Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 08:01 AM

2,781 posts, read 2,673,933 times

Advertisements

under the shade of Allah

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"Allah will give shade, to seven, on the Day when there will be no shade but His.
(These seven persons are)
a just ruler,
a youth who has been brought up in the worship of Allah (i.e. worships Allah sincerely from childhood),
a man whose heart is attached to the mosques (i.e. to pray the compulsory prayers in the mosque in congregation),
two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only,
a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for illicit intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah,
a man who gives charitable gifts so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity),
and a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes are then flooded with tears."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 10:13 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,897,673 times
I thought a true Muslim always puts "(swt)" after mentions Allah.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:42 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I thought a true Muslim always puts "(swt)" after mentions Allah.
While most of us do, It is not required. We do it of our own free will if we desire. We gain nothing for doing so and loose nothing for not doing so.

Nobody is going to spank us if we don't.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
I don't need shade. I do need freedom though... so if any "Gods" are offering that... perhaps the Deist God? The dessert god might think shade is a valuable trade for freedom, but it overestimates the harm of the Sun and my care for this selfish beings's insidious need for submission. Muslims don't need to do any of those things they do to decorate their words because they are allowed to sin. The same as why women are allowed to loose their hoodies and men to loose their beards. But because religion is so corrupt and authoritarian, sins are usually made illegal.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I don't need shade. I do need freedom though... so if any "Gods" are offering that... perhaps the Deist God? The dessert god might think shade is a valuable trade for freedom, but it overestimates the harm of the Sun and my care for this selfish beings's insidious need for submission. Muslims don't need to do any of those things they do to decorate their words because they are allowed to sin. The same as why women are allowed to loose their hoodies and men to loose their beards. But because religion is so corrupt and authoritarian, sins are usually made illegal.
You have no idea as to how much freedom we have. I follow the 5 Pillars because I want to, as do most Muslims. There is no virtue in following Islam if you are not doing so with sincerity and of your own free choice.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:38 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,673,933 times
Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls,
do not despair of the mercy of Allah;
surely Allah forgives the faults altogether;
surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful.

And return to your Lord time after time and submit to Him before there comes to you the punishment,
then you shall not be helped.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You have no idea as to how much freedom we have. I follow the 5 Pillars because I want to, as do most Muslims. There is no virtue in following Islam if you are not doing so with sincerity and of your own free choice.
And what choice had you in God forcing you upon us? Seems to me you were a mindless mix of two haploid cells and were forced to become through natural selection, much like a snowflake is forced to become.

What sincerity is there in making a bargain?
What free choice is there in being sentient?

Old 07-04-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Say: O my servants! who have acted extravagantly against their own souls,
do not despair of the mercy of Allah;
surely Allah forgives the faults altogether;
surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful.

And return to your Lord time after time and submit to Him before there comes to you the punishment,
then you shall not be helped.
Gabriel knows nothing of truth. the true Lord that rules over such self-misleading creatures as the Jewish god would be insulted and sad to see such human failure. Surely Gabriel should have talked about his "Allah's" determination to educate the people instead of letting his children roam free into the pit of the volcano. Even the worst cougar mother would not allow such a thing to happen, let alone if she is a master of the punishment itself. Surely Gabriel's Lord chooses not to help because it is corrupted and weak. Or surely there is nothing there but your pitiful needs, the story of Muhammad, and the Caliphate's crafting of a new idol.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
And what choice had you in God forcing you upon us? Seems to me you were a mindless mix of two haploid cells and were forced to become through natural selection, much like a snowflake is forced to become.

What sincerity is there in making a bargain?
What free choice is there in being sentient?
There is only free choice in that which we are faced with alternatives. Part of the trials of this existence is we are subject to the randomness of material creation and the subsequent laws of Physic, biology, mathematics and all material aspects of the universe.

Free choice comes in the realm in which we can select from alternative choices.

Our responsibility is to do our best to make informed choices based upon that which we have investigated to the best of our ability. to anticipate the outcome of our choice and accept the result of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam