Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:28 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times

Advertisements

Most posts can be read in a few seconds, I'm certainly not spending 3 1/2 minutes watching that video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I bet if you interviewed 100 random looters in London you wouldn't find 10 who even know what you're talking about. Thats mostly chavs torching stuff because it is exciting and they can, with possible bonus of a new TV.
What is funny that you and Alex Jones are in total agreement on this. I never thought I would see that. I personally disagree with you both.

"When you have nothing else to lose, you lose it..."

That is what I feel is happening. Normal people who have been totally screwed by the economy have gone nuts. I realize that this was started by the murder of a civilian by the police, but that was just the catalyst IMO.

» Plundering Arsonists Looters Are Criminals Not Revolutionaries Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
Just like 2008! (wait, it is nothing like 2008) The sky is falling!

Buy gold from infomercials, vote Tea Party and stock up on canned goods!
Yea, since blind faith in gubmint has been working out so well.

Well, at least for the recipient class!

Why deal with real problems when AI is on???

Old 08-10-2011, 02:56 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Most posts can be read in a few seconds, I'm certainly not spending 3 1/2 minutes watching that video.
London is a major point in a country in the Western World. It's a good idea to know what's going on there, and to encourage our kids and adult kids to keep up with the global news to be totally informed, rather than arrogantly dismissing the thought of educating ourselves. It's not such a bad way to spend 3 minutes. Your view reflects the sad fact that America is isolationist in attitude, ironically...and also the naive idea that "it can't happen here."

Old 08-10-2011, 04:46 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,977,255 times
Hmmnn...BOA down 50% ytd, and Disney down 9%...American institutions...losing stock value in the market turmoil. Maybe that cd yielding 2.5% isn't so bad after all....

Old 08-10-2011, 06:35 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,673,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Down another 600+ points today. Its Sept 2008 all over again. Except this time there will be no bailout. Sometime soon a major US bank will fail, much like Lehman, and it will bring down the entire US economic system. Look for job losses in the 3-5 million range per month going into the fall. One economist is predicting 50% unemployment in 2012...that is higher than I have ever thought possible. That same economist is predicting a 90% fall in the Dow, which should take it down around the 1500 mark.

See this link.

The question is, when will US citizens take matters into their own hands? When half the country is out of work and starving and the government cannot pay unemployment benefits, the people will rise up and we will see the kind of violence and anarchy that epitomizes third world nations.

Things are bad, very bad. As I have said in the past, we are now at the beginning stages of a new dark ages. The end of (our world) is coming.
You make these same predictions like clockwork every 3 months or so and are are wrong every time. World will end next 6 months etc etc. I'm sure your hoping that eventually you'll be right after all your chances but your suppositions are so absurd, you'll never be right.
I don't know why you think anyone takes you seriously, or why they should.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:43 PM

106,703 posts, read 108,880,922 times
one day he will be right. poor but right!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,703,257 times
Even a blind squirl will find an acorn eventually. For some reason bchris finds glee with the world ending reports. I hope bchris personal life is more positive. It would get old only hearing negative,negative all the time.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:59 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
Just like 2008! (wait, it is nothing like 2008) The sky is falling!

Buy gold from infomercials, vote Tea Party and stock up on canned goods!
And duct tape...

If you believe that prediction, short the market. A bit of hedging might not hurt. Personally, I'm buying. If the market does hit 5000 and you don't see any more posts from me, it's because I can't afford an internet service.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:24 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Down another 600+ points today. Its Sept 2008 all over again. Except this time there will be no bailout. Sometime soon a major US bank will fail, much like Lehman, and it will bring down the entire US economic system. Look for job losses in the 3-5 million range per month going into the fall. One economist is predicting 50% unemployment in 2012...that is higher than I have ever thought possible. That same economist is predicting a 90% fall in the Dow, which should take it down around the 1500 mark.

See this link.

The question is, when will US citizens take matters into their own hands? When half the country is out of work and starving and the government cannot pay unemployment benefits, the people will rise up and we will see the kind of violence and anarchy that epitomizes third world nations.

Things are bad, very bad. As I have said in the past, we are now at the beginning stages of a new dark ages. The end of (our world) is coming.

How is oil doing? I think you predicted $150/barrel by July 4th Oh ... wait ... its down at $82/barrel Yep, you got that one wrong too.

But thanks for posting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing