Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 07:10 AM

481 posts, read 190,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Honestly, you should be looking at this time as an opportunity to jump in. Start small and then build up as your confidence in this investment grows.

He won't. He said he wouldn't even comment unless it got back to $20k and he already has now twice after this record price run. As you said this is the time to be doubling down if you want to make real money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 07:10 AM

238 posts, read 171,924 times
Best time to accumulate bitcoin is after so-called crash. It is concerning last few days due to too much excitement as seen in this forum. Correction is healthy and expected before hitting 6 digits in couple of years.

Bitcoin will never be illegal. In fact the reason US accepted it is so government can get some piece of the pie thru tax.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaflicker View Post
Best time to accumulate bitcoin is after so-called crash. It is concerning last few days due to too much excitement as seen in this forum. Correction is healthy and expected before hitting 6 digits in couple of years.

Bitcoin will never be illegal. In fact the reason US accepted it is so government can get some piece of the pie thru tax.

Yeah this is the time to buy when it pulls back like this. This is how even more easy money is made!

Old 01-11-2021, 07:12 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Bitcoin won't be illegal because too many of our largest companies own it. They will never allow politicians to ban it. Also, the Biden Administration has some pro-crypto people.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:13 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bullish View Post
He won't. He said he wouldn't even comment unless it got back to $20k and he already has now twice after this record price run. As you said this is the time to be doubling down if you want to make real money.
It's not and it's extremely irresponsible to be espousing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaflicker View Post

For most the government won't have a hard time tracking users; so they'll get their tax dollars.

Yeah... it can be made for blackmarket transactions... but the vast majority of that will probably still use cash.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
It's not and it's extremely irresponsible to be espousing that.

I'm sure you said the same thing at $1K, $5K, $10k, $20k, and $30k too.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:18 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
I'm sure you said the same thing at $1K, $5K, $10k, $20k, and $30k too.
You're only showing your ignorance of price movements.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You're only showing your ignorance of price movements.

I would say that one is on you lol.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:25 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
I would say that one is on you lol.

I'd actually agree with you there is a lot of ignorance from bitcoin bears. 2% of my funds are in bitcoin, which has grown to 3-4% from appreciation. I think bitcoin has a strong bull case long-term. I'm not betting the farm on this investment, but the anti-bitcoin people seem to intentionally not want to understand it or listen to the bull case.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:26 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Never said anything of the sort regarding $20k

If I did say it - find it and post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing