Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:34 PM

30,901 posts, read 36,980,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It aounds like a 3rd grader in bible camp wrote this garbage. The sooner the world removes religion from society, the sooner we will experience more peace and innovation.
From one ridiculous extremist to the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 07:35 PM

335 posts, read 410,134 times
Ahhh eccotecc ya got your "lucky one" you don't need head shots they
will be hungery just slow them down!

Old 09-06-2014, 07:35 PM

I'm worried about the state of the world for lots of reasons, but if a new Dark Age arrives, there really won't be anything I can do about it. If it gets that bad, the money system will crash...so it won't matter what I do or don't invest in.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
Nothing wrong with religion per se. Some of the most ethical, moral, hardworking, principled, and genuine people I know are 'religious'. But I agree that the problem is with the extreme judgmental zealots who condemn others who don't follow their way or abuse religion to control others.
Agreed on all points. I would only add there are also atheist zealots as well (not all atheists, but some on this board who shall remain nameless) who are just as controlling and judgemental.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:46 PM

460 posts, read 779,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It aounds like a 3rd grader in bible camp wrote this garbage. The sooner the world removes religion from society, the sooner we will experience more peace and innovation.
I couldn't agree more.

Is the John Birch Society holding its annual pledge drive maybe?

Last edited by MPRetired; 09-06-2014 at 07:55 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 12:49 PM

Well I confess to being a "should be untitled christian/ messanic", but not religious
(wow) ! Anyway, my goal isn't to show off , covert athiest or (sick of those religious
sickos) folks. I attempted to give emergent cause for all investors to examine both
secular warnings and how many christians ( not all of them either) who are following
the same projections, but via different paths. Seculars follow history, trends/charts, trading financial publications, guru's,TV etc. We do all of that, but spice it up with the
harbingers, blood moons, and prophecy believing they have substance. All smart
investors can potentially protect their investments by combining anything especially
when they parallel even if off the mark or dozens of related warnings of impending
crash that might be full of baloney. If you want to add a trend follow the "7" starting
with 9/11 then exactly 7 years later the financial crisis of 2008 and oops there it is
2015 hmmm. Blend Mad Money (love Jim!) ,Trumps recent doomsday rant, Forbes,
Kiplinger Report, magic calculator,Money mag. Then check out The Death of Money"
Be prepared for as the late great Larry Burkett put it the coming economic earthquake.
Larry was projecting doom and gloom at 8 trillion ...,halarious!

Last edited by Inattentive; 09-07-2014 at 01:32 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 01:15 PM

5,481 posts, read 6,314,772 times
This thread made my brain hurt. I can't believe it has gotten so many responses.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:43 PM

Society is full of great workers who have 401k's, but are totally cluess, uninterested and
lacking basic overviews from portfollio managers or public relations within companies.
Employees throughout America have lost billions in potential earnings due to a clueless
elections of under performing stocks albeit too conservative. I would not recommend
cashing out of 401k's in spite of unknown projected loses in 2014-2016, if you intend
working . If retiring seek professional advice on a rollover such as Fidelity, Raymond
James, but beware of fees per share and know the history of the IRA (including Roth).
Most of us have to ride out crashes ( few options).

Old 09-08-2014, 02:20 PM

574 posts, read 697,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Agreed on all points. I would only add there are also atheist zealots as well (not all atheists, but some on this board who shall remain nameless) who are just as controlling and judgemental.
Really good perspective! I see issues with both religious and atheistic zealots.

Back to the topic of this thread - I think my generation (the Millennials) will be dealing with the effects of the boomers' policies for our entire lives. I'm not going to say the situation is totally unsalvageable, but I would be very impressed if we don't go through a severe economic crisis (that will make the "great Recession" look like nothing) before we manage to fix everything.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:09 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentGrad1 View Post
Really good perspective! I see issues with both religious and atheistic zealots.

Back to the topic of this thread - I think my generation (the Millennials) will be dealing with the effects of the boomers' policies for our entire lives. I'm not going to say the situation is totally unsalvageable, but I would be very impressed if we don't go through a severe economic crisis (that will make the "great Recession" look like nothing) before we manage to fix everything.
Remember the oldest Boomers are only 70 and perhaps not the ones responsible for ALL you see wrong. Those above us played and are still playing a major role in how and why we do things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing