Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 03:00 PM

8 posts, read 8,471 times

Advertisements

Ignore the strange format, I will have this typed in word and formatted properly but this is a rough draft I have on my smartphone. The job I'm applying for is an equipment operator/ laborer at a hazardoes waste facility. I know my profile section is bad, I need help fixing that, also need to make the while thing read more fluently, remove/ edit anything out of place or dosnt belong. I dont know if my volunteer work belongs or not, ect.. any advice you have to improve this resume is helpful. Also I am not sending this, I plan to apply in person so I can hopefully hand it directly to the manager .. should i still include a cover letter? Thanks a lot for reading.

Name
Address
City state zip
Phone
Email

Strong leader with professional attitude
Versatile skill set with experience operating several types of machinery
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Quick problem solver and strong learning abilities

Qualifications
OSHA forklift operator license
24 hour HAZWOPER training course
10 hour OSHA construction outreach training course
CPR and First aid Certification
Certanteed master shingle applicator certification
Valid Chauffeur license

Professional experience

Aaa construction company: April 2014-Present
Skilled laborer

Operating roofers buggy to transport materials onto roof tops and around job sites, and to dump loads of debries
Proficient use of hand and power tools including various saws, drills, grinders, nail guns, staple guns, and compressors
Constantly thinking, taking presice measurements, and adding/subtracting fractions and whole numbers quickly and accurately
Proven ability to complete physically demanding tasks in a fast paced environment and in inclement weather conditions
Expirence working safely around cranes and other heavy equipment
Experience working around asbestos and other safety hazards

Aaa moving & storage company: August 2013-April 2014
Forklift operator/ General laborer

Organizing, stacking, and unstacking storage vaults weighing up to 800 pounds
Stacking and loading cardboard and paper bales weighing up to 1000 pounds
Transporting materials between two storage levels and throughout three warehouses
Operating plastic granulator and cardboard baler
Inspecting, separating, and preparing items for shipping or delivery according to detailed inventories

Aaa landscaping company:June 2012-August 2013
Driver/Operator/Laborer

Promoted from laborer to operator
Operated Bobcat Skid-Steer loader to lift, dig, level, and carry materials
Operated mini track loader with bucket, fork, and auger attachments
Operated several zero turn riding mowers
Operated a variety of gas and electric power tools including chain saws, trimmers, blowers, and weed eaters
Safely loaded, secured, transported, and unloaded equipment and materials
Consistently completed tasks on strict schedules without supervision

Volunteer work
Leon's triathlon:2013 & 2014
Built scaffolds, set up booths, passed out pamphlets and drinks
Pop warner youth football league: 2012 & 2013
Assistant coach on youth football teams of over 30 kids ages 10-12
YMCA: 2012 & 2013
Instructor at youth basketball camp with over 30 kids ages 10-12

Education
Graduate of aaa High School: Class of 2012

Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
I'm not familiar with this field, but check your spelling on a few things. Experience is misspelled once. Debris and precise are misspelled.

I would eliminate the part about pamphlets and drinks as it's irrelevant to the position. Keep the scaffold building and booths. I suppose it's fine to keep the assistant coach and instructor stuff as it shows you can work with a variety of people.

Don't use "Class of 2012" State the month and year like this:

AAA High School June, 2012 ( With high school the assumption will be that you graduated) If you graduated from an Indiana high school you might include the diploma type if you received a "special" type of diploma. For example,

AAA High school, Core 40 with Technical Honors (or whatever) June, 2012. If you received a "general" diploma I wouldn't include it.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana