Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:32 AM
REM

368 posts, read 995,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Wake up the 1% ers are backing this 99% ers thing. Its all a distraction to try to make us like europe so that they can keep control. Its all a panic to keep obama in office. I never said all the protesters were paid, some will show up for any "party" others have agendas!! But if think this thing is pure you are nieve. This is all about distraction and power grab. Its a blame it on the rich to pull us americans apart. Have vs have nots.... The whole notion that you must get a degree to get anywhere and pile up debt with no work ethic and you are owed a job is pathetic. In this country hard work and honesty still pays off. I stopped going to school at college yr 3... Didnt want to spend anymore of my dads money ( he was a school teacher) and i was already working!! I now am 40, own my own biz and make 6 figures. Yes i have been out of work and at bottom before. I lost my home before and had to move to take care of my family. But no one will out work me and my ethics are pure... The problem is todays youth dont work. I had a paper route at 13... My kids will be working or volinteering at 13... All kids need that responsiblity at young age. That will give them a leg up... No one owes anyone anything. You go out and find a job, they are out there. If not you go find a need and fill it.
Idk about your generation but my generation will HAVE to get a college degree inorder to make something of themselves I wish I could be as enthusiastic as you when it comes to the American dream. But you have to realize that there are millions out here with thousands of dollars in loan debt with college degrees who still can't find a job. To blame all our probelms on lazy people with no work ethic is well a lazy excuse. And to say that this movement was made to only distract people and keep Obama in office is insane, all you people complane about is the poor and how all they do is take government handouts, yet you ignore the fact that we bailout big business all the time.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:36 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
Idk about your generation but my generation will HAVE to get a college degree inorder to make something of themselves I wish I could be as enthusiastic as you when it comes to the American dream. But you have to realize that there are millions out here with thousands of dollars in loan debt with college degrees who still can't find a job. To blame all our probelms on lazy people with no work ethic is well a lazy excuse. And to say that this movement was made to only distract people and keep Obama in office is insane, all you people complane about is the poor and how all they do is take government handouts, yet you ignore the fact that we bailout big business all the time.
Worst Government Bailout was for the banks. they used TAXPAYER money for executive pay raises.
BS!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:43 AM
REM

368 posts, read 995,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Worst Government Bailout was for the banks. they used TAXPAYER money for executive pay raises.
BS!
And what party do you think those banks vote for. Democrat???? Lolololol

Old 11-05-2011, 12:05 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
And what party do you think those banks vote for. Democrat???? Lolololol
2009 was the Stimulus partly for the banks. Obama was President.
2008 Bush was President but we had a Democratic Senate/House so your point is? And the bank bailouts back then was only 25B Obama's Stimulus had a bigger bailout for the banks.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:40 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:

Thank you for making my point. Getting a college degree and the debt that goes with it is not needed to get ahead these days unless you are trying to get a corporate job, be a doctor, or be a teacher. Your generation has fed into the line of crap that you can only get ahead by getting a degree. The result is lots of degree people with lots of debt out of work and upset. The people who get ahead because of this are the schools and teachers who rely on that money to get paid. The crock that you need a ba that started in the late 80's was a scam. Just like the ma being needed or dr. Now. The way to get a job is/was and always will be... To have knowledge about the job, have the or find the right connection to get a interview and want it more than anyone else.. Plus be at right place at right time is what gets you the job.

I say theres 4 types of jobs

1. Job that pays great and you love. This type you keep
2. Job that pays poor and you hate. This job you quit.

Most people fall into the last two types

3. Job that pays good but you hate
4. Job that pays bad but you love.

Those 2 types you have to decide if its worth it. Or when that job turns into one of the first 2 types.

You make your life what it is. It is no ones fault but yours. If you dont like what you are doing or who you are then change it! It takes time but it is very possible in this country to change.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:12 PM

912 posts, read 1,332,011 times
It would work for me if the whole movement died off .

Old 11-05-2011, 01:59 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,078,282 times
Quote:
Lol please tell me how in your simple little mind How you can actually connect the protest in Oakland to the riots in Greece. Two totally different events with two totally different reason and still some how blame Obama.
They are related, at least in part. The riots in Oakland may have nothing to do with the "peaceful" OWS individuals, but they do involve folks who want something taken by others and then doled out in a manner they agree with. Greece is the same thing. People upset about having to work two or five or whatever additional years. Costs for things that have been subsidized going up, and people having to pay. Again, it is all about "me, myself, and I" and robbing, I mean taxing, that person over there who has $$ to pay for it.

Quote:
...not to use joint partianship to solve our problems...
Joint "partianship?" Making it easier for people to unionize won't solve the problem, it would only make it worse. Making it easier to sue for various forms of discrimination won't solve the problem, it will make it worse. Taxing people at extremely high levels won't work, it will make things worse.

These are all the things that some Democrats want. Maybe not all of them, but some %. They don't seem to understand that private business is responsible for many, many jobs in this country, and making it harder and harder for someone to run a private business just means that person won't take on the investment, or they will just off-shore it to some country where wages might be lower, but issues such a discrimination lawsuits and the like almost never occur.

There are examples of ridiculous lawsuits and administrative complaints where companies have to dole out hundreds to thousands of dollars to make the thing go away. Just because someone settles doesn't mean the incident happened. Legal costs aren't cheap, and sometimes it makes sense to pay someone $3,000 instead of paying multiples of that to fight in court....especially if the business owners want to keep the issue out of the press.

People don't seem to grasp that in order for a business to open, someone usually takes on debt. There seems to be this thought process that every successful small to medium sized business owner had some trust fund where they just went and got their money and opened a business. I know small business owners, and I've heard a couple ridiculous stories, all thanks to government. It's getting to the point where I would seriously never consider opening up my own business. You take on 100% of the responsibility, but government and busy bodies (usually lawyers and political types) can end up making your life a living hell.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:31 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times
lol, you guys want to think this makes Indianapolis more like NYC, occupy movements are just seen as annoying the "major" cities, yet you guys want it just because its BIG city.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:36 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Exactly.
the Tear Gas being thrown at Rioters in Oakland CA is a good reminder of what is going on in Greece.
And Obama wants us to be like Europe/Greece.........

No thank youll i just have my laugh when the Eurozone Collaspes. First will be the Finances then the countries and then finally the Euro is no longer a currency.
How on Earth can you actually think a collapse of any economy wont send wild fires thruout the whole world.

I dont know about you but we dont need any more unstable foundations anymore.

Seems to me we have all been going thru this depression and the nation is trying to firmly say we are finally fed up with the bull crap thats been shaping our corporate and government for too long.

One thing that bothers me with the GOP
You want little intervention with the govie but then they are the first ones in line to take the tax incentive and rob the citizens of TIF money.
GOP is really showing a double standard

Then down in Indianapolis I remember it was the taxpayer on the hook for the nice stadium you have down there.
sure its nice but its still tied in with way to many tax payers.

Point being its government and business mixing together and the whole time the GOP wants less government doesnt add up.

Example there is an article in the South Bend Tribune about an Indiana plastics company who is leaving town.

If you dig thru that companies history they were tied to a grandstand article back in 2009 or 2007 of how they were going to create close to 200 jobs.

These jobs were tied in with government money.
That type of system fails like this often.

Take a look at the South Bend Tribune on line edition
Take a look at the Company going out of business and then google that company.
Even the Inside business with Gerry Dick had a write up from 2 years ago.
Supposedly a huge investment was to be made etc... all to end up in the news of today with close to 100 people being jobless!
How is this fair to the average joe? Its a crock of sh**.........

Old 11-05-2011, 02:40 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
I can tell you I dont want Obama back. Even thought the GOP doesnt have a freaking viable candidate.

Seems like we have another viable guy HC now he is all soaked in the sex scandal thing.

Then you have this nut job from Texas that wont even face his competition in the debates because the guy falls on his aspen every time he is challenged.

Face it were screwed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis