Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 PM

651 posts, read 864,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Great post!

I've been investing awhile, but always looking to expand my knowledge on other strategies. Did you edit these charts yourself or did you pick them out of a website?

I did them myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 09:37 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,010,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicles View Post
I did them myself.
Did you learn about Toby Crabel's method from reading his book? Also, where do you like to view go charts?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,738,618 times
Quote:
Alright guys, here is some technical analysis. I took some professional trading classes. I trade using toby crable's range contraction methods which works well. This is what I am seeing in the chart. Aaple stock of course.

Chart 1 is showing Aaple broke its downtrend. This is significant and requires a deeper look into its chart more closely.

This is the second chart. You can see that bullish price action is occuring signaling a likely new uptrend but hasn't broke the 1st break out price to confirm a new uptrend.

you can see positive range contraction a few times in the chart which is bullish. Positive range contraction is when a stock moves up strongly in few days and pulls back within the big move in small little days, but the big move up is a larger move up than the small moves down. This is common when seeing a stock move up or down, just flip it upside down.

I see a bullish piercing and bullish engulfings in the chart signaling bullish moves ahead. This is why I purchased the stock.

~icicles
Holy cow...

Its bad enough we have stock pickers on the 'investing' forum, but now, lets see....why don't we double down and try to DAYTRADE that risky technology stock...? And lastly, lets throw in some really big phrases like 'bullish piercing' and 'positive range contraction' to make it look like this stuff actually works...

Are you guys effin kiddin me?

I can't wait for the day stock pickers and daytraders get their own forum far AWAY from investing to not corrupt newbie posters....

Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Holy cow...

Its bad enough we have stock pickers on the 'investing' forum, but now, lets see....why don't we double down and try to DAYTRADE that risky technology stock...? And lastly, lets throw in some really big phrases like 'bullish piercing' and 'positive range contraction' to make it look like this stuff actually works...

Are you guys effin kiddin me?

I can't wait for the day stock pickers and daytraders get their own forum far AWAY from investing to not corrupt newbie posters....
Was your ex a person that invested in individual stocks or traded using technical analysis? She must have really broke your heart because you feel the need to express your hate and ignorance when these things come up. Maybe, you lost doing these things and since you failed, you are on a mission to keep everyone else down. Selfish!

How about doing something constructive and actually answering the OP's question instead of whining like a little b_____

Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Did you learn about Toby Crabel's method from reading his book? Also, where do you like to view go charts?

Went to a seminar to learn about his trading techniques. Also about tradervics.

I only use it to buy stock.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Went to a seminar to learn about his trading techniques. Also about tradervics.

I only use it to buy stock.
Thanks, there only seems to be used books for sale and they range from $300 -$1200 !

Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Was your ex a person that invested in individual stocks or traded using technical analysis? She must have really broke your heart because you feel the need to express your hate and ignorance when these things come up. Maybe, you lost doing these things and since you failed, you are on a mission to keep everyone else down. Selfish!

How about doing something constructive and actually answering the OP's question instead of whining like a little b_____
Its about helping new posters who always are lurking on this site. That is about as constructive as one can get.

You and others do a grave disservice when you advocate daytrading and risky stock picking.....

All one has to do is look at your prediction history when you fell for the mania on this stock, and how badly the outcome of your predictions came out. I can copy that link for others to see show people who weren't around can see your predictive abilities...

Sorry you don't like the message and have no comeback for it, but again, the forum is for investing and I will warn any new lurker about the dangers of risky gambling activities that you and others promote.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Its about helping new posters who always are lurking on this site. That is about as constructive as one can get.

You and others do a grave disservice when you advocate daytrading and risky stock picking.....

All one has to do is look at your prediction history when you fell for the mania on this stock, and how badly the outcome of your predictions came out. I can copy that link for others to see show people who weren't around can see your predictive abilities...

Sorry you don't like the message and have no comeback for it, but again, the forum is for investing and I will warn any new lurker about the dangers of risky gambling activities that you and others promote.
@Coupon: Sorry bud, just because you are a failure when it comes to managing your own investments doesn't mean everyone else will be too.

@This is for other members to read from this point on because I doubt you have the ability or willingness to have a constructive conservation or willingness to learn something new.

When you invest in individual stocks you need to do your homework and if warranted, upgrade or downgrade your stock. You should never buy something and ignore major news or changes within the company. You should never get emotionally attached to a stock either. As soon as it becomes a dud, get rid of it. AAPL is a great example.

I've been buying it when it was below $200 and bears said, ohhhh it's not even worth $50, the next couple quarters came out and I upgraded it to $300, the same argument from the bears occurred... this continued all the way until it was $700. I then thought the iPhone 5, the growth in China and an iTV announcement would be enough to continue its momentum. I even said, this will depend on their Q1 2013 earnings report, but I felt confident enough to load up on shares before earnings and they missed. They still showed growth, but not on the same level as before. There was also no announcement of an iTV or other revolutionary product. I soon after sold my shares, but hell it had a great run and made me a ton of money. Who is to say in 1 year, 3 years or 10 years from now AAPL won't hit $1,000. However, I don't see any reason why it would, at least not now, not anymore. I constantly reexamine every stock I own and act accordingly. You will never be correct 100% of the time, but if you have half a brain, are willing to put in say 10 hours per week doing your homework and able to get your emotions out of it, than I would highly recommend investing in individual stocks rather than trusting some stranger with your money. You can be a sheep in a herd or you can be the farmer. For those who don't have the time and don't want to do research than funds etc are a perfectly fine way to utilize your cash.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
@Coupon: Sorry bud, just because you are a failure when it comes to managing your own investments doesn't mean everyone else will be too.

@This is for other members to read from this point on because I doubt you have the ability or willingness to have a constructive conservation or willingness to learn something new.

When you invest in individual stocks you need to do your homework and if warranted, upgrade or downgrade your stock. You should never buy something and ignore major news or changes within the company. You should never get emotionally attached to a stock either. As soon as it becomes a dud, get rid of it. AAPL is a great example.

I've been buying it when it was below $200 and bears said, ohhhh it's not even worth $50, the next couple quarters came out and I upgraded it to $300, the same argument from the bears occurred... this continued all the way until it was $700. I then thought the iPhone 5, the growth in China and an iTV announcement would be enough to continue its momentum. I even said, this will depend on their Q1 2013 earnings report, but I felt confident enough to load up on shares before earnings and they missed. They still showed growth, but not on the same level as before. There was also no announcement of an iTV or other revolutionary product. I soon after sold my shares, but hell it had a great run and made me a ton of money. Who is to say in 1 year, 3 years or 10 years from now AAPL won't hit $1,000. However, I don't see any reason why it would, at least not now, not anymore. I constantly reexamine every stock I own and act accordingly. You will never be correct 100% of the time, but if you have half a brain, are willing to put in say 10 hours per week doing your homework and able to get your emotions out of it, than I would highly recommend investing in individual stocks rather than trusting some stranger with your money. You can be a sheep in a herd or you can be the farmer. For those who don't have the time and don't want to do research than funds etc are a perfectly fine way to utilize your cash.
If you consider outperforming a majority of investors using low cost tax efficient Vanguard funds "a failure" and being "a sheep in a herd", then you really don't understand what investing is all about. But, if you want to continue to roll the dice and put ego over using your head by advocating risky stock picking and daytrading, then keep doing what you are doing....

You can make all the excuses you want till the cows come home for your terrible predictions on Apple (predicting that it will hit $1000/share), but unfortunately that will happen to most people who stock pick individual stocks or think they have some kind of predictive abilities...

Your post from 8/20/2012 --> I've been saying it most of this year AAPL will hit $1000 around April 2013. My April call options have been exploding the past few days.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/inves...t-1k-soon.html

You and many others like Samnyc, ChiGuy2.5, hammelr, irishbob, on that Apple thread from 2012 were dead wrong and bought into the mania and gave ZERO warning to new posters about following advice from people who are guessing like you are....that's my goal, to warn new posters on here on how lousy you and others predictive abilities are...

Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 PM

Aaple needs to take out the $460ish mark, hopefully breaks through it on a big up day with some volume. this will start the new uptrend.

tradervic 1-2-3 bottom is what I am looking for.

If anyone is interested. this is what I am looking for.

http://www.dacharts.com/123.htm

I am posting this for those who want to learn.

Last edited by icicles; 07-31-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing