Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 12:37 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,568,408 times

Advertisements

I added Live TV to hulu, but I can't figure out how to access the channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 07:44 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
What device are you using to watch Hulu? I'm going to guess a Roku? Not totally sure, but I don't think this feature has been ported to the Roku yet. I know they did not support Roku when it was released in May.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
What device are you using to watch Hulu? I'm going to guess a Roku? Not totally sure, but I don't think this feature has been ported to the Roku yet. I know they did not support Roku when it was released in May.
You are correct. It doesn't work on my computer or my Roku. Just my Android phone.
I didn't read the fine print.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:43 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,312 times
We just added live tv to Hulu and we can only get it on our phones and tablets but not on our tv. We have smart tvs and we also have roku. It does say on Hulu's website that they will be adding it to tv's soon (?). We had sling then cancelled it. We are going to try Hulu Live for 30 days to see how we like it.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
We are going to try Hulu Live for 30 days to see how we like it.
Sling TV is $40 for both Blue and Orange so you get ESPN as well as entertainment channels. Then you have to pay an extra $5 for DVR service. You are limited to 3 simultaneous stream.

Hulu TV is $40 for a full range of stations (somewhat equivalent to Blue and Orange together for Sling) and that includes a DVR service for 50 hours. For an extra $4 you get the video library commercial free. But you are limited to 2 simultaneous stream.
Hulu also gives you more access to broadcast TV, so you don't need an antenna, or if you live in a place with no antenna service then it is important.

Hulu seems like the better package for the same money unless you need more than 2 streams. Then it is an additional $15.

But for right now the serious lack of options as to where you can watch Hulu makes it a no-go for me. I suppose you could purchase Android streaming devices for all your TVs.

Hulu is considered to be in beta testing at this stage, so you can't complain too much. I think the best solution is stick with Sling for a few months and see what Hulu looks like on more devices.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:01 PM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Anyone on Roku should check out Pluto TV. They just somehow added some local channels.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
Sling TV is $40 for both Blue and Orange so you get ESPN as well as entertainment channels. Then you have to pay an extra $5 for DVR service. You are limited to 3 simultaneous stream.

Hulu TV is $40 for a full range of stations (somewhat equivalent to Blue and Orange together for Sling) and that includes a DVR service for 50 hours. For an extra $4 you get the video library commercial free. But you are limited to 2 simultaneous stream.
Hulu also gives you more access to broadcast TV, so you don't need an antenna, or if you live in a place with no antenna service then it is important.

Hulu seems like the better package for the same money unless you need more than 2 streams. Then it is an additional $15.

But for right now the serious lack of options as to where you can watch Hulu makes it a no-go for me. I suppose you could purchase Android streaming devices for all your TVs.

Hulu is considered to be in beta testing at this stage, so you can't complain too much. I think the best solution is stick with Sling for a few months and see what Hulu looks like on more devices.
I agree with you on most points here. We just dont watch a lot of tv but there are some shows I dont mind watching occasionally. I have Roku on my tvs and I also have amazon prime and netflix. But Hulu TV lets hubby listen to it on his tablet (for now) while hes doing other things. Thats the only show he really watches most of the time. It would be better to see it on the tv or computer but Sling has let us down with streaming/buffering issues too. We are just testing the waters on different options and may go back to Sling if this doesnt work. Nice that we have that option.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:27 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Anyone on Roku should check out Pluto TV. They just somehow added some local channels.
I've got that on Roku. I haven't logged into it recently, so I'll have to check it out again.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:32 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
I'm interested in the live TV on Hulu once it's all been ported to Roku/Fire stick. (BTW, if you have a Chromecast, you might be able to cast it to your TV.) We use an OTA antenna, but I have tested out SlingTV in the past. I've found Sling to let me down when it came to Monday Night Football on ESPN. That was the biggest reason for me going with Sling. I cancelled after the three months. I did try out the Playstation Vue, and that looks promising, but again, at the time, I couldn't get local live TV during an NFL game.

For me, it really comes down to being able to watch my favorite NFL team, college football, and college basketball. It's so easy to get on demand with the TV shows we like to watch, so that's not an issue. For me, all comes down to watching my sports. We were paying over $120/month for DirecTV. Not doing that anymore.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm interested in the live TV on Hulu once it's all been ported to Roku/Fire stick. (BTW, if you have a Chromecast, you might be able to cast it to your TV.) We use an OTA antenna, but I have tested out SlingTV in the past. I've found Sling to let me down when it came to Monday Night Football on ESPN. That was the biggest reason for me going with Sling. I cancelled after the three months. I did try out the Playstation Vue, and that looks promising, but again, at the time, I couldn't get local live TV during an NFL game.

For me, it really comes down to being able to watch my favorite NFL team, college football, and college basketball. It's so easy to get on demand with the TV shows we like to watch, so that's not an issue. For me, all comes down to watching my sports. We were paying over $120/month for DirecTV. Not doing that anymore.
Since most games are on local stations, we got an OTA antenna and now can watch almost any game thats playing in our area, including ESPN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet