died from using drugs smuggled in by Mexicans?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Arizona is being ridiculed, and only the most bloodthirsty, and blindest, and most easily manipulated of anti-Mexican immigrants have been backing it up.

Arizona sheriffs and police chiefs have spoken out against it, our President has spoken out against it, celebrity and famous journalists have spoken out against it, the country's top legal experts have spoken out against it, city officials across the countries have spoken out against it.

SB 1070 isn't going to make it. The pressure isn't going to die down, this law written by that racist Pearce and signed by that marionette Brewer is going to be D.O.A.

Of course the pro-reform people want the border secured before any reform is passed...you people usually brush it off as disingenuous! "Methinks" some people don't know recognize logic and rationale when they see it.
Anti-Mexican immigrants? I thought this was about illegal aliens?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

Arizona sheriffs and police chiefs have spoken out against it, our President has spoken out against it, celebrity and famous journalists have spoken
SB 1070 isn't going to make it. The pressure isn't going to die down, this out against it, the country's top legal experts have spoken out against it, city officials across the countries have spoken out against it.law written by that racist Pearce and signed by that marionette Brewer is going to be D.O.A.

Looks like you have it wrong.

Arizona’s new illegal immigration law finds favor in state and nationwide

Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Anti-Mexican immigrants? I thought this was about illegal aliens?
That's what they say, anyway.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 PM

130 posts, read 291,720 times
Default Have a nice day!

I am backing it up. And thanks for all the name calling. You need to get a hold of yourself. I don't find it necessary to argue my point, call any one names or predict the future. I am happy - so happy - I live in a democracy where the majority vote will determine the laws. And where if you don't like it you can get out

A survey was done at my teenagers high school in southern california yesterday. There, according to greatschools.com, over 90% of the students in the school are of hispanic decent. My two teens said in their classes, less than 3 or 4 teens were against the law. Their teachers reported the statistics were similar in all classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration