Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Nearlly all Hispanics are of the same mindset. They want amnesty/legalization for these illegals because most of them are of like ethnicity. They buck at any attempt of enforcement of our immigration laws. Prove me wrong.
If that's the kind of argument anti-hispanics are going to use, then all non-Hispanics who are against comprehensive immigration reform are racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If that's the kind of argument anti-hispanics are going to use, then all non-Hispanics who are against comprehensive immigration reform are racist.
I am not anti-hispanic per se. I have nothing against hispanics who respect the rule of law and put this country above their ethnicity and are here legally. So get that straight! The problem is that far too many hispanics do not do that. How do you figure that all non-hispanics against CIR are racists?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What about the hispanics who oppose CIR - does that make then self-loathing racists? Things that make you go hmmmm......

Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Well I'd like to take Ms. Mendosa on a little
field trip say about 40 NW of Nogales, AZ.
for a follow up story

Old 06-03-2010, 04:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Well I'd like to take Ms. Mendosa on a little
field trip say about 40 NW of Nogales, AZ.
for a follow up story
Ms Mendoza apparently lives in Mexico City, safely tucked away from the area she is pretending to be an expert on. I would bet dollars to donuts she has never personally been within 50 miles of the border in her entire life.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
According to a link provided by a pro-illegal poster.
150,000 illegals in 2010 have been deported due to criminal behavior. That is in the first 6 months of this year.
Number of deportations have more than doubled in 10 years and continue to rise
Right around 1 million in the last 10 years..
What more need be said? 1 in 12 illegals commit crimes that get them jailed.
Now to be fair this is 1 in 12 get caught.....

Old 06-03-2010, 06:03 PM

706 posts, read 940,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Ms Mendoza apparently lives in Mexico City, safely tucked away from the area she is pretending to be an expert on. I would bet dollars to donuts she has never personally been within 50 miles of the border in her entire life.
I noticed that as well, but this really stuck out to me..........

"And an in-house Customs and Border Protection report shows that Border Patrol agents face far less danger than street cops in most U.S. cities."

Now I understand why the report is so favorable to Obamas position. Who is one of the head honchos for ICE ? Oh yeah, John Morton, the same guy who said he may not may not even respond to illegals arrested in Az, due to their new law...
No reason to be suspicious of this report......
Uless you see something like this article about people who actually live there...

"The violence has risen to such levels in Ciudad Juarez that everyone feels at risk in the city of 1.3 million, where innocent people have been increasingly caught in the crossfire. Hit men have gone to wrong addresses or shot indiscriminately into homes, mowing down not only the targeted people but anyone nearby.
Mothers have driven into daytime shootouts, bending over their children to protect them. Toddlers have been fatally pierced by bullets while playing on the swings at city playgrounds. Waitresses have been slain for having the misfortune of serving marked men........."

SNIP
http://m.gosanangelo.com/news/2010/m...amid-violence/

Last edited by borderlord; 06-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I noticed that as well, but this really stuck out to me..........

"And an in-house Customs and Border Protection report shows that Border Patrol agents face far less danger than street cops in most U.S. cities."

Now I understand why the report is so favorable to Obamas position. Who is one of the head honchos for ICE ? Oh yeah, John Morton, the same guy who said he may not may not even respond to illegals arrested in Az, due to their new law...
No reason to be suspicious of this report......
Uless you see something like this article about people who actually live there...

"The violence has risen to such levels in Ciudad Juarez that everyone feels at risk in the city of 1.3 million, where innocent people have been increasingly caught in the crossfire. Hit men have gone to wrong addresses or shot indiscriminately into homes, mowing down not only the targeted people but anyone nearby.
Mothers have driven into daytime shootouts, bending over their children to protect them. Toddlers have been fatally pierced by bullets while playing on the swings at city playgrounds. Waitresses have been slain for having the misfortune of serving marked men........."

SNIP
Fear grips Mexican border families amid violence » Go San Angelo Mobile
Who actually live where? Ciudad Juarez is NOT in Arizona.

El Paso. TX is right across the Rio Grande from Juarez and is (still) ranked as one of the safest cities in the U.S. as is noted in the OP's link.
Aside from some random incidents (and still much less than occur in Chicago, Detroit, etc.), the violence has not moved across the river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration