Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 07:38 AM

1,087 posts, read 782,498 times

Advertisements

Some reasons:

* market over-valued after long bull run since 2009. A small reason can trigger crash.
* inflation and interest rate will be higher in 2018
* domestic economic outlook worsen under Trump administration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 07:48 AM

18,091 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
but the media was having too much fun with the 'Grab them by the...' tape
That tape came out 1 month before the election. Trump flip flopped a lot on the campaign trail and no one knew exactly what he'd do if he got elected. Plus, it was assumed (wrongly apparently) that the 2 other branches of the government, plus his handlers, would help control the cray-cray.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:58 AM

2,009 posts, read 1,212,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Boeing definitely not happy today...
Boeing is up 22% since Trumps tweets attacking them...my point is that Trump attacking AMZN via tweets isn't something to be concerned about long term

Old 04-04-2018, 08:22 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Call my legislator? It's not worth the time!
I'm glad we are working now on fair trade rather than free trade, even if it hammers stocks. It may help bring some industries back here or prevent other ones from moving. I'm hedged, I'll be ok if the market tanks.
This sounds like kool-aid drinking to me.. how can you confidently say this is "fair" and not just the continued off-the-handle bars, trigger-happy, reactivity of a mostly incompetent and mostly reckless strongman?

Old 04-04-2018, 08:36 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
This sounds like kool-aid drinking to me.. how can you confidently say this is "fair" and not just the continued off-the-handle bars, trigger-happy, reactivity of a mostly incompetent and mostly reckless strongman?
I've been against NAFTA and "free trade" since Ross Perot in 1992 --- so this has nothing to do with drinking The Donald's kook aid

Old 04-04-2018, 09:13 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
Boeing is up 22% since Trumps tweets attacking them...my point is that Trump attacking AMZN via tweets isn't something to be concerned about long term
You can’t say it’s not something to be worried about as you can’t guarantee what happened with Boeing will happen with amazon. It’s also doesn’t take away from the irresponsible nature of the tweeting

Old 04-04-2018, 09:24 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
That tape came out 1 month before the election. Trump flip flopped a lot on the campaign trail and no one knew exactly what he'd do if he got elected. Plus, it was assumed (wrongly apparently) that the 2 other branches of the government, plus his handlers, would help control the cray-cray.
And what also came out right after the "Hollywood" tape???
Wait for it---wait for it---
Wikileaks DNC leaks...
How "timely", can we say...

Old 04-04-2018, 09:26 AM

18,091 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
His tweeting will be a concern for at least the next 2 yrs, 7 months, the remaining length of this term. Unfortunately, people don't ignore what he says, and he happens to enjoy chaos and flip flopping. You may think that's a fine way to govern a country, but simply put, it's not.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You can’t say it’s not something to be worried about as you can’t guarantee what happened with Boeing will happen with amazon. It’s also doesn’t take away from the irresponsible nature of the tweeting
Trump has variety of ways to impact market actions snd companies
Boeing is not going up today

Old 04-04-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I've been against NAFTA and "free trade" since Ross Perot in 1992 --- so this has nothing to do with drinking The Donald's kook aid
But whatever you think have been the negative impacts of those two factors over decades can you at least concede that a wholesale attack on them wo considering short and long term impacts on US companies and consumers is really stupid, emotional vs rational thinking, and will bring about negative reactions???

It just seems like Trump realized Congress was on vacation and decided to become Kevin from "Home Alone"
Look at all the chaos he churned up
Syria withdrawal and confusion over ground actions w Murds
Border/military controversy
THe Easter speech debacle
Not to mention the announced visit from Putin and other foreign policy "missteps"

The guy is an entire car of clowns...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing