Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 12:26 PM

8 posts, read 4,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
If you don't like what advice you get back from a post, Google can be your friend rather then sharing your misery with everyone else.

This is a rather hostile forum. I want to know who made you (and the poster above) the moderators of this forum? I have come to the investing section and asked from those who have experience in identifying what a person that fits this criteria is called.

Nobody forced you to read my topic and reply with your irrelevant opinions/answers and be rude to me in the process.

Quote:
Personally, I find the majority of manipulators as being narcissists and sociopaths.
The best way to handle them is to ignore them and don't give them any power over you. Once they do get power over you and can control you, the best defense is the gray rock defense.

That said, tabula rasa now. Very good read. Thanks for this.

I am not trying to handle him. I am trying to identify what he is. The person has no control over me. In fact, the person does not want to deal with me at all.

But:

1) He is influencing everyone wrongly (FYI, stock lost 20% last 8 months while the market is up 25%, but it is not about price really)

2) He is not allowing negative aspects of the company be discussed. Therefore, he is not allowing a healthy environment flourish.

3) He wins by volume. There are 30-posts of his against someone's single post. So he gets more air time.

Since I own and trade in the stock and I am a long-time member of the forum, I am affected even if I do not interact with this person. I hope this is clearer.

Again, I am not trying to offend anyone here, and thanks for your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 01:57 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,043 times
CountingCrows
This is a rather hostile forum. I want to know who made you (and the poster above) the moderators of this forum? I have come to the investing section and asked from those who have experience in identifying what a person that fits this criteria is called.
Nobody forced you to read my topic and reply with your irrelevant opinions/answers and be rude to me in the process.

I am not a moderator and I have no idea what makes you think that someone made me one.
I do have experience in identifying what a person that fits this criteria is called that is evidenced by my professional references that I posted above rather than just giving you my opinion.
You are correct by stating that nobody forced me to read your topic and reply with my opinions/answers and be informative to you in the process. I did this under my own volition.
Another opinion of mine is that it's obvious to me that you are in a state of mind that is most relative to being a, (victim), in the Karpman Triangle so you feel like anyone, (rescuer), that is helping you is hostile towards you when actually they are trying to help you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karpman_drama_triangle
Karpman drama triangle

The Victim: The Victim's stance is "Poor me!" The Victim feels victimized, oppressed, helpless, hopeless, powerless, ashamed, and seems unable to make decisions, solve problems, take pleasure in life, or achieve insight. The Victim, if not being persecuted, will seek out a Persecutor and also a Rescuer who will save the day but also perpetuate the Victim's negative feelings.

The Rescuer: The rescuer's line is "Let me help you." A classic enabler, the Rescuer feels guilty if he/she doesn't go to the rescue. Yet his/her rescuing has negative effects: It keeps the Victim dependent and gives the Victim permission to fail. The rewards derived from this rescue role are that the focus is taken off of the rescuer. When he/she focuses their energy on someone else, it enables them to ignore their own anxiety and issues. This rescue role is also very pivotal because their actual primary interest is really an avoidance of their own problems disguised as concern for the victim’s needs.

The Persecutor: (a.k.a. Villian) The Persecutor insists, "It's all your fault." The Persecutor is controlling, blaming, critical, oppressive, angry, authoritative, rigid, and superior.

So, that said, I'm done with your crazymaking drama.
I hope that you can figure this out.

Last edited by NickofDiamonds; 01-25-2018 at 02:06 PM..

Old 01-25-2018, 06:57 PM

8 posts, read 4,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post

Another opinion of mine is that it's obvious to me that you are in a state of mind that is most relative to being a, (victim), in the Karpman Triangle so you feel like anyone, (rescuer), that is helping you is hostile towards you when actually they are trying to help you.

Seriously, what the bloody hell are you talking about? Rescuer, victim, triangles... are you watching too many movies?

You are not helping when you talk nonsense or throw in info not related to my initial question. I was very thorough in detailing what the situation is and very clear in what my question was. What did I ask, where did you bring this?

We are not schoolchildren. There is no victim. There is an irritant and my question was: "Do you know what kind of irritant this person is (as far as stocks are concerned)".

Jesus.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:33 PM

18,096 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Well now that you have some ideas of what he is, you need to decide what you're going to do about it.

My vote is twofold: ignore and avoid. Not what you want to hear, but there you have it.

BTW, there are lots of blowhards on forums, people who take over every conversation and pee on it like a small dog trying to be dominant. I forgot one of the qualities of these types: insecure. Deeply insecure. And transparent. Anyone intelligent can see straight through them. Most either don't care or just scroll by. Ignore can be a godsend, but if that's not helping then seriously, find another sandbox to play in because you're not going to change the person or the way C-D runs.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:31 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,601,843 times
Wow, I'm lost on this thread....but by post 25 I'm pretty sure we need to start blaming the Federal Reserve bank.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:02 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times
Short his stock and tell him to eat cake.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:40 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Call him a booger and get on with your day.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:56 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingCrows View Post

That said, tabula rasa now. Very good read. Thanks for this.

I am not trying to handle him. I am trying to identify what he is. The person has no control over me. In fact, the person does not want to deal with me at all.

But:

1) He is influencing everyone wrongly (FYI, stock lost 20% last 8 months while the market is up 25%, but it is not about price really)

2) He is not allowing negative aspects of the company be discussed. Therefore, he is not allowing a healthy environment flourish.

3) He wins by volume. There are 30-posts of his against someone's single post. So he gets more air time.

Since I own and trade in the stock and I am a long-time member of the forum, I am affected even if I do not interact with this person. I hope this is clearer.

Again, I am not trying to offend anyone here, and thanks for your response.
It sounds like the poster you're reforming to is angry about his losses and can't let go of his misfortune. Maybe lashing out at everyone on your unmoderated forum helps him/her feel better about picking a loser. I'm not sure there is a good label for such a person other than sad jerk. As you may have noticed, we don't tolerate drama well here so you may want to consider bringing your investing discussions here and live the disfunction behind. Welcome.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:25 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Please PM a link to the forum. I'm always looking for new places to get stock picks.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:34 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing