Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 01:07 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,336,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
In on WING at 160
Selling 45% of my position at 5% gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 01:26 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
@bmw - what do you think of BIO? I got IBD again and it looks like this stock doesn't have an RS rating on there.

EDIT: Actually, the volume might be too light, so nm.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Right now I'm 100% invested, my average stop loss is -1.54%, so very limited risk.
Dang you do get invested fast! That’s always good to see how quick it can be if your entries are working.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:54 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
@bmw - what do you think of BIO? I got IBD again and it looks like this stock doesn't have an RS rating on there.

EDIT: Actually, the volume might be too light, so nm.
I was just about to type that until I read the EDIT part haha.

I posted about THC, VEEV, ALGN, ZM today. THC and ALGN were buy stops, but they aren't going to trigger today since we close in 12 minutes. I got into GLBE and CRWD, both of those are doing well, but it's too late now for them. CRWD could offer another setup as it nears the high though, but it's most likely going to be depending on earnings next week from similar stocks. I wanted to buy DOCS today, but it opened gapped up and instantly took off from there, so I never got in.

So far stocks have been acting well this week. I made posts on the following this week.
  • SE
  • MRVL
  • BILL
  • CVNA
  • SQ
  • SHOP
  • ZS
  • LULU
  • AMZN
  • PYPL
  • PANW
  • OMI
  • AN

Earnings next week will decide where we go from here I believe. It will be interesting to see how it goes and how stocks react.

Current stocks right now...

AMZN
ARKK
BILL
CRWD
CVNA
FB
GLBE
MRVL
NVDA
PYPL
SE
SHOP
SQ
VEEV
ZM
ZS

Most were bought this week or maybe all of them, I'd have to double check.

Last edited by bmw335xi; 07-22-2021 at 02:18 PM..

Old 07-22-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Dang you do get invested fast! That’s always good to see how quick it can be if your entries are working.

Yeah lol. It can be very quick. It's not just how well my positions are working, but also what is my average stop and overall account risk.

I just finished updating my stop losses and if all of them triggered I'd be UP +0.36%. I also took 50% profits on 3/16 of these positions, so my net change would be higher than +0.36%.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I was just about to type that until I read the EDIT part haha.

I posted about THC, VEEV, ALGN, ZM today. THC and ALGN were buy stops, but they aren't going to trigger today since we close in 12 minutes. I got into GLBE and CRWD, both of those are doing well, but it's too late now for them. CRWD could offer another setup as it nears the high though, but it's most likely going to be depending on earnings next week from similar stocks. I wanted to buy DOCS today, but it opened gapped up and instantly took off from there, so I never got in.

So far stocks have been acting well this week. I made posts on the following this week.
  • SE
  • MRVL
  • BILL
  • CVNA
  • SQ
  • SHOP
  • ZS
  • LULU
  • AMZN
  • PYPL
  • PANW
  • OMI
  • AN

Earnings next week will decide where we go from here I believe. It will be interesting to see how it goes and how stocks react.
I missed DOCS too. I think yesterday would have been the best entry. If that happens again, when I find a stock at night but the best entry was on that day, should I consider buying premarket?

And yep, I saw your posts.

Old 07-22-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I missed DOCS too. I think yesterday would have been the best entry. If that happens again, when I find a stock at night but the best entry was on that day, should I consider buying premarket?

I had my pivot set at 58.25, but the gap up stopped me from buying it and then it took off right away anyways. Yesterday would have been very aggressive. I personally wouldn't buy pre-market unless it was a mega-cap stock like AAPL, AMZN, etc and even then it would be rare circumstances. I've seen way too many times stocks gap open pre-market and then when the market opens in seconds are down multiple points. It's just too risky. It's the same reason why you shouldn't sell pre-market if a stock is below your stop.

Old 07-22-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:

I never buy pre/post market but will absolutely sell on a spike in either if a stock hits my target.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:53 PM

Quick additions to watchlist after getting home from vacation today.

LH- Like this one, earnings are July 29 so I'd sell position before
ILMN
ATH
ALGN- Got in last time around 629.35 and sold for small profit. May use same entry again but stop would be today's low for less risk. Earnings July 28 so would look to sell before

Old 07-22-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I had my pivot set at 58.25, but the gap up stopped me from buying it and then it took off right away anyways. Yesterday would have been very aggressive. I personally wouldn't buy pre-market unless it was a mega-cap stock like AAPL, AMZN, etc and even then it would be rare circumstances. I've seen way too many times stocks gap open pre-market and then when the market opens in seconds are down multiple points. It's just too risky. It's the same reason why you shouldn't sell pre-market if a stock is below your stop.
Where were you planning to set your stop if you got in at the pivot?

Ok, makes sense. That's probably why I don't trade pre-market.

Quote:
Quick additions to watchlist after getting home from vacation today.

LH- Like this one, earnings are July 29 so I'd sell position before
ILMN
ATH
ALGN- Got in last time around 629.35 and sold for small profit. May use same entry again but stop would be today's low for less risk. Earnings July 28 so would look to sell before
I was looking at LH too but they also didn't have an RS rating when I checked on IBD. Maybe bmw will see it on MS. I decided to stay away from this one though because I see a lot of heavy selling volume since 6/1 but not a lot of buying volume even as it's getting up to ATH. I may be wrong but that seemed concerning to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing