Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 10:11 PM

18 posts, read 10,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Examples of it happening before?
Tilray and VW are two of the biggest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 10:16 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,717,530 times
I was just told to tell you guys that Blue Horseshoe loves AMC.

And what the hell is a stonk?

Old 01-28-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
No
Would you give me 5:1 odd that it does? How about a straight up bet whether it hits 1000 or not?

Old 01-28-2021, 10:18 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,837,185 times
Quote:
Examples of it happening before?
Volkswagon

Old 01-28-2021, 10:43 PM

24,413 posts, read 27,082,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsOff View Post
Oh - absolutely 100 percent. I still don’t think the masses and definitely not the supposed experts understand at its most simple form what wallstreetBETS is.
Reading the WSB group right now... as I’m procrastinating getting ready to sleep. It’s a clown show in there though lol. Every other word is calling themselves retards, autistics and using the word “stonks” lol I liked them more when I didn’t see all their posts. Doesn’t change the fact what robinhood did was unethical and that I hope the shorts lose. There is going to be equal amount of blood spilled when this is over though.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Reading the WSB group right now... as I’m procrastinating getting ready to sleep. It’s a clown show in there though lol. Every other word is calling themselves retards, autistics and using the word “stonks” lol I liked them more when I didn’t see all their posts. Doesn’t change the fact what robinhood did was unethical and that I hope the shorts lose. There is going to be equal amount of blood spilled when this is over though.
That vernacular has been around forever. Similar to when someone posts a gain and is followed by a post saying “congrats and f)&#) you.”

Old 01-29-2021, 04:07 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,358,334 times
GME is up 89% and AMC is up 50% in pre markets. Never seen anything like it.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:21 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,268,377 times
Quote:
It's different in WSB since the GME squeeze began but as Wheelsup said, that language has always been used there. I don't take it seriously when my friend says FU after I sink a long putt to win the hole. It's the language of comradery. BTW, it's autists not autistics. Dig a little deeper and there are some really smart people. Speaking of really smart have you ever watched Roaring Kitty on YouTube? If not, give him five minutes to pitch stock ideas.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:27 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,837,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
GME is up 89% and AMC is up 50% in pre markets. Never seen anything like it.
This is called a short squeeze. VW was an extreme example of this... but if you use its trajectory, GME would hit $34,000.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:31 AM

26,199 posts, read 21,688,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awaken470 View Post
there is a liquidity issue in brokers and clearing houses which caused the blocking of buying gme, amc etc today. they will resume trading in the morning as they're getting additional lines of credit

when your moronic ~140% short position gets exposed, a wallstreet darling joins the company's board and a social media exodus forms against you by retail, other hedgies smell blood and jump on the other side of the trade - this is what we are witnessing on gme

last week all call options were ITM, forcing market makers to purchase shares. the same type of gamma squeeze can occur again if more call options are ITM by closing tomorrow. the market makers are basically forced to bid up on limited gme shares - hence why you are reading on wsb not to sell shares and to hold

the media is acting like a group redditors/forums have the capital to move a stock like this lol - theres obviously big players involved on the long side of gme

i wouldnt be surprised if it goes to $1000 or beyond - obviously just speculation

For every itm call that’s exercised there is a buy and a sell offsetting netting to 0 shares. The OCC handles the assignments to firms so are you sure there are massive buys going to to facilitate this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing