Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Increase rate?
Yes 20 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 12:12 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times

Advertisements

Going red...

Old 12-19-2018, 12:16 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,223,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Going red...
Lol 😂. You folks have no idea what is coming. The party is over!!!

Old 12-19-2018, 12:24 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
well, this is what the market wanted, dovish outlook but I guess it wasn't enough... I guess the market still thinks it's way too hawkish given the slowing of growth.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:25 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Seems like no surprises... rate hike, 2 expected for next year
Should'a started this yesterday.

You're right, I wasn't surprised and I've said as much in our forum that I couldn't see any reason to reduce or skip the increase because IMO it was already baked into the market, and I believe I've said that anything other than what was expected would just be absorbed and we'd be right in the same place.

I had to laugh a few minutes ago. I had been wondering how the Fed announcement was coming along. I keep a screen on AMZN trading whenever the market is open (I used to own the stock) and I glanced over and saw a 90 degree bend (almost) in Amazon's stock!

I knew right then that either two commercial airliners had struck Amazon's headquarters in Seattle or the Fed had come back with the expected 250 basis points.

I feel good! Those of you who know me know of my love for AMZN, and I would have been so unhappy if AMZN took off without me.

Actually it appears to me that if this keeps up I might start thinking of AMZN as a good buy!

My true feelings are that we are headed for a world of hurt in 2019.

#pleased2BNcash

Old 12-19-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
Lol 😂. You folks have no idea what is coming. The party is over!!!
I’m short SPY, but I’m not predicting any crashes. At the same time I’m not ruling out any crashes. I buy, sell, short on current price action. Just my personal opinion, I think there will be more pain, but not a 2008 crash. That’s just a guess, the market could do something next week and my opinion eill be the exact opposite.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:28 PM

106,677 posts, read 108,856,202 times
It is always like two political parties . Those who went to cash want to see a world of hurt so they can feel good about what they did or like c2bp so he can eventually go see I told yo so after being wrong over and over .

Those who stay the course want nothing more than to see the others left behind for trying to think they can outsmart things or know better

Old 12-19-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It is always like two political parties . Those who went to cash want to see a world of hurt so they can feel good about what they did or like c2bp so he can eventually go see I told yo so after being wrong over and over .

Those who stay the course want nothing more than to see the others left behind for trying to think they can outsmart things or know better
lol pretty much! That’s why I like trading. You just basically see which side is winning and tag along for the ride and then seitch ships once the other side shows sign of winning.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Should'a started this yesterday.

You're right, I wasn't surprised and I've said as much in our forum that I couldn't see any reason to reduce or skip the increase because IMO it was already baked into the market, and I believe I've said that anything other than what was expected would just be absorbed and we'd be right in the same place.

I had to laugh a few minutes ago. I had been wondering how the Fed announcement was coming along. I keep a screen on AMZN trading whenever the market is open (I used to own the stock) and I glanced over and saw a 90 degree bend (almost) in Amazon's stock!

I knew right then that either two commercial airliners had struck Amazon's headquarters in Seattle or the Fed had come back with the expected 250 basis points.

I feel good! Those of you who know me know of my love for AMZN, and I would have been so unhappy if AMZN took off without me.

Actually it appears to me that if this keeps up I might start thinking of AMZN as a good buy!

My true feelings are that we are headed for a world of hurt in 2019.

#pleased2BNcash

Are you guessing the next stock market crash will happen in 2019 or that we will just be in a volatile range bound market? I also like AMZN, I'll probably put all $100k play money in the CD stock game in it lol.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:58 PM

806 posts, read 604,662 times
Quote:
I’m short SPY, but I’m not predicting any crashes. At the same time I’m not ruling out any crashes. I buy, sell, short on current price action. Just my personal opinion, I think there will be more pain, but not a 2008 crash. That’s just a guess, the market could do something next week and my opinion eill be the exact opposite.
I am now in SDS and QID and just going to hold. The market was caught off guard with such a hawkish statment IMO. Not sure what is going to help us bounce now until earnings season starts up. And the people I follow say the market is underestimating how negative earnings guidence is going to be for at least the next 2 quarters.

I think we will get to buy AMZN under 1000 next year. That will feel like a crash for many even though it still would be up several thousand % from the 2009 lows. Lol.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myname_isborat View Post
I am now in SDS and QID and just going to hold. The market was caught off guard with such a hawkish statment IMO. Not sure what is going to help us bounce now until earnings season starts up. And the people I follow say the market is underestimating how negative earnings guidence is going to be for at least the next 2 quarters.

I think we will get to buy AMZN under 1000 next year. That will feel like a crash for many even though it still would be up several thousand % from the 2009 lows. Lol.

SDS & QID, very nice! Yeah I can imagine guidance is going to disappoint coming up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing