Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 06:20 PM

5,516 posts, read 6,371,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Gasprom largest shareholder is the Russian govt and it has a formulae to figure how much dividend to be paid out as the government needs money .
They are well managed and until now very profitable,they earned Euros and borrow in rubles,
Chinese uses a lot of gas as they mostly cook with gas ,Gasprom is also looking into India ,and rest of SE Asia .
where did you hear they are not paying foreigners /dividend?
https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...es-2022-03-02/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 06:29 PM

30,215 posts, read 18,783,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Dont worry, this will be one of those CD posts that age like fine wine....

In a few years ...if we avoid a nuclear war... someone will come by to resurface this post to roast me, or I will be back with glee to see if this crap shoot paid off.
It might be permanently delisted from the NYSE and relegated to the pink sheets.

It could declare bankruptcy, making all shares worthless, and reform later.

It could as well, as you are hoping, go up ten fold in five years when everything has blown over.

High risk = High reward or High loss

Old 03-02-2022, 06:49 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,100,049 times
Quote:
Bought Several Thousand Shares of Gazprom Stock When It Crashed to 2.60....

Shares Frozen Now Because Of Sanctions. Then after the the NYSE blocked it.... The russians stopped all divedends to foreigners.

I wanted to add more, but now they froze everything. Broker said I cant sell or buy more...

What a load of BS. Call me crazy , but when the storm blows over. This one will pay off for the long term regardless..
Quote:
Broker wont buys anymore. Believe me I would buy more lol .. I did de-risk today and unloaded some for a small profit to add to my uranium portfolio but still kept 80% of what i originally bought.
So you purchased at $2.60, and you would buy more but you cannot. So because you cannot buy more, you sold some instead.

That makes no sense at all.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:06 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,012,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Gasprom largest shareholder is the Russian govt and it has a formulae to figure how much dividend to be paid out as the government needs money .
They are well managed and until now very profitable,they earned Euros and borrow in rubles,
Chinese uses a lot of gas as they mostly cook with gas ,Gasprom is also looking into India ,and rest of SE Asia .
where did you hear they are not paying foreigners /dividend?
A blog I read about buying the dip... here

https://seekingalpha.com/article/449...mment-91668166

someone commented and sent it .... here

Website saying that he Bank of Russia has ordered to restrict dividend payments from Russian companies to all non-residents (link in RU):

vedomosti.ru/economics/articles/2022/02/28/911373-tsb-zapretil-perevodit-dividendi

Old 03-02-2022, 07:07 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,012,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
So you purchased at $2.60, and you would buy more but you cannot. So because you cannot buy more, you sold some instead.

That makes no sense at all.
I de-risked a bit today FOR A PROFIT. They were not allowing selling or buying yesterday.

Today they allowed selling. I sold some . Yes. There is a HUGE uranium bull run taking place right now and I decided to take some and put it in there . Dont worry I still have my gazprom

Old 03-02-2022, 07:55 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,565,312 times
Quote:
I de-risked a bit today FOR A PROFIT. They were not allowing selling or buying yesterday.

Today they allowed selling. I sold some . Yes. There is a HUGE uranium bull run taking place right now and I decided to take some and put it in there . Dont worry I still have my gazprom
who is THEY?your broker,market maker or your wife??

Old 03-02-2022, 07:57 PM

7,667 posts, read 4,655,886 times
I still remember getting really excited over OINK. A pork producer that was expanding in China....seemed like an easy bet, especially with a low PE. I wasn't the only one. It doubled in days. I looked at their website. It was mostly in English and I realized there was no place to order pork. No spec sheets on product. Nothing. ABAC came next. Then BIQI or BIQIF had a run with it. Anyway, whatever site is used at the moment keeps this really amazing picture of a giant hog that is the cleanest pig I've ever seen in my life.

I think the scam stopped working as well once they went hybrid with rental properties right next to the hog farm...or one time it was going to be a hotel. For you city slickers, if you're a hotel or residential developer, you generally don't want a pork farm as a neighbor.

At any rate, I unwittingly doubled my money on that garbage once. Better lucky than smart. But I didn't try to scam the scam ever again.

All I'm saying, is anything can win in investing...at least for a brief minute.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
A blog I read about buying the dip... here

https://seekingalpha.com/article/449...mment-91668166

someone commented and sent it .... here

Website saying that he Bank of Russia has ordered to restrict dividend payments from Russian companies to all non-residents (link in RU):

vedomosti.ru/economics/articles/2022/02/28/911373-tsb-zapretil-perevodit-dividendi
Gasprom pays dividend once a year,in August

Old 03-02-2022, 08:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,584,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post

If you had lived in the 1940's, would you have bought shares of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries a few days after Pearl Harbor?
He would have, and if we had internet back then, he would have started a thread.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:04 PM

Ukraine has disallowed any man under 60 to leave Ukraine.
And UK /london landlord wants to throw the Gasprom traders out of the office .
Oil tankers do not want to carry Russian oil.
Companies which bought from Russian companies cant make payment to its Russian bank so goods are not being delivered,
This is going to cause inflation wordlwide.
Outbound ships in Black Sea are blocked from leaving.
Canada wil raise interest rate by 25 basis point.
so will our Fed in March
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing