Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 9,413 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of moving to Plymouth for work. I'm org. from a major city in Tennessee, and have lived in Battle Creek, Michigan for the past 5 years. I have adapted to the small town life pretty well, and have come to enjoy the joys of running into the same people everywhere i go.
I guess im asking about the community, and the towns around it. What kind of things are the to do during the year? Any interesting festivals? Movies in th park? etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 03:40 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
I grew up about 20 minutes from Plymouth. It's a very nice community, county seat for Marshall County. Can be somewhat clannish, in terms of generations of families kind of run the place. It's growing though because it is a nice small place to raise your family and has easy access to both US 30 & US31. Easy access to Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, South Bend, even NW Indiana and Chicago. Plymouth High School sports runs the town and they used to have one of the best summer basketball leagues in the midwest. It has the Blueberry Festival, which is huge.

It's a nice place.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 PM

311 posts, read 915,674 times
Default Plymouth

Sarah,

Plymouth is smaller than Battle Creek. To get a similar type activities you would need to go to South Bend, which isnt too far from Plymouth, but still a drive. If you like small towns, Plymouth is good, they have a great Blueberry Festival in August, thats about the main claim to fame.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:41 PM

18 posts, read 33,768 times
Default Plymouth is pretty small....

I've worked in the South Bend/Mishawaka area and drove through Plymouth while exploring the area. Plymouth (based on my admittedly brief pass through which primarily featured a gas station fill-up while getting lost trying to find Nappanee .... I'm traumatized don't even ask) is basically a nice 'Mayberry' type small town kind of place which is located south (direction-wise) of South Bend IN. Didn't seem bad and everyone was very nice in a 50's TV show kind of way, (not tyring to be critical just descriptive.) If you're into that type of lifestyle go for it but depending on where you have to work at beware the long and deadly St. Joseph/Elkhart county winter commute of doom.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:09 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INdySIN View Post
I've worked in the South Bend/Mishawaka area and drove through Plymouth while exploring the area. Plymouth (based on my admittedly brief pass through which primarily featured a gas station fill-up while getting lost trying to find Nappanee .... I'm traumatized don't even ask) is basically a nice 'Mayberry' type small town kind of place which is located south (direction-wise) of South Bend IN. Didn't seem bad and everyone was very nice in a 50's TV show kind of way, (not tyring to be critical just descriptive.) If you're into that type of lifestyle go for it but depending on where you have to work at beware the long and deadly St. Joseph/Elkhart county winter commute of doom.
How does one get lost finding Nappanee????

Old 09-29-2008, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 9,413 times
Default Plymouth, Indiana- More info please....

Thanks for the responses! I am also wondering if anyone knows about the apartment situation in plymouth. I may have one, on e michigan street, but i was just curious if anyone had any suggestions, or a price range?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM

37 posts, read 118,330 times
I have no idea about apartment rentals there. But, my dad has lived in Plymouth all his life and does have houses that he rents out. If you are interested then you can direct message any questions.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,301 times
I moved to Plymouth from the Philadephia area and I love it here. I have been here 17 years now. The only draw-back in my opinion is there are no good hiking destinations less than 5 hours away. The city has a greenway project, which is a paved trail along the river, a nice place to walk of ride a bike. There are a lot of apartments in sub-divided larger houses, but there are a number of apartment complexes if you prefer them. Check out this website:Chamber of Commerce - Mayor's Office There are a number of festivals in the area from 4H fairs to lakefests, etc. You can watch fireworks at least 3 times each summer. The public schools are not as clickish as nearby Argus, which is notoriously clickish. There is a Catholic School and several other Christian Schools to provide educational options for children and the High School has night classes for adults on various subjects. The library and hospital are great for this size town and there is very little traffic. Come on down!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,301 times
So Sarah, Did you move to Plymouth? If so how do you like it? If not, where did you choose instead?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,488 times
I need help finding a house to rent near Plymouth,IN for a family of 4 with 1 dog. needs to be at least 3 bedrooms. Want to move in the next 2 or 3 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana