Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 PM

74 posts, read 78,813 times

Advertisements

I wish to address the people of Mexico on a very contraversial issue and that is immigration to our country, particularly by those who do not obey our immigration laws.

To those who wish to enter our country legally or illegally to seek jobs or a better of life you need to know one thing. Our country is going through one of the worst recessions in its history and those jobs you are seeking aren't there.

In fact those who have immigrated from your country to ours and found jobs have lost many of them, and had to seek unemployment benefits. On top of that they have to compete with the Americans who have been put out of work also.

I have written your President an e-mail about this problem but I have received no response.

I am aware of the plight of the Mexican people. You live and work under miserable conditions and your government does not seem willing to alleviate those condtions but you will not fare much better in America either.

Another fact to consider is you will be abused by the corporations that hire you, forcing you to work for substandard wages, take physical abuse and end up living in cramped and mediocre housing.

America right now is not the land that you think it is. Our country is overcrowded and is beginning to resent the influx of so many people from South of the Border. It truly is in your best interests to remain in your country and try to fight for your rights for better working and living conditons there.

Please heed my words. If there is a compassionate side of me dealing with this problem, I have just let you see that side. I harbor no ill will towards the people of Mexico who really wish to better themselves, but you won't find those opportunities in my country. I have written human rights groups and churches to work with you people about this matter and hope they will help you. I cannot emphasize strongly enough it is in your better interests not to come here looking for work and a better way of life. It simply doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post
I wish to address the people of Mexico on a very contraversial issue and that is immigration to our country, particularly by those who do not obey our immigration laws.

To those who wish to enter our country legally or illegally to seek jobs or a better of life you need to know one thing. Our country is going through one of the worst recessions in its history and those jobs you are seeking aren't there.

In fact those who have immigrated from your country to ours and found jobs have lost many of them, and had to seek unemployment benefits. On top of that they have to compete with the Americans who have been put out of work also.

I have written your President an e-mail about this problem but I have received no response.

I am aware of the plight of the Mexican people. You live and work under miserable conditions and your government does not seem willing to alleviate those condtions but you will not fare much better in America either.

Another fact to consider is you will be abused by the corporations that hire you, forcing you to work for substandard wages, take physical abuse and end up living in cramped and mediocre housing.

America right now is not the land that you think it is. Our country is overcrowded and is beginning to resent the influx of so many people from South of the Border. It truly is in your best interests to remain in your country and try to fight for your rights for better working and living conditons there.

Please heed my words. If there is a compassionate side of me dealing with this problem, I have just let you see that side. I harbor no ill will towards the people of Mexico who really wish to better themselves, but you won't find those opportunities in my country. I have written human rights groups and churches to work with you people about this matter and hope they will help you. I cannot emphasize strongly enough it is in your better interests not to come here looking for work and a better way of life. It simply doesn't exist.
I had a good laugh tonight reading this post...lmbo!

You will not find a Mexican on this board that wants to immigrate illegaly to the US. Most Mexicans that do so are people that cant afford internet, computers and most have, likely if at that, completed a sixth grade education. Even if they pay a few pesos at a "cyber cafe" they may not even know how to operate a computer.

Anyways, this thread belongs in the illegal immigration forum.

BTW, most Mexicans here, on this board, have at least visited the US. By the looks of your post, you have not been to Mexico.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:41 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,718 times
belongs in the Mexico Forum.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:01 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,718 times
MEXICO CITY, June 4 (Reuters) - Mexico expects to win back its leading place in world silver production in 2007 after losing out to Peru in the past two years, the head of Mexico's mining industry group said on Monday.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:55 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,804,582 times
OK, that was written three or four years ago. How'd it turn out?

edit: oops, they didn't get it in 2008. Peru = 118.3M oz / Mexico 104.2M oz
Second in 2007 and 2009 as well I see.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I had a good laugh tonight reading this post...lmbo!

You will not find a Mexican on this board that wants to immigrate illegaly to the US. Most Mexicans that do so are people that cant afford internet, computers and most have, likely if at that, completed a sixth grade education. Even if they pay a few pesos at a "cyber cafe" they may not even know how to operate a computer.

Anyways, this thread belongs in the illegal immigration forum.

BTW, most Mexicans here, on this board, have at least visited the US. By the looks of your post, you have not been to Mexico.
But -- they CAN afford $5000 to pay a criminal coyote.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,355,750 times

YouTube - The Mexican Hat Dance

Old 05-11-2010, 09:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
I would guess that most Mexicans living in and working for and loving their country of Mexico don't really care too much about their illegal paisanos whose only goal in life is to rake in US dollars and welfare benefits and believe they are bettering themselves over those who choose to remain in their own country.

It's like Elvira Arrellano back when she was getting her 15 minutes of fame, I asked one of my illegal neighbors if he cared about her cause and he thought she should be deported because he said she was only doing everything for herself.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,735,806 times
Just wanted to point out that if you want to reply to a thread, you should make sure first you will be on topic, not just generally ranting about whatever Think about it!
Yac.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:26 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But -- they CAN afford $5000 to pay a criminal coyote.
Most illegal immigrants dont pay their way here. They borrow from another who is already here in the states. They are expected to repay the money when they start working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration