Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 09:27 AM

169 posts, read 1,489,449 times

Advertisements

I am driving from Winston- Salem to Indianapolis on Friday for an interview at Marian University on Saturday. The weather shows 3-5 inches of snow on Saturday. I am not sure about road conditions in the city. Can someone please let me know if it will be safe to drive in the city and on interstate highways? I am planning to drive back home on Saturday afternoon.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 11:11 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Nobody really knows until it happens. And Saturday is still a long way out. This past Saturday we got 6-7 inches of snow. During the height of the storm part of I-70 east of the city was shut down due to a major accident. And they closed I-65 north near the Lafayette area due to several accidents and slide offs. I was out in the middle of it for work and had no problems as long as I took it slow and I wasn't on the highways, just surface streets. I can tell you at one point in this past weekend's storm, the snow let up for a bit and the area interstates were pretty clear until the snow picked up again. My parents drove from downtown to Fishers in the afternoon and said the roads really weren't too bad. But there honestly isn't any way to know how the roads will be until the storm hits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis