Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the current illegal aliens be disqualified for US Citizenship?
NO, they are already here let them get in line 7 21.21%
YES! Current illegal aliens should not be allowed to get in any US Citizenship line 26 78.79%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 05:17 AM

128 posts, read 403,421 times

Advertisements

The Democrats have come out with a new Comprehensive Immigration Framework. In this framework, the current illegal aliens are given an instant amnesty to stay in the USA and work in advance of filling out the forms to become a US Citizen. They are sent to the back of the line.

But what bugs me is that the ones that broke the law are allowed to get in line at all. To me they are given unfair advantage over the other billion human beings on Earth who would love to come to America but did not hire a smuggler and sneak in. These other people want to come to America the right way.

Do you believe that any of the current illegal aliens should be able to get in the line for US Citizenship at all? Or the fact that they came here illegally and lived in America as a law breaker should disqualify them from ever getting in the offical line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 06:09 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
The Democrats have come out with a new Comprehensive Immigration Framework. In this framework, the current illegal aliens are given an instant amnesty to stay in the USA and work in advance of filling out the forms to become a US Citizen. They are sent to the back of the line.

But what bugs me is that the ones that broke the law are allowed to get in line at all. To me they are given unfair advantage over the other billion human beings on Earth who would love to come to America but did not hire a smuggler and sneak in. These other people want to come to America the right way.

Do you believe that any of the current illegal aliens should be able to get in the line for US Citizenship at all? Or the fact that they came here illegally and lived in America as a law breaker should disqualify them from ever getting in the offical line?
I think it's clearly obvious why the Democrats have come out with this framework. It is all about votes for them. I think that the illegal aliens should go back to the end of the line. Isn't that what happens when you cut in line? Weren't we taught this as children? Giving them an immediate path to citizenship doesn't teach anyone that it's wrong, but only enables others to think it is OK as well.

Last edited by AZLiam; 05-01-2010 at 06:31 AM..

Old 05-01-2010, 06:25 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
This poll reflects one of the two major components of much-needed immigration law reform. I voted yes - they're here, let's put them on a path to citizenship.

The other major component is securing our borders and tightening our immigration process to reduce or eliminate the flow of illegal immigrants from all countries, not just Mexico.

To me, it's logical to do the second task first - stop, or at least severely limit, the flow into the country, and only then begin the citizenship process for those already here.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:36 AM

128 posts, read 403,421 times
I saw the Press Conference about the new comprehensive immigration framwork and they said that the border is already secure and as a result we can move directly to part where the current illegal aliens get in the line but while they are waiting they immediately be able to work her legally.

The question is should the current illegal aliens be able to get in the line at all? If you are a poor person from South America and went to the US Embassy and asked to get into line they would tell you there was no line and you have no chance to get a Visa to come to America unless you have family or unique work skills. There is no line for someone who is poor and uneducated living in Latin America. So the only way that they can get in a line is to come here illegally. To be considered break the law! CRAzy!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:59 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
I believe they should go back to the end of the line, in their own country. If they have been found to have committed a serious crime, they should be banned permanently.

This may seem extreme but I am still pretty ticked off at the mess these people have made of this country; socially, economically, politically and spiritually.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:26 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
This poll reflects one of the two major components of much-needed immigration law reform. I voted yes - they're here, let's put them on a path to citizenship.

The other major component is securing our borders and tightening our immigration process to reduce or eliminate the flow of illegal immigrants from all countries, not just Mexico.

To me, it's logical to do the second task first - stop, or at least severely limit, the flow into the country, and only then begin the citizenship process for those already here.
Than if you voted YES you actually voted NO..........go back and read the OP Title ............(thats called the hook) than go back and look at the question structure...........(thats the line)
Than look at the NO/YES in capital..................thats you being reeled in............lolol

Old 05-01-2010, 07:44 AM

That's why I didn't vote at all. I rarely do on these polls of late.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
They should be barred from applying for citizenship (or entry into this country) for at least ten years. Allowing them to get in line for citizenship is an insult to all who have respected this country and her citizenship process. Not only that, but it would reward criminal behavior and encourage further incursions into the U.S. by illegal aliens hoping to reap the same deal.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
How many times must we be duped into believing our government will honor its word? We were told in 1986 that mass amnesty would NEVER be granted again. It was our FINAL amnesty. Not only that, but we were guaranteed our laws would be enforced and our borders would be secured. All lies!

Amnesty was granted, and due to the appalling failure of our government to enforce our laws or secure our borders, we now have untold millions of foreigners living in this country illegally, fleecing taxpayers, and victimizing citizens. They have done nothing to earn legalization, and the proposed bill will only reward them for flagrantly violating our laws. It will also serve as a huge magnet for yet more illegal immigration.

I will not endorse any form of amnesty for our current illegal aliens. They have done nothing to earn legalization, and have shown utter disrespect for our laws and for the citizens of this country. They arrogantly laugh at our stupidity, and revel in their ability to avail themselves of our myriad government handouts. Fraud and deception have become ingrained, and they will not magically become law-abiding residents simply because they are no longer illegal.

For the umpteenth time, we don’t need Comprehensive Immigration Reform; we only need to have our laws enforced and our borders secured. This national scourge must end.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:08 AM

I agree with above except for one thing. The American people are not stupid, illegal aliens just think we are. We know exactly what's going on and hold little control over this and past administrations lackadaisical attitude and blatant disregard on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration