Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:09 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
So, yes, underage children are permitted to marry in Islam, as long as 2 older men decide that they want it to happen. OK, sounds like a great system is in place to protect the health and well being of young children! (sarcasm)

I'm sure she would have been able to cook and clean, at 9 years old. I was making sandwiches for myself at the age of 5. I've been doing that kind of stuff around the house since I was that age as well.
Aisha living in the 9th century, would not have had as many things to take care of in the household, as the household was likely a tent in the desert. Not really much to take care of there.

Also, Mohammad had at least one other wife at the time,

Umm Salama would have been doing the market shopping no doubt, leaving Aisha to "play" with Mohammad.

I've lived in South America and there are young kids, 6-8 years old, out there farming in the fields , herding 2-ton giant bulls around, and yes shopping in the local village market.
Only difference with those kids is they don't get "married" until they're at least 15-16, and the teenage boys are usually the same age or a few years older.

Unlike the Muslims I have seen here in the DC area, where I have seen 40-45 year old men walking around with wives who looked to be no older than 16. I have visited a mosque and seen girls who were 17 years old that already had children (they were married to older men, who, like you said, were required to demonstrate they had a house and money before they could afford a wife).

There is no excuse for this disgusting pedophile behavior. I condemn anyone who is a part of this repugnant and backwards "religion".

This is a good summation:
Ayesha the child wife of the Prophet

Even if the Hadiths are controversial, why would they see the need to lie about Aisha being 6 years old? Probably because she was actually that age.
Aisha like all of Muhammad(saaws)s wives had her own house. In Islam the wives do not live together, it is not like one big happy haram. A man has to provide adequate (as she demands) for each wife if he has more than one.
No man or woman is to force a husband upon a woman, forced marriages are forbidden in Islam. The girl has to select her own husband and write out the nikkah, if it is the girls first marriage the wali has to review the nikkah before it is signed to be certain the girl is not being cheated.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:16 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Aisha like all of Muhammad(saaws)s wives had her own house. In Islam the wives do not live together, it is not like one big happy haram. A man has to provide adequate (as she demands) for each wife if he has more than one.
No man or woman is to force a husband upon a woman, forced marriages are forbidden in Islam. The girl has to select her own husband and write out the nikkah, if it is the girls first marriage the wali has to review the nikkah before it is signed to be certain the girl is not being cheated.
You continue to be delusional. You ignore all the evidence presented to you, and cherry pick what you want to address. I don't even believe half of what you say anymore. The fact that you are the only Muslim willing to talk about Islam on this forum says a lot about Islam. And you're a convert, not someone who was born and raised. I think that's pretty telling about how willing Muslims are to dialogue about what they are really doing.

Also you only have one wife, so I'm not sure what you're talking about with harems. I think you're just making things up in your mind again about some imagined lost Muslim paradise. I don't see any links or facts for your statements.

I'll just leave this here for people to see how prevalent child brides really are in Islam:
https://www.google.com/search?q=chil...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Old 03-01-2015, 11:20 AM

regarding this statement
Quote:
Even if the Hadiths are controversial, why would they see the need to lie about Aisha being 6 years old? Probably because she was actually that age.
All of the ahadith are eye witness reports and come from the witness. Everything stated about Aisha in the Ahadith come from Aisha herself.

But it is noted some of the things she claims to have seen are contradictory to her stated age at the time she Married Muhammad(saaws) as theyoccured more than 10 years before her stated bith year.
Us Sunni accept as fact Aisha actually said the things she narrated, it becomes an issue of personal verification and opinion if she made errors.
The Shi'ite deny all hadith narrated by Aisha and claim she was never married to Muhammad(saaws) but fabricated the ahadith long after his death.
My personal opinion is she did write the ahadith attributed to her and accept them as her own words. I see no reason to find proof of their validity as the main thing we learn from them is how Muhammad(saaws) treated his wives.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
You continue to be delusional. You ignore all the evidence presented to you, and cherry pick what you want to address. I don't even believe half of what you say anymore. The fact that you are the only Muslim willing to talk about Islam on this forum says a lot about Islam. And you're a convert, not someone who was born and raised. I think that's pretty telling about how willing Muslims are to dialogue about what they are really doing.

Also you only have one wife, so I'm not sure what you're talking about with harems. I think you're just making things up in your mind again about some imagined lost Muslim paradise. I don't see any links or facts for your statements.

I'll just leave this here for people to see how prevalent child brides really are in Islam:
https://www.google.com/search?q=chil...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg
You will find that most Muslims will not discuss their own opinions. Which makes sense as we are responsible for any errors we make. the general consensus is it is best to repeat only the exact words from the Qur'an and ahadith and allow the reader to draw their own conclusions.
I express my opinions as I feel American Culture requires opinions be made.

As for your link how certain are you each of those pictures are child brides or that they all are Muslim?
For example this picture:

SOURCE Hamas Muslim Child Brides | FrontPage Magazine

How often do you see Muslim men wearing suits, ties and Jewish prayer shawls?

Old 03-01-2015, 07:42 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You will find that most Muslims will not discuss their own opinions. Which makes sense as we are responsible for any errors we make. the general consensus is it is best to repeat only the exact words from the Qur'an and ahadith and allow the reader to draw their own conclusions.
I express my opinions as I feel American Culture requires opinions be made.

As for your link how certain are you each of those pictures are child brides or that they all are Muslim?
For example this picture:

SOURCE Hamas Muslim Child Brides | FrontPage Magazine

How often do you see Muslim men wearing suits, ties and Jewish prayer shawls?
the photo with the little girls is not showing child brides.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/mass-muslim-marriage.shtml

Old 03-04-2015, 08:56 AM

115 posts, read 261,726 times
Sociologists and anthropologists say the problem results from perverse interpretation of Islamic law. Women are simply unapproachable. Afghan men cannot talk to an unrelated woman until after proposing marriage. Before then, they can't even look at a woman, except perhaps her feet. Otherwise she is covered, head to ankle.

"How can you fall in love if you can't see her face," 29-year-old Mohamed Daud told reporters. "We can see the boys, so we can tell which are beautiful."

Afghanistan's dirty little secret - SFGate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpnpcCLvtM

"Adela blames my choice, a boy smooth as an Oryx …leave me alone, I said, do not blame me, I am committed to what you hate and until death do us part. Did not the book of Allah instruct? To prefer boys over girls…"

Old 03-04-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
Sociologists and anthropologists say the problem results from perverse interpretation of Islamic law. Women are simply unapproachable. Afghan men cannot talk to an unrelated woman until after proposing marriage. Before then, they can't even look at a woman, except perhaps her feet. Otherwise she is covered, head to ankle.

"How can you fall in love if you can't see her face," 29-year-old Mohamed Daud told reporters. "We can see the boys, so we can tell which are beautiful."

Afghanistan's dirty little secret - SFGate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpnpcCLvtM

"Adela blames my choice, a boy smooth as an Oryx …leave me alone, I said, do not blame me, I am committed to what you hate and until death do us part. Did not the book of Allah instruct? To prefer boys over girls…"
This seems to be an issue unique to Afghanistan.
Not certain when the practice of "Bacha Bazi" originated. It has a very long history even though it carries the death penalty under both Afghanistan Secular and Sharia law. The only time it was stopped was under the Taliban in 1994-2001.
Afghanistan has an interpretation of Islam that differs from the rest of the world. Quite a unique and unusual group of people.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:22 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Woodrow, your patience in addressing these matters is infinite.
You never cease to amaze me how you keep your calm and take it all in your stride.
Respect to you for that.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:16 AM

115 posts, read 261,726 times
Sahih Bukhari:
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 429: Narrated Malik bin Sasaa: The Prophet said, "While I was at the House in a state midway between sleep and wakefulness, (an angel recognized me) as the man lying between two men.(...) "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam