Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM

364 posts, read 244,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
Perhaps Obama and company will be generous enough to allow each member of the National Guard to have one "Barney Fife bullet" . . .
mexcan copps are barney fife
usa copps aint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 06:33 PM

378 posts, read 424,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
Perhaps Obama and company will be generous enough to allow each member of the National Guard to have one "Barney Fife bullet" . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJackson1980 View Post
mexcan copps are barney fife
usa copps aint

Hello . . . 'twas a joke . . .

Ok, I shall explain . . . see, the Guard is essentially being treated just like Barney, who was not a powerful force against criminal elements . . . they are given NO power to fight back against the criminals, which really is extremely humiliating and so . . . as a joke, I suggested that perhaps the government will AT LEAST give them one bullet each because even ol' Barney was allowed ONE bullet . . .

Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
I'd still take 1200 troops over no troops at all. However, it is dangerous if cartels or drug smugglers see the guards and assume they are armed, and start gunfire at the border. These men and women need some form of protection against armed cartel!
They have it. its called an M-16 and a Flak Jacket.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
They have it. its called an M-16 and a Flak Jacket.
But what are the ROE's? Rules of engagment?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times
Watch and train. Obama thinks Americans are stupid too, unfortunately our World is watching and thinks this administration speaks for us.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:43 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,047,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What is in question is will those National Guard troops be allowed to make a difference or will they simply be on display?
Obama's rhetoric along with Pelosi and Dingy Harry seem to indicate a complete lack of concern for anyone but the illegals in this regard.
A standing applause for a Mexican leader who trashed one of our states also indicates that the house is not exactly in line for border enforcement.
Actions speak louder than words.
The actions of the house speak volumes.
I trully believe that the troops will make a difference. I believe that we will see that in the increased number of deportees. From what I read, some will be armed, not all. I dont know if this is a matter of not enough money in the budget. I think that its has taken way too long for Obama to order the troops there and it has created this sense or lack of credibility from us Americans. If there is one good thing that we all can thank Jan for is this-publicly calling for federal help that had for whatever reason been ignored.

Here is a video on the subject:

Stimulus Cash to Secure the Border? (http://news.yahoo.com/video/politics-15749652/20007803#video=20012551 - broken link)

Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,047,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's not just about the drug cartels. It is about those trying to enter our country illegally, period!
I completely agree. However, most of what we hear, the reason why people want to secure the border is because of the violence that is coming from the Mexican cartels.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I completely agree. However, most of what we hear, the reason why people want to secure the border is because of the violence that is coming from the Mexican cartels.
Well of course they are the most dangerous group but so are terrorists and they are slipping in right along with those looking for work. Bottom line is that we are a soveriegn nation with borders and should be stopping anyone who is coming here without papers.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,352 times
funny and sad, Mexico doesn't even want them back:

Nine state legislators from the Mexican state of Sonora traveled to Tucson to complain about Arizona's new employer crackdown on illegals from Mexico. It seems many Mexican illegals are now returning to their hometowns and the officials in the Sonora state government are ticked:

A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.
At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Well of course they are the most dangerous group but so are terrorists and they are slipping in right along with those looking for work. Bottom line is that we are a soveriegn nation with borders and should be stopping anyone who is coming here without papers.
you got that right, sure the drug issue is a big one, but anyone that thinks it is our only issue is dead wrong. As you said, no one should be allowed to cross our borders without proper paper work. We can not go into their country unless we have a passport, why should they be allowed to come here and then to stay? I wonder how many Americans are trying to sneak into Mexico?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration