Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:22 AM

11 posts, read 15,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
If you felt Toxic Toast actually wanted to know what the OP was eating in 1950, I want to sell you the Brooklyn bridge.
Both individuals used hyperbole, one was just more extreme than the other.
I will now add you to my ignore list.
Can you please add me to your ignore list too? I don't really ever comment on here, but it's pretty clear that you have no tolerance for opinions different than your own and my opinions differ from yours quite a bit. I don't want to worry about offending you if I happen to ever post again.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 10:48 AM

890 posts, read 883,065 times
Default Off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDelaware View Post
Can you please add me to your ignore list too? I don't really ever comment on here, but it's pretty clear that you have no tolerance for opinions different than your own and my opinions differ from yours quite a bit. I don't want to worry about offending you if I happen to ever post again.

Thanks
You too added nothing of value to the thread. I don't care what you want.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:29 AM

918 posts, read 1,697,504 times
Quote:
If you felt Toxic Toast actually wanted to know what the OP was eating in 1950, I want to sell you the Brooklyn bridge.
Both individuals used hyperbole, one was just more extreme than the other.
I will now add you to my ignore list.
Well, no. The question was not what the OP was eating in 1950, but whether or not they were living in Indiana in 1950.

Not many would usually throw a hissy fit over such a benign inquiry but hey - to each their own, I guess...

Old 05-29-2015, 11:50 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,911,521 times
Default Insulting/Personal Attack

Quote:
I said I would not respond again, but Dyadic you did not read the entire thread, or you did not comprehend it. I did not insult people who were alive in the 1950s. Stop hijacking threads if you have nothing to contribute.

For someone to remember what they were eating year round in 1950 would require them to be born around 1940, so that would be someone 75 years old or older. Not someone who is currently working and relocating.
To be more precise that time frame would place a person's age around 66 years or older so technically he or she could still be currently be employed. I don't have a reading comprehension problem and of course I read the entire thread. I also read where you made a post chastising someone for asking the OP a legitimate question. Asking if someone resided in Indianapolis in the 1950s in my humble opinion isn't an over the top question. On the other hand questioning someone's intelligence is clearly out of bounds.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:29 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDelaware View Post
Can you please add me to your ignore list too?
I would also like to be added to your ignore list.

That would be a feather in my cap.

Probably like the feather in Jonathan Jennings's cap that he had when you worked for him and were unable to get fresh strawberries year round.

Thanks, Graywhiskers!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
To be more precise that time frame would place a person's age around 66 years or older so technically he or she could still be currently be employed. I don't have a reading comprehension problem and of course I read the entire thread. I also read where you made a post chastising someone for asking the OP a legitimate question. Asking if someone resided in Indianapolis in the 1950s in my humble opinion isn't an over the top question. On the other hand questioning someone's intelligence is clearly out of bounds.
Toxic Toast did not ask if the OP lived in Indianapolis in the 1950s. He asked if 1950 was the time Indianapolis did not have fresh fruit year round.
Where did I chastise someone for asking the OP a legitimate question?

Old 06-01-2015, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I would also like to be added to your ignore list.

That would be a feather in my cap.

Probably like the feather in Jonathan Jennings's cap that he had when you worked for him and were unable to get fresh strawberries year round.

Thanks, Graywhiskers!
Knox,

Glad to see your feeble attempt at humor. A friendly piece of advice - don't seek work as a humorist. Or a writer in general.

At least you understand satire. Maybe you can explain it to some of the other posters here that see everything literally. Yes Dyadic and W&C, Toxic Toast and Knox use satire. If you understand satire, you will understand their posts.

Last edited by Graywhiskers; 06-01-2015 at 03:43 AM..

Old 06-01-2015, 06:16 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Can this thread be closed or deleted already? Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: