Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 AM

23 posts, read 55,017 times

Advertisements

My family and I may be moving to the south side of Indianapolis in the near future and as a result I was hoping I could get some feedback on the Greenwood area as it appears to be the best fit.

We have spoken with friends who live in Indy and it sounds like parts of Greenwood are older homes and other parts are new construction but far from the interstate (I-65).

We would like to find an area in Greenwood that has newer homes (less then 10yrs old), is in a community that has some trees and nice character, and is family friendly. We would also like to be somewhat centrally located to SR-37 or I-65.

If anyone could offer opinions/advice about what subdivisions to check out it would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Old Town Greenwood, and the area around it, is really the only part of Greenwood with older homes. West of Greenwood closer to 37 is the unincorporated White River Township, home of Center Grove High School. It is full of new cookie cutter developments. The east parts of Greenwood close to 65 are following suit to a degree. Those are areas that to me, lack character, but if that is your thing you can find it out there. It is all pretty family friendly.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Old Town Greenwood, and the area around it, is really the only part of Greenwood with older homes. West of Greenwood closer to 37 is the unincorporated White River Township, home of Center Grove High School. It is full of new cookie cutter developments. The east parts of Greenwood close to 65 are following suit to a degree. Those are areas that to me, lack character, but if that is your thing you can find it out there. It is all pretty family friendly.
CG is south on Stones Crossing midway between 135 and SR 37. You run into some older homes with mature trees around Old SVR at Morgantown Rd but even then it's a mixture with cookie cutters. The nicer homes are far from the expressway and closer to 37 in which there's an abundance of them running through Tracy Road between 135 and SR 37 which would be right in your age bracket with maturing trees but it won't be cheap and you will be away from everything but it is a very lovely area. If you really want the best of both in Greenwood, you're between Madison and 65. There's a nieghborhood just south of Smith Valley with reasonable pricing, close to Valle Vista, walking distance to downtown and Craig Park and then you have the Valle Vista itself. There's a small area just south of County Line Road where you "might" find a house that fits your needs, but they for the most part are older ranch style homes and some bi-levels.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM

23 posts, read 55,017 times
Thanks to both of you for the information.

msamhunter - Any idea of the names of the subdivisions that you mentioned on the east side or for that matter the one by Tracy Rd and 135/37?

Anyone else have any insights??

Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjot View Post
Thanks to both of you for the information.

msamhunter - Any idea of the names of the subdivisions that you mentioned on the east side or for that matter the one by Tracy Rd and 135/37?

Anyone else have any insights??
know idea on subdivision names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis