Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times

Advertisements

Has there ever been a country that has survived and prospered under a "open border" policy?....
I mean a country that doesnt require papers or I.D. to live and work in that country..

Hmm I dont think so....So why should America be a dumping ground.

Funny thing is...Most countries will not allow you to be a citizen without a education/joblined up or a skill they need.....Instead you pro-illegal lovers want Americans to except your B.S. non-sense of letting these "illegals get amnesty"...

More over, Think of the people who have come here "legally" and did everything they were suppose to.....just to get lumped in with the illegals.

You know the crazy part is...there really is nothing to talk about...Illegals is illegal.

End of story!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 09:43 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Has there ever been a country that has survived and prospered under a "open border" policy?....
I mean a country that doesnt require papers or I.D. to live and work in that country..

Funny thing is...Most countries will not allow you to be a citizen without a education/joblined up or a skill they need.....Instead you pro-illegal lovers want Americans to except your B.S. non-sense of letting these "illegals get amnesty"...

More over, Think of the people who ahve come here "legally" and did everything they were suppose to.....just to get lumped in with the illegals.

You know the crazy part is...there really is nothing to talk about...Illegals is illegal.

End of story!!!
Who is calling for a open border? where do you get these Ideas that America wants a open border? then how do you equate open border to a dumping ground...?

What is your point? open border or dumping grounds?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Who is calling for a open border? where do you get these Ideas that America wants a open border? then how do you equate open border to a dumping ground...?

Ok..umm you answered nothing.

Its quite simple.....If you give amnesty to illegals and dont seal off borders....umm then that equals "open borders"...no?

More B.S. double speak from pro-illegal lovers!

Old 05-02-2010, 09:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

Anyone who wants no fence, no border patrol at the border, and unlimited rights of illegals to do what they please once they make it over that border.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,077 times
Quote:

Ah, the pro illegal open border lobby, maybe? La Racist, SPLC, anti ACLU, the amnesty democratic party, etc. America doesn't want an open border. What we have is minimum border enforcement. Just enough border enforcement by the traitorous fed gov for the fed gov to be able to say that some enforcement is being done. For every unwanted uninvited illegal border jumper apprehended, 4, 5 or 6 were successful in breaking in? Those that were apprehended and returned to Mexico successfully broke in at a later date? This is a secure border? What we very carefully don't have by a traitorous fed gov is effective enforcement. Just why not can't we have armed NG patrolling the border? I guess that would be....too effective?

It's an open border dumping ground for the unwanted dregs of Mexican society.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

More over, Think of the people who have come here "legally" and did everything they were suppose to.....just to get lumped in with the illegals.

End of story!!!

And that is a very good question.

Why is the USA to be the only nation in the world with no immigration laws of any kind?

And no other nation in the world takes in as many LEGAL immigrants as does the USA. The USA has by far more legal immigrants than any other nation.

The open borders side isn't content with that -- they want no limits of any kind placed on immigration. That's why in spite of high unemployment rates they want a free-for-all coming over the border.

In spite of over 10% unemployment nationwide and over 25% in many cities, with Mexico's unemployment rate at 4.8%, the pro-illegals still want massive immigration.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:18 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Dittos

Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,719,353 times
I agree with your stance but the question needs to be reframed.

"A country that has survived?" well that is pretty subjective... I don't beleive we have survived what has already happened and what I mean by that is we are not the same nation we were. But America will still be here 100 years from now... albeit only in name

"prospered" ?? same problems!! based on who and where and how and what...

Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:

End of story!!!
And to run with your ball further: the USA needs to come down hard on immigration in general and illegal immigration in particular. Time to reverse Teddy Kennedy's debauchery of US immigration rules from 1965.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And that is a very good question.

Why is the USA to be the only nation in the world with no immigration laws of any kind?

And no other nation in the world takes in as many LEGAL immigrants as does the USA. The USA has by far more legal immigrants than any other nation.

The open borders side isn't content with that -- they want no limits of any kind placed on immigration. That's why in spite of high unemployment rates they want a free-for-all coming over the border.

In spite of over 10% unemployment nationwide and over 25% in many cities, with Mexico's unemployment rate at 4.8%, the pro-illegals still want massive immigration.
USA does have immigration law, to say w dont is incorrect.

the Open border and proillegal, must be the same crowd, but there are no credible numbers on either and which group wants "massive Immigration" .

those are ideas or assumptions at most with no real, credible statistics to back claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration