Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,014 times

Advertisements

Job relocation. I'm moving to Indianapolis from Baltimore, MD in 3 weeks. I've never been to Indianapolis nor do I know anyone there. I'm interested in living in a good neighborhood in the suburbs, but close to the city. I've been reading things about there being a racial divide depending on the part of town. I'm not interested in living in the ghetto or pricey areas. I was looking at apartment complexes. If you have any suggestions, please respond. Also, my job would be located out of the city; between Edinburgh and Columbus I believe, but I don't mind and hour commute from Indianapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,526,179 times
Greenwood and Beech Grove/Perry Township are the south side suburbs
Perry Township is part of Marion County which is Indianapolis due to Consolidated City-County government.
There should be some apartment options although idk the best ones to choose from.

Also i think theres other people on this forum that can help this fine person......................
Msamhunter im talking about you

Last edited by Broadrippleguy; 04-03-2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 08:20 AM

And Southside Shrek too...........

Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 PM

129 posts, read 166,920 times
Latitudes on county line and combs are nice and spacious. This location would be perfect for you.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:16 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,163,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
And Southside Shrek too...........
Me a help on the South Side? All I know about is Way-mon Street (Raymond Street). I met a guy down there who had REWARD pictures of his missing brother posted all over his van. He said his brother disappeared about two (2) years ago after walking to a neighborhood tavern and hasn't been seen or heard from since. That is the kind of thing that goes on around Way-Mon Street. People just vanish. I do not recall anyone vanishing like that when I lived on the South Side of Chicago. If someone was shot, that person would usually be found on the street.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 04-05-2012 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: add

Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Me a help on the South Side? All I know about is Way-mon Street (Raymond Street). I met a guy down there who had REWARD pictures of his missing brother posted all over his van. He said his brother disappeared about two (2) years ago after walking to a neighborhood tavern and hasn't been seen or heard from since. That is the kind of thing that goes on around Way-Mon Street. People just vanish. I do not recall anyone vanishing like that when I lived on the South Side of Chicago. If someone was shot, that person would usually be found on the street.
Im thinking Further South than that.
Not Center Township but more Perry Township.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,163,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Im thinking Further South than that.
Not Center Township but more Perry Township.
are you criticizing the Raymond Street area? Center Township is the beating heart of the city. People who live there don't seem to mind that area. It's considered HOME and it does have some neighborhood pubs and also a White Castle at Raymond and Shelby. One could even walk up to a Colts game at Lucas Oil although it would admittedly be a long hike.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 04-05-2012 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: add

Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,159,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth2213 View Post
Job relocation. I'm moving to Indianapolis from Baltimore, MD in 3 weeks. I've never been to Indianapolis nor do I know anyone there. I'm interested in living in a good neighborhood in the suburbs, but close to the city. I've been reading things about there being a racial divide depending on the part of town. I'm not interested in living in the ghetto or pricey areas. I was looking at apartment complexes. If you have any suggestions, please respond. Also, my job would be located out of the city; between Edinburgh and Columbus I believe, but I don't mind and hour commute from Indianapolis.
If your job is between Edinburgh or Columbus, choose Columbus or no further north than Franklin. Despite all the SS rants by our dear friend shrek, south side still safer than the north side by a pretty wide margin.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:24 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,666,886 times
Lakes of Windsor on Southport Rd (Lakes of Windsor - Welcome Home) and Latitudes on County Line Rd (Latitudes Apartments For Rent in Indianapolis / Greenwood, Indiana - Edward Rose & Sons) are both nice.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,159,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Lakes of Windsor on Southport Rd (Lakes of Windsor - Welcome Home) and Latitudes on County Line Rd (Latitudes Apartments For Rent in Indianapolis / Greenwood, Indiana - Edward Rose & Sons) are both nice.
Latitudes just has that isolation feel to it. They are nice and expensive but just south in JoCo is like one street with very few houses on it. North isn't all that expansive either until you get north of Stop 11. Fire station one block away though and it is a very safe area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis