Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM

48 posts, read 52,698 times

Advertisements

call ALLAH ALONE AND BELIEVE BY HIS MASSAGE THE [KORAN] HE WILL PROTECT YOU FROM ANY THING LOOK AT DISASTER IN THIS DAYS IN USA I SWEAR IT IS FROM ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ONE HE IS ALLAH

Old 04-29-2011, 08:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
So, you're saying God/Allah is punishing the US for not being Muslim. Is that what I'm reading?

I'll not worship any God that is that vindictive, thanks just the same.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:59 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
I would like a massage, but not from anyone named allah.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,838 times
Seriously, we need to get a former Muslim / current atheist on this forum to see if they can point out to the believing Muslims why Islam is false. At least I'd learn something new through the interaction instead of having the same conversations here day after day.

Hey, ashkar, have you ever read the skeptics annotated Quran? Take a look: Skeptic's Annotated Quran

Old 04-29-2011, 09:10 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Seriously, we need to get a former Muslim / current atheist on this forum to see if they can point out to the believing Muslims why Islam is false.
It is quite obvious why it is likely false. It is false for the same reasons Christianity is likely false. There simply is no evidence, argument, data or reasons on offer to lend any credibility to the notion that there is a non human intelligence responsible for the creation and subsequent maintenance of our universe.

Given that that idea is the core foundation of everything else in Christianity and Islam.... the whole things can be dismissed as entirely unfounded and unsubstantiated.

What the OP has given us is a slogan. No more. No less. The OP has offered literally nothing to suggest that that slogan is accurate.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
It is quite obvious why it is likely false. It is false for the same reasons Christianity is likely false. There simply is no evidence, argument, data or reasons on offer to lend any credibility to the notion that there is a non human intelligence responsible for the creation and subsequent maintenance of our universe.

Given that that idea is the core foundation of everything else in Christianity and Islam.... the whole things can be dismissed as entirely unfounded and unsubstantiated.
Well, yes, but religion can be attacked two ways. One, is simply by the lack of evidence. But, two (and the way I find much more interesting), is by evidence that demonstrates it is false.

For example, there is a ton of evidence that shows a world wide flood followed by a world wide dispersement of all land animals never happened. Also, there are earlier editions of the New Testament books that shows many of the words in our current New Testaments aren't original and were added later by scribes (see "Misquoting Jesus" by Bart Ehrman).

I can prove Mormonism is false by showing the Mormon scripture "The Book of Abraham" is not what its promoter, Joseph Smith, claimed it was.

When I was a believer, I never would have been convinced that my religion was false due to the lack of evidence, for I felt that I had plenty of evidence to support it. But, the one thing that did get to me was the evidence that it was false.

I want a former Muslim on here to show those of us who are interested all the evidence of why Islam is false, from someone who knows the Quran and the early history of Islam, inside and out.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 AM

48 posts, read 52,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury cougar View Post
i would like a massage, but not from anyone named allah.
soon you will know who is allah

Old 04-29-2011, 09:27 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Well, yes, but religion can be attacked two ways. One, is simply by the lack of evidence. But, two (and the way I find much more interesting), is by evidence that demonstrates it is false.
I simply do not have the time to look for evidence that unsubstantiated things are false. There are enough things in my life, and this world, that have some substantiated and so further research as to the truth of the claims is actually warranted.

Looking for evidence that unsubstantiated things are false therefore, I will never have time for. I will never even have time to look at all the claims that have SOME substantiation.

The idea that there is a god entity appears to be ENTIRELY unsubstantiated. As such I dismiss it. Completely. I need waste no time looking for evidence that it is false.

Should anyone find a shred of argument, data, evidence or reasons to think there might be a god however, THEN I can spend some time talking to them. Over 18 years of asking for it now, and no one has given me an iota.

Zilch. Nothing. Nadda. Nichts. Zip. Feck all.

Last edited by Nozzferrahhtoo; 04-29-2011 at 09:40 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I simply do not have the time to look for evidence that unsubstantiated things are false. There are enough things in my life, and this world, that have some substantiated and so further research as to the truth of the claims is actually warranted.

Looking for evidence that unsubstantiated things are false therefore, I will never have time for. I will never even have time to look at all the claims that have SOME substantiation.

The idea that there is a god entity appears to be ENTIRELY unsubstantiated. As such I dismiss it. Completely. I need waste no time looking for evidence that it is false.

Should anyone find a shred of argument, data, evidence or reasons to think there might be a god however, THEN I can spend some time talking to them. Over 18 years of asking for it now, and no one has given me an iota.

Zilch. Nothing. Nadda. Nichts. Zip. Feck all.
Well, that is fine for you. That is why I said, "I want a former Muslim on here to show those of us who are interested all the evidence of why Islam is false, from someone who knows the Quran and the early history of Islam, inside and out".

Many atheists, such as myself, still maintain an interest in religions and what to learn more about them including why they are false, even though we don't believe in them. That is why many of us post on religious forums such as this one.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkar View Post
soon you will know who is allah

i already know who ALLAH is,??!!!!! he is a fantom character made up by a clever camel herder nomad man named muhammad to instill fear into the masses..

he's very similar to the god in the bible

now say after me,,"i worship zod" the just god of peace and happiness, peace be apon his soul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam