Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,346 times

Advertisements

We’re in Chicago watching our public schools, some of the highest in the state, turn into a dumpster fire through an equity-based curriculum (no homework, lower standards, children not bringing home
textbooks). We really wanted to go to Indy but after watching the DEI focus by the school board and lack of tolerating dissent, we’re ruling out Carmel. Any suburbs we should consider?

Last edited by Bscott1; 10-05-2021 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 09:02 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Indianapolis and Carmel have separate school systems.

You might consider charter schools: https://www.in.gov/icsb/families-and...r-school-faqs/

Old 10-06-2021, 06:10 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
I'm a bit curious how no homework and children not bringing home textbooks makes a school district a dumpster fire. I guess rule out Fishers as well. In the HSE school district, homework doesn't really begin until 3rd or 4th grade and any textbooks on just on the iPad. Yet my kids are more advanced than I was at their grade level in school doing homework (really, busywork) every night and stressing about getting it all done.

Old 10-06-2021, 09:38 AM

174 posts, read 243,464 times
Mt Vernon (Fortville) just east of Lawrence comes to mind as one that might fit your bill if private school, charter or other aren't. I'd also look at most of your southern suburbs like Whiteland, Franklin Community as others that haven't, to my knowledge, jumped on those issues you've mentioned. You could also look at Plainfield, Danville, Zionsville and Pendleton Heights. Not as sure on those, but pretty sure they would be same boat.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:58 PM

255 posts, read 414,182 times
I would consider Center Grove, Whiteland, Westfield, Zionsville.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:53 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
I would second Zionsville. If you find it's also been taken over by leftist zombies, please let me know.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:19 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I'm a bit curious how no homework and children not bringing home textbooks makes a school district a dumpster fire. I guess rule out Fishers as well. In the HSE school district, homework doesn't really begin until 3rd or 4th grade and any textbooks on just on the iPad. Yet my kids are more advanced than I was at their grade level in school doing homework (really, busywork) every night and stressing about getting it all done.
I mean the whole point of homework is to get you to study and learn and dare I say it, learn to deal with stress and learn about hard work.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I don't think I ever had homework until I was in junior high, except maybe to put together a diorama or some other nonsense. I made it through engineering school nonetheless.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:07 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
I don't think I ever had homework until I was in junior high, except maybe to put together a diorama or some other nonsense. I made it through engineering school nonetheless.
I find that hard to believe. What schools did you go to?

Old 10-06-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I find that hard to believe. What schools did you go to?
I grew up in Littleton and Jefferson County, Colorado. But I don't think many grade schools anywhere were assigning a bunch of homework in the 70s and 80s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis