Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 08:42 AM

106,647 posts, read 108,790,719 times

Advertisements

We know what a good timer you are ..,you-laughed when I sold gbtc near 30 as you claimed it was going to soar , it’s 11-12. Lol.

Most of us here dont even believe you invest any meaningful amount of money .as well as likely missed the entire fed party bull market
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 08:46 AM

2,746 posts, read 1,781,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP 5.0 View Post
I was BANNED because of you and defending that other poster. You are a HUMAN SCUM. Biggest joke ever on this forum.
Still predicting Dow 8,800?

Old 10-23-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
You lost on most of your GBTC trades. As other posters told me thru direct message you FIX your buys and sells when you post them here. You are one DISHONEST Clown. Get lost from this forum you HUMAN GARBAGE. How can you even think to post here again?
I fix them ? I will bet as many thousands of dollars anyone wants to bet , who wants to challenge me that those were not my actual trades posted .

Old 10-23-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, nothing has changed. I still STAND by my prediction = Dow 8,800.

Good Luck!
Have you put your money on that? You are you short DIA with your entire portfolio?

Old 10-23-2022, 09:04 AM

What nonsense …I can’t wait for the mods to delete your gibberish.. so no one should be down in a down market and if they don’t time things they are awful investors ..got it

I think you need to let the greatest money managers know this

Old 10-23-2022, 09:18 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,250,937 times
Too much treating the stock and bond markets like a game, too much technical analysis for me.

IMO technical analysis can only wring out gains in the short term. All markets eventually price discover their way back to the ground truth, which is the productive frontier of the economy.

So much brain power spent on trying to time markets and predict macro outcomes. It's a fine hobby but I can't help think we would all be better off if we used our brains on other things like actual investments, starting businesses, buying capital equipment, educating ourselves further in our professional skills.

Old 10-23-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, I went heavily short since the begining of this year. My portfolio is up 67.8% since then.
Nothing has changed and those fools who think the FED will pivot are DELUSIONAL. You will NOT see artificaly low interest rates in your lifetime again.

Deflation Season needs to be HONORED and another Great Depression is upon us. The Piper must finally be paid now.

Good Luck!
The beginning of this year? You’ve been howling the market was going to fall since 2016. So even you don’t believe you. Nor surprising.

Old 10-23-2022, 09:43 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Too much treating the stock and bond markets like a game, too much technical analysis for me.

IMO technical analysis can only wring out gains in the short term. All markets eventually price discover their way back to the ground truth, which is the productive frontier of the economy.

So much brain power spent on trying to time markets and predict macro outcomes. It's a fine hobby but I can't help think we would all be better off if we used our brains on other things like actual investments, starting businesses, buying capital equipment, educating ourselves further in our professional skills.
Well said but for one exception. It isn't a hobby, it's a gambling addiction that leads to obsessive and destructive behaviour and grave losses.

Old 10-23-2022, 09:54 AM

7,774 posts, read 3,803,815 times
My main issue with Harry Browne is he has no academic background in finance, and that shows up in his books. He was in sales & marketing then saw he could make more money as a financial advisor and talked his way into that. None of which means his ideas are wrong - but it lacks academic rigor. His portfolio, for example, doesn't correctly (from an academic perspective) incorporate mathematical optimization, the Security Market Line, the liquidity preference function, Pareto-efficiency, personal risk tolerance and the like. And, of course, it completely ignores identified & well-researched "smart beta-based" factor-investing models.

The main thing the Permanent Portfolio does is lower overall portfolio risk - which is neither good nor bad. Its performance isn't better than the canonical 60/40 portfolio, but it does appear to have a better Sharpe ratio. If the objective is to beat the 60/40 while simultaneously reducing risk, Risk Parity appears promising over the long run.

But, of course, in the long run we're all dead.

Old 10-23-2022, 09:58 AM

3,496 posts, read 2,186,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well that would be me. I retired in March and the market went off a cliff. Kind of par for the course, for me.
I do have a pension - not “fat”, but between that and SS, I can live. No splurges though. It’s gonna be a long time before things get comfy enough for me to loosen the purse strings.
I’m sorry to hear that. I had a few colleagues that retired within the past couple years and they are very stressed right now. Fed policy over the last 15 years has really screwed the baby boomer generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing