Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:29 PM

4 posts, read 7,950 times

Advertisements

I am moving from South Bend to Plainfield. I need advice! I am going to work in Greencastle, Indiana. Nonetheless, I could not find any house or apartment that I like. I am single and I like to have a life separated from my job. My dilema is to choose between Saratoga Crossing Apartments and Park Metropoli, please help me, I red awful things about both, I visited Saratoga, the apartment is really nice but the staff is shameful. Please help me,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 02:46 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
If they both stink ... why should you have to choose between them???

Old 05-21-2007, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 7,950 times
Hi! Not, maybe I do not express myself correctly (I am not a native speaker). What I am asking is if you know how is the reputation of the two places. Both places are the closest to Greencastle, that is why I am looking for more information.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:33 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times
Marina
all I can say is that apartment complex living normally 'stinks' after you've been there for several months.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:38 PM

197 posts, read 1,065,587 times
I live in Greenwood and I'm from South America....I've had absolutely no problems...it's a great and very convenient located city. :-)

Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,963 times
Default me foreigner too

Hi, I am American[immigrant from India], and i have lived in Indiana for the past 10 years, and all of that on the south side of Indianapolis, Greenwood and now own a home in Franklin. I am happy here on the south side.

Now coming back to your question, how people re-act to foreigners ? You will never find a place in the USA where EVERYONE is friendly and receptive of foreigners. And it also depends on socia-economic class as well.

Anyways, like others have mentioned dont go too far out of the big city, I would not recomend martinsville or moorsville. The rule of thumb is, the farther you go away from the big city, the less friendly people are towards foreigners.

Lot of my friends are moving to Fishers & Carmel. Prices of homes are slightly cheaper on the south side though.

Arun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis