Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:42 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,851,796 times

Advertisements

Pole winner Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti robbed at gunpoint in Taco Bell drive-thru | Fox 59

Bad publicity for Indy. This story quickly made national news.

Hours after winning pole position Scott Dixon, his wife, and Dario Franchitti were robbed while waiting in line at the Taco Bell drive-thru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 02:04 PM

74,112 posts, read 1,835,507 times
I live near Indy and it isn't a safe city.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:15 PM

918 posts, read 1,696,663 times
Yeah, some areas near the track are best avoided.

If you're a driver who doesn't live here year round you may not know not to go there.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:13 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Pole winner Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti robbed at gunpoint in Taco Bell drive-thru | Fox 59

Bad publicity for Indy. This story quickly made national news.

Hours after winning pole position Scott Dixon, his wife, and Dario Franchitti were robbed while waiting in line at the Taco Bell drive-thru.
It made the news here in Austin. Is it true the racetrack is now located in a ghetto? That's what I'm hearing. Robbed at gunpoint. Must be terrifying. I hope they catch those vermin and put them away until they are at least 65 years old.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:20 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
It made the news here in Austin. Is it true the racetrack is now located in a ghetto? That's what I'm hearing. Robbed at gunpoint. Must be terrifying. I hope they catch those vermin and put them away until they are at least 65 years old.
The robbery occurred at 16th and Tibbs, which has been a tough area for quite some time.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:35 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The robbery occurred at 16th and Tibbs, which has been a tough area for quite some time.
It really surprised me. When I lived up there, over 40 years ago, none of the area around the Speedway was ever an area to avoid for fear of being a crime victim.

I dont remembrr ever hearing the Speedway was located in a high crime area of Indianapolis. If it was, the city managed to keep it quiet.

Nowadays it sounds like the city needs to remind tourists to be aware of their surroundings around the Speedway.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:32 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,265,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
It really surprised me. When I lived up there, over 40 years ago, none of the area around the Speedway was ever an area to avoid for fear of being a crime victim.

I dont remembrr ever hearing the Speedway was located in a high crime area of Indianapolis. If it was, the city managed to keep it quiet.

Nowadays it sounds like the city needs to remind tourists to be aware of their surroundings around the Speedway.
It can happen anywhere. Armed robberies have happened in Fishers, Carmel, and Zionsville, too, though usually that is someone robbing a store or restaurant or gas station. One of the first things I read in guidebooks about any big city is that you should always be aware of your surroundings. But it is sad that this probably wouldn't have been news, even here, had it happened to anyone else. That said, we all also know that just a few blocks can make a world of difference in the type of area and this is a few blocks from the Speedway.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:35 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
IMO the bigger story is that these people have the coin to eat anywhere they want and they're at Taco Bell? Even by fast-food standards that stuff is gross. At least go to Culver's or something.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:58 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
IMO the bigger story is that these people have the coin to eat anywhere they want and they're at Taco Bell? Even by fast-food standards that stuff is gross. At least go to Culver's or something.
It was 9:40 pm on a Sunday night after a full day of running their cars and qualifying for what amounts to their Super Bowl. Most nicer places would have been closed. Also, there isn't a Culver's near the track.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 05-23-2017 at 09:14 AM..

Old 05-23-2017, 09:47 AM

918 posts, read 1,696,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
LOL come on..sometimes the grossest stuff is the best there is..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis