Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Almost 400 comments have been filed at this hour as readers argue about the virtue of the statute, complain about what they see as a liberal bias in the reporting of the story, praise or decry the state for passing the law, note that some employers knowingly hire illegals, and decry the demand illegal residents place on state resources.
dot.comments - Arizona, illegals and PR problems

America is awake and on the move...

tick tock...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I think Americans are saying that while immigration can be good, it must be fair and balanced and should not be only about lowering the wages of the American people and so should be regulated and lawful. The USA cannot be the only nation on earth with no immigration laws of any kind and like all other countries we have a right to have those laws enforced.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
The only people that support illegals, besides corporations and politicians, are the bleeding hearts, who very often, support illegals out of emotion rather than logic if they stop being so emotional about the issue, then we wouldn't have a problem with it in my opinion

Old 06-08-2010, 09:03 AM

851 posts, read 3,626,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The only people that support illegals, besides corporations and politicians, are the bleeding hearts, who very often, support illegals out of emotion rather than logic if they stop being so emotional about the issue, then we wouldn't have a problem with it in my opinion
The bleeding hearts to go to legal immigrants. hardly anybody knows the hard life a legal immigrant must go through to be come immigrant.

The $5000 proposed fine for illegals is like slap on the wrist. $50,000 would be more appropriate as that roughly how much a legal immigrantrant must spend not counting lost job/career opportunities.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
The bleeding hearts to go to legal immigrants. hardly anybody knows the hard life a legal immigrant must go through to be come immigrant.

The $5000 proposed fine for illegals is like slap on the wrist. $50,000 would be more appropriate as that roughly how much a legal immigrantrant must spend not counting lost job/career opportunities.
Think you are wrong on the $50,000. What's appropriate is booting these freeloaders out of our country, because you legalize them, then they are no loner cheap labor, and companies will import more cheap illegal labor, thereby continuing the cycle

Old 06-08-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Think you are wrong on the $50,000. What's appropriate is booting these freeloaders out of our country, because you legalize them, then they are no loner cheap labor, and companies will import more cheap illegal labor, thereby continuing the cycle
I am saying we should kick them out first. If they want to file immigration from their home countries, then we fine them $50,000 before we start the application process.

I wouldn't mind fining them $100K for the crime committed and then legalize them while they are in America.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I am saying we should kick them out first. If they want to file immigration from their home countries, then we fine them $50,000 before we start the application process.

I wouldn't mind fining them $100K for the crime committed and then legalize them while they are in America.
You do know that if someone from Europe committed such immigration fraud, they wouldn't be fined x amount of dollars, they'd be barred from entering the U.S. anywhere from 10 years to life? It's already in the law books.

And you're contradicting yourself when you say you want them kicked out but you wouldn't mind legalizing them if they paid $100k while in this country. That still does not address the issue of stopping the cycle of amnesty and importing more illegals

Old 06-08-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
You do know that if someone from Europe committed such immigration fraud, they wouldn't be fined x amount of dollars, they'd be barred from entering the U.S. anywhere from 10 years to life? It's already in the law books.

And you're contradicting yourself when you say you want them kicked out but you wouldn't mind legalizing them if they paid $100k while in this country. That still does not address the issue of stopping the cycle of amnesty and importing more illegals
I know I am contradicting myself, but this whole thing won't get resolved without any compromise. $100K per person is very high. If the illegals can put up $100K, then i am willing to compromise.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
I know I am contradicting myself, but this whole thing won't get resolved without any compromise. $100K per person is very high. If the illegals can put up $100K, then i am willing to compromise.
No compromise whatsoever!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No compromise whatsoever!
$100K per person times 12 million is a lot of money. We need to compromise somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration